Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc.

Overall Rating 3.9166667/5Overall Rating 3.9166667/5Overall Rating 3.9166667/5rating 3.9166667rating 3.9166667
Overall Rating 2.4166667/5Overall Rating 2.4166667/5rating 2.4166667rating 2.4166667rating 2.4166667
Review for Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc.
Ray R. on 03/26/2016
"Time to move on."
NOT happy, It all Started with the tire rotation, Chris ask if I was sure they needed to be done, I said yes,I do them every 5000 miles with my oil change. He then said you go 5000 on Max Life Semi Synthetic, he would only do 3000, that by 4000 it would be like putting dirt right on the engine.I'm 63 years old play around with car all my life and when I worked at gas station in my school years changed conventional oil every 3000,why pay more for semi synthetic? He said the auto markers don't care how long I go ,they'll just sell me a new 1. Next I asked about matching the tire pressure things, he said what? I said you know so my tires match on the car to my dash. Sorry I don't know your term use use for it, but really don't care now. Last But not least, my bill comes up to $62 something and I ask did i get charge for the rotation and she said yes and I ask you guys now charge to rotate tire that I bought from you? The charge was removed.For what it worth here a little reading Chris might be interested in.
Thanks Ray Rupert
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cobalt
Service Date: 03/26/2016
Review Created: 03/26/2016 10:43 PM
Steve P. at Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 03/28/2016

Good Morning Ray,

We use Valvoline products.  Valvoline warranties their products.  Therefore, we must follow their guidelines.  They recommend changing your oil every 3 months, or 3,000 miles regardless of oil type used.  There are additives in the Maxlife and Full Synthetic oil that give additional protection to the engine.  These additives break down and this is why oil needs to be changed.  If you would like, I can have someone from Valvoline call you about the ins and outs of the oil itself.  But, as a business, we have to go by what Valvoline says and our experience of changing the oil in almost 1,000 cars a month.

I apologize about the tire rotation coming up on your bill.  For that mistake, I am installing a $10 credit on your account.

We hope you reconsider and come to us for your next oil change.  Take care,

Chris Pfefferle 829-1900