Paul Campanella's Auto & Tire Center

Review for Paul Campanella's Auto & Tire Center
PAUL D. on 06/04/2015
"work completed without autorizarion"
In fairness, this review is solely based on the fact that work was completed on my vehicle without my consent. I took it in for an O2 sensor removal provided the info about check engine code took parts that I had pre-purchase and explained all I wanted was old removed and new installed. Was told that since first time customer an inspection would be completed and I would be called with an estimate for repairs prior to completion. Vehicle was dropped of at 830 and at 1120 I called to advise not to complete work due to a friend was going to help me with self repair to save money. I was advised by female clerk that she thought work was completed, then stated that male clerk would call me to advise. Never received callback and upon entering shop at 1150 learned work had been completed and my parts were used but charge was $117. Which equates to the diagnostic fee. Results = truck fixed but had to cancel friend when could've fixed for free. Conclusion = will continue to utilize my normal shop vs. Being subjected to policy rather than courtesy.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Service Date: 06/01/2015
Review Created: 06/04/2015 09:45 AM
Melissa C. at Paul Campanella's Auto & Tire Center responded on 06/15/2015

Thank you for your feedback, Paul! We are sorry to hear about your experience. The morning your vehicle was dropped off, we had an understanding that we were to replace your O2 sensor. Typically, we do not install customer supplied parts, but as a courtesy to you, and after attempting to replace it yourself, we decided to void our policy. It is unfortunate that the work had already been completed by the time your friend called, however; we pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service, which includes keeping communication throughout the repair process. It is not in our nature to perform any unauthorized work.