Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro

Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5rating 3.6rating 3.6
Overall Rating 1.6/5rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6
Thomas M. ReScore Review on 12/02/2016
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"I did experience a problem with this dealership, but once it went through the channels the problem was solve wit my satisfaction. "
This dealership is somewhat new and seem to be working out the kinks
Service Date: 11/16/2016
Review Created: 11/30/2016 03:10 AM

"Response to complaints"
Lousy. Dealership never followed through with their response to complaints. Over charged.
Service Date: 11/16/2016
Review Created: 11/30/2016 03:10 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 11/30/2016

Hi Thomas,

I see there was a credit put on your account due to billing error on your last repair order.  We apologize for the error.  Our new Service Director will be reaching out to you today to ensure the situation has been fully rectified.  Again, our sincerest apologies for the error on our part.

Pammie G. ReScore Review on 03/09/2015
"thank you Joe"
Thank you for your immediate attention to our not so pleasant experience last time. I look forward to our ongoing relationship with dealership.
Service Date: 02/23/2015
Review Created: 03/09/2015 05:09 AM

"good and bad"
We waited quite a long time to have something done that should have been quick. We had an appointment for an inspection sticker and two mirrors to be put on. After 2 hours we were told there were three cars ahead of us for inspection stickers and they would send us a check to get it inspected somewhere else. Also, when they brought the car out it hadn't been cleaned whereas every other car pulled out of the garage that morning was spotless. When my husband complained they did bring it back in and wash it. John, the manager there was very helpful and was doing everything he could to make us happy. Not sure who dropped the ball on this. We re hoping it was a fluke and that next time we go for something it will be a better experience.
Service Date: 02/23/2015
Review Created: 03/09/2015 05:09 AM
Joe D. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 03/09/2015

My name is Joseph Dio and I am the service manager at the new Patriot Subaru here in North Attleboro. First I wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. Without survey responses we wouldn't know what we were doing right and more importantly we wouldn't know what we need to do to improve. It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to run a facility like this, and I try to notice everything but the feedback from customers is essential. In regards to your recent survey from Surecritic, I can only say...I agree, I would have been concerned if I were in your shoes as well. I had the side mirrors installed in under 25 minutes, and had the vehicle in line to be cleaned prior to the vehicle being taken out for inspection. I think your salesman was trying to expedite the inspection and grabbed the vehicle prior to it being washed which caused the confusion. I am also aware that it was on the final day of the month for inspection and all of the inspection stations around here do Massachusetts and Rhode Island inspections which can make for a chaotic time as people tend to wait until the last minute to get the car inspected.  If you look at the SureCritic reviews and the reviews online for us you will see we do things differently, and we do wash every vehicle through our doors. Id also like to provide my cell phone 781-223-1490 if you ever have an issue and need to get service questions answered. Its on me at all times and the only time I do not pick up is if I'm with a customer. Lastly, Id like to thank you for taking the time to read this email, and your response to the survey. It means alot to get your feedback. I drive 52 miles each way to work here because they allow me to make customers feel appreciated, and the last thing I want to provide is luke warm service. I'd also like to extend a car wash and vacuum for your thorough response to your recent service visit. I hope we can continue to grow our service relationship as I truly appreciate you as a customer. I grew up with a father for a technician, and we ran a small one bay independent shop for several years until I got married, so I try to not do things the way a traditional dealership would (hopefully you can see that from this email). Let me know what would be a good time to have the vehicle cleaned and I will be happy to set that up. Thank you again for your time, and I look forward to your response.

John D. ReScore Review on 03/14/2015
"Problem resolved"
Joe was able to complete the repair for the original quoted price. Thank you for resolving the issue and providing outstanding customer service.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA 2.
Review Created: 03/04/2015 05:32 PM

"Brake job quote problems "
While there for an oil change, I was informed that my rear brakes needed attention. The quote I was given for the work required totaled $285. When I asked if this was included new rotors, I was told yes, new ritors and brake pads. Then the service writer excused herself to check with the parts dept. when she came back the price had increased to $460. Not happy with the fact that the price was incorrect till I pointed out the mistake. Also, warranty work to fix corrosion issues with the brake lines I had them comeplete 2 weeks earlier was not listed in their records.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA 2.
Review Created: 03/04/2015 05:32 PM
Joe D. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 03/09/2015

