Peninsula Truck Repair Inc

Mike S. on 04/25/2017
Mike said the service was good.
Service Date: 04/05/2017
Review Created: 04/25/2017
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 04/28/2017

Thank you Mike.

Dana E. on 04/14/2017
Dana said this business was super helpful and friendly.
Service Date: 04/12/2017
Review Created: 04/14/2017
JIM J. on 03/27/2017
"They did everything they said they would do and more!"
They deserve a 10 out of 10 rating. They did more then they promised, and did it voluntarily, not forced to do it. Their customer service is second to none!!!!
Service Date: 03/24/2017
Review Created: 03/27/2017 06:57 PM
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 03/28/2017

Thank you Jim.

Pablo A. on 03/22/2017
Pablo said the business is good and he would recommend them for service.
Vehicle: Ford F550 Super Duty
Service Date: 03/01/2017
Review Created: 03/22/2017
Gabriel A. on 03/22/2017
Gabriel said the personnel at the business did a good job and he was happy.
Vehicle: GMC Sierra
Exceeded my expectations!!!!!!!!!!!
Service Date: 03/08/2017
Review Created: 03/10/2017 10:18 AM
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 03/13/2017

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to serve you better.

Emil Z. on 02/24/2017
Emil said the service was good.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 02/17/2017
Review Created: 02/24/2017
Dana E. on 01/30/2017
Dana said this business was timely. They were very helpful and they answered all of his questions. They fixed his vehicle even though it was very old.
Service Date: 01/24/2017
Review Created: 01/30/2017
Daniel Y. on 01/26/2017
Daniel said the business is better than average but not the best.
Service Date: 01/17/2017
Review Created: 01/26/2017
Kristin J. on 01/25/2017
Kristin said they were good and everything went really smoothly.
Vehicle: Kia Sorento
Service Date: 01/05/2017
Review Created: 01/25/2017
DAVID G. on 01/12/2017
"Safety inspection, brake job and a mistaken smog check"
I brought my 2005 Lazy Daze motorhome in for a safety inspection and 75,000 mile service. I showed George my maintenance book so he could see the items to be done and he made a photocopy. I had a post-it note stuck to the page that said smog check on it attached to the 70,000 mile list just above the 75,000 list on the page. It was there to remind me when I had it done last, but George thought it meant to do it. I never asked him for that service and in fact was told by Gabe last year that PTR didn't even do smog checks for gas engines. So George sent it out to be done for $137.00. If I had needed a smog check, I could have gotten it done for around $90. I see how the mistake was made and think it was both our faults, but George would not negotiate on the price at all. I wouldn't mind paying for it if the certificate would still be good in October when I will need another inspection, but I doubt that it will sill be good. Not happy about that.

George told me the safety inspection revealed I needed new front brakes. I ok'd that repair, but also mentioned that my other rear brake seal was showing signs of beginning to leak. I told him earlier about the last time I was in to replace the driver side brake seal, so I thought he was talking about the passenger side. He said it didn't need replacing now, but needed to be watched. When I arrived to pick up the rig, I saw on the bill that the DRIVER side brake seal was the one showing signs of leaking. This is the one PTR repaired just 5 months and 2,000 miles ago. This makes me a bit worried about the longevity of this seal and where I might be when it does fail, especially since according to the bill, warranty work has to be performed at PTR. It will have to be watched. It seems to me that if it is showing signs of leaking, that's the same as saying it is beginning to fail. I am glad to see it noted on my bill. I asked George about the guarantee on the original repair and didn't really get a clear answer, but reading the bill it looks like 1 year of 12,000 miles.

Overall I like PTR and want to keep coming back, but I did have problems this time around.
Vehicle: Ford E450 Super Duty
Service Date: 01/11/2017
Review Created: 01/12/2017 12:03 PM
Derrick L. on 11/19/2016
Derrick said this business was quick, fast, courteous and friendly. All of his coworkers are going to this business.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Service Date: 11/15/2016
Review Created: 11/19/2016
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 11/22/2016

Mr.  Lee,
Thank you very much for your review.  Please let us know if we could do anything else for you.

