Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc.

Overall Rating 3.9166667/5Overall Rating 3.9166667/5Overall Rating 3.9166667/5rating 3.9166667rating 3.9166667
Overall Rating 2.4166667/5Overall Rating 2.4166667/5rating 2.4166667rating 2.4166667rating 2.4166667
Review for Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc.
Mark W. ReScore Review on 06/14/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Problem resolved"
There was an issue regarding a service performed that I did not intend to authorize. It was just a miscommunication and they made it right by offering me a credit to work my next service.
Vehicle: Dodge Magnum
Service Date: 06/08/2016
Review Created: 06/10/2016 06:25 AM

"Unexpected charges"
I already had the diagnostic codes read free of charge at an Auto Zone and I also suspected fuel pump noise. I expected a quick check (1 minute no charge in light of the money I was spending)for noise back there but was instead charge $90 plus tax for engine light diagnosis which I did not need or request and to listen to the fuel pump. Had I known it would cost that much I would not have requested them to do that. The rest of the charges seemed reasonable. I paid $90 to find out what I already knew.
Vehicle: Dodge Magnum
Service Date: 06/08/2016
Review Created: 06/10/2016 06:25 AM
Steve P. at Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 06/11/2016

Hi Mark, I am surprised at what I am reading.  I actually called you and recommended the $90 diagnostic fee because you had multiple issues (2 noises and the engine light) of which you were unsure of.  The noise under the hood we found, the noise in the rear we never heard, however, we did hear another noise which we did not see as an issue at the present time, and the engine light was because of 5 different codes.  So we spent an hour working on figuring out these two noises and the multiple problems with the engine light.  I had to spoke to you the Saturday before and you had cleared the $90 fee.  I feel like you also received the value of the $90 because you now know everything that is going on with the vehicle, where as before, you had a vague idea at best.  I would have never charged you the $90 had you not agreed to it.  I thought I communicated everything to you every step of the way.  I am sorry you feel I came up short.  Thanks for your business and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Chris Pfefferle