I would be more than happy to provide you with new rotors and pads at the original quoted price of $285 if it will help revive your faith in out department. One of our advisors is a newer employee and new to the business. Although she went to trade school, and her father ran a local scrap yard she is still learning the customer and estimating side of things. We do resurface 95% of our rotors, as most manufacturers allow for at least one resurface as long as the rotors will still be within a thickness specification. The confusion seemed to be that we can resurface your rotors, but we had thought you were requesting a replacement. I hope after our email it helped explain the situation, and that we can expect to see you back soon.

Joe P. ReScore Review on 03/09/2015
"Even more offended!"
My car was there for its 30k service, and YOUR COMPANY found the brake issue during the routine inspection and not because i noticed anything wrong. The mechanic found the issue and the advisor said that they HAD to be changed because of the condition. If there was a second option why wasnt it presented when i was paying out of pocket? I declined because $430 was too high for me.
I understand your explanation above but it is completely irrevelant to my situation.
That would make sense if i called saying i have a brake issue and wanted to know my options, but not when my car is on your lift and aleady inspected.
The worst part of all of this is that now i have to drive further to another dealership to have service completed to both of my outbacks.
Review Created: 03/04/2015 11:20 AM

"Misleading Information. Shady Business."
I took my '12 Subaru Outback in for its 30k service. The dealer recommended new rear brakes (at 1mm) and rotors (because they were scorched). They price was too high for me so i didn't go ahead with the service. When i got home, the dealer called and stated the brakes and rotors were covered under warranty. I returned the next day and the service performed were new pads and re-surfaced rotors. I explained how detailed the call to me was about having to have new rotors (when i was paying) because of their condition. It is not right that warranty work can re-suface rotors but I was expected to pay for new ones.
Review Created: 03/04/2015 11:20 AM

Joe,
          I hope my email got through to you as I responded almost immediately after your response. We always quote worst case scenario especially since its a safety concern and I think that may be where the problem originated. We try to resurface almost every rotor we service, how grooved or how heavy the rust build up on the rotor determines if we can or cant resurface. We would hate to misquote you cheaper and then have to add in expenses, we would rather give you the full picture, and hope that we can save you the money in the end. I would be more than happy to replace the rotors for you if you choose even though all work that was performed is guaranteed. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Joe,
     I apologize you feel that way. It seems we caused you great confusion and distress and this is a new for us. Im sure you can agree that we called and verified it was under warranty and made sure to provide the repair at no cost and I have also openly offered new rotors at no cost. Im more then open to doing whatever we can to help regain your trust. Regretfully mistakes happen. Ive provided my cell phone and have responded before we open and after we close. I value your opinion and business and would love the oportunity to talk. I hope to speak to you soon.

Martha E. ReScore Review on 12/06/2014
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"followup with service manager"
I would give them another try
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA PR
Service Date: 11/17/2014
Review Created: 12/05/2014 07:13 AM

"requested service rating"
brought car in for oil change and free inspection--all was done well but was told I need new seal that oil was leaking underneath called husband who explained he thought it was oil leaking out of incorrectly installed oil filter-had been told that by other mechanic and we were told to just have oil filter and oil changed (the car has less than 34,000. miles on it--think I got a lemon if seal has already gone ?? Asked service manager if I had any warranty on the work that was done then was told no--the warranty is only until the end of car warranty at 35,000. so far so good but was concerned if they replaced seal and it wasnt done correctly I would have no recourse. Seal and oil change done but was then told car could use $300.00 brake work????
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA PR
Service Date: 11/17/2014
Review Created: 12/05/2014 07:13 AM
Joe D. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 12/05/2014

Martha,
          I hope after our talk that you feel better. I know you were concerned about your vehicle being a lemon like your Nissan Altima. You were and are in good hands. We will continue to take care of you now in the future. If you need anything please call me at my direct line.