JOHN M. on 11/06/2016
"Expert Service, Accomodating and flexible, Honest and very fair pricing. HIGHLY RECOMMEND A+ !"
My First experience. My truck (f350 diesel) broke down at almost 6 pm near PTR and they arranged for towing and stayed late while my truck was brought in when no other shops in the area would even answer the phone. Gabe was professional and obviously knowledgeable on the phone. The Technicians inspected the truck and had me on the road the very next day at a minimal cost. I spoke with a friend of mine that teaches Diesel mechanics in San Jose and told him where my truck was and he said I couldnt have found a better place. I now agree. Even though I live almost an hour away I will be bringing my trucks there for service in the future. GREAT SERVICE! I couldnt be happier with my first experience there.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 11/04/2016
Review Created: 11/06/2016 08:09 AM
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 11/09/2016

Dear John,
Thank you for your review.   I'm glad you had a positive experience with our campany.  We strive to give the best possible service to our clients.

John M. on 08/16/2016
John said he liked the business because they have really good service, they are nice people, and are very accommodating.
Service Date: 08/12/2016
Review Created: 08/16/2016
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 08/17/2016

Mr.  Mcintyre,  thank you very much for your review we really appreciate it.

DAN C. on 08/11/2016
"Very fast professional service"
They are truly professional!!
Vehicle: Isuzu
Service Date: 08/09/2016
Review Created: 08/11/2016 05:56 AM
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 08/11/2016

Mr.  Cottrell,
Thank you very much for your review, we really appreciate it.  If there is anything else we can do to  better serve you please do not hesitate to let us know.

John M. on 07/26/2016
Spoke with Susan. She said it was just by chance her husband picked up a flyer for this business. She stated her husband is very pleased with the repairs done to his vehicle and the man there was very helpful. They took it in right away and were finished the next day. She mentioned it was perfect and they are very pleased. She would recommend them for service.
Vehicle: Ford Excursion
Service Date: 06/30/2016
Review Created: 07/26/2016
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 08/11/2016

Mr.  Michael,
Thank you very much for your review, we love hearing from our clients and their experience with our services.  It helps us serve you better.

DAN C. on 06/21/2016
"incredible service"
fast friendly professional service
Vehicle: Isuzu
Service Date: 06/20/2016
Review Created: 06/21/2016 06:01 AM
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 06/22/2016

Mr.  Cottrell,
Thank you very much for your review.  We love hearing from our clients.

LARRY P. on 06/09/2016
"I felt caught in the middle between my insurance company's quote and the high charge that you made me pay in order to release my truck. If the insurance company is definitely going to pay why don't you take the risk and give me the truck."
You were professional, efficient, thorough and I loved the finished product.
Vehicle: Chevrolet RV Cutaway
Service Date: 06/07/2016
Review Created: 06/09/2016 03:27 PM
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 06/09/2016

Dear Larry,
We had no problem waitting for your insurance company to pay us, accept your insurance company notified us they will be paying you directly.  Work was pre outhorized for the dollar amount you paid to us so you will be getting the same amount from your insurance company.  Thank you for your review.
If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact us.

MG G. on 06/02/2016
"Ford F650"
Gabe! He 's awesome.
Service Date: 05/31/2016
Review Created: 06/02/2016 11:32 AM
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 06/07/2016

MG,
Thank you very much I really appreciate that.  Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Dave L. on 05/14/2016
Dave said his vehicle's transmission broke down and this business wanted to replace it. He opted out of the transmission replacement, but in the end he had to pay them $300 for no work to be done.
Service Date: 05/10/2016
Review Created: 05/14/2016
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 05/17/2016

Dear Mr.  Lehrberg,
As you know you had your van towed to our sho.  Up on receiving the van we assigned a technician to diagnose your transmission issue.  Technician found transmission would not shift in to forward gears only reverse gear was working. Transmission fluid was low by five quarts.  Technician added five quarts of tranmission fluid still no forward gears.  Hooked unit up to diagnostic computer, pulled the following active codes P0107  P0500 P1744.  After investigating the active codes we presented our recommendation to you to replace the  transmission with an OEM transmission.  Here is the breakedown of the charges ATF Fluid $ 45.00  Computer diagnostic test using Ford Motor Company diagnostic procedure $ 217.50  California State sales tax $ 4.05  Total paid $ 266.55  Thank you.