Rose L. on 02/22/2017
"Great Place to Buy a Car"
Nice folks, helpful, responsive and easy to work with. And we love the 3.6 Outback Touring.
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK TOURING
Sales Date: 02/08/2017
Review Created: 02/22/2017 05:10 AM
Joseph B. on 02/21/2017
"I was helped immediately and proffessionaly."
I was satisfied with the condition my car was returned to me and my concern looked into.
Service Date: 02/07/2017
Review Created: 02/21/2017 02:02 PM
Jane D. on 02/20/2017
"Quality Service"
Every time I have my car serviced at Patriot, the staff is friendly and listen to what you need and make sure it is done.
Service Date: 02/06/2017
Review Created: 02/20/2017 05:26 AM
Amy H. on 02/19/2017
"Knowledgeable and friendly staff."
I purchased my 2nd Forester through Bruce @ Patriot Subaru. I walked into the dealership knowing what I wanted in the car. Bruce was personable and informative. After reviewing all of options available for the Forester and listening to my interests, he found the right car for me to test drive. After the sale of the car was complete, Bruce introduced me to the service staff at the dealership. The overall experience was friendly and informative.
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER 2.5I P
Sales Date: 02/05/2017
Review Created: 02/19/2017 05:20 AM
Bradford G. on 02/19/2017
"Happy Owner"
Wonderful experience at Patriot Subaru. Bruce Grabert (sales) went above and beyond to make certain we were satisfied customers. For anyone wanting outstanding customer service, look no further than Patriot Subaru.
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK 2.5I PR
Sales Date: 02/05/2017
Review Created: 02/19/2017 03:42 AM
Darcy D. on 02/18/2017
"Always great service!"
I always feel take care of by a friend when I come here.
Service Date: 02/04/2017
Review Created: 02/18/2017 06:42 AM
Frederick S. on 02/17/2017
"service and sales"
great service nice people al l around sales and service . see you in august
Vehicle: SUBARU LEGACY 2.5
Review Created: 02/17/2017 09:15 AM
Noberta M. on 02/17/2017
"THE BEST DEALERSHIP IN OUR AREA!"
VERY IMPRESSED
Vehicle: SUBARU CROSSTREK PREMI
Review Created: 02/17/2017 05:20 AM
Miguel P. on 02/17/2017
"Very courteous "
Very courteous
Review Created: 02/17/2017 03:18 AM
Eileen C. on 02/16/2017
"checking out a strange noise"
Since my car is only one year old, I was concerned about a loud, strange noise occurring whenever I turned. When I called, I got an appointment for the same day. It took under an hour and the problem was not a major one. Also, it was under warrentty, so no cost to me, always a plus!
Review Created: 02/16/2017 11:10 AM
Tammy C. on 02/16/2017
"Very friendly and patient. They worked tirelessly to help me find what I was looking for and obtaining it as I had very specific requests of what did and did not want in the vehicle "
I will go back and purchase my next subaru from them
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK 2.5I PR
Sales Date: 02/02/2017
Review Created: 02/16/2017 06:47 AM
Thomas S. on 02/16/2017
"Car maintenance visit"
It went great. I was comfortable while ther
Review Created: 02/16/2017 06:12 AM
Noberta M. on 02/16/2017
"THE STAFF"
I AM SO IMPRESSED WITH THE FRIENDLY, HELPFUL, INTELLIGENT WELL INFORMED SALES STAFF! YOU GUYS HAVE A FIVE STAR WINNER AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED. JASON WAS EXCELLENT. BEN POTTER WAS AWESOME! YOUR DOG FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT IS SO WONDERFUL... AND MY CAR IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER OWNED OR DRIVEN....
Vehicle: SUBARU CROSSTREK PREMI
Sales Date: 02/02/2017
Review Created: 02/16/2017 05:21 AM
Marie O. on 02/16/2017
"oil changes"
Last minute they fit you in
Review Created: 02/16/2017 04:26 AM
Rebecca H. on 02/15/2017
"Excellent service!"
Brittany worked hard to make sure I had the exact car I wanted. Since I was upgrading from a much older car, I had more questions than I expected about new features, and she replied promptly to my (many) e-mails. She was always friendly and never pushy. I left knowing I had exactly what I wanted at a price I was comfortable.
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER 2.5I P