Pughs Tire And Service Ctr Inc #4

john w. on 06/18/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"poor service in general , nice to your face, but poor service in the background."
The guys doing the alignment are not fully trained up , more guess work than true workmanship ! you can leave in a worse state than you arrived !
Service Date: 04/18/2017
Review Created: 06/18/2017 12:06 PM
Hhhhh H. on 03/01/2017
"Awful service "
Anything they tell you times that by two , on cost of repairs, how long you will be waiting , and customer service . Pathetic
Service Date: 01/04/2017
Review Created: 03/01/2017 01:35 PM
Jim L. on 11/25/2016
"Great service"
I have been getting my tires at Pughs on Dickenson Ave. Reciently I encountered a problem and Mr. Frankie Pugh handeled my problem with speed and effeciency. Frankie, Doug, and the entire crew are top notch in my book. Today after taking care of my problem, Mr. Frankie Pugh apologized for my problem. They are great.
Review Created: 11/25/2016 09:27 AM
Mark R. on 03/05/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Customer Service - Hardly"
Stopped by one of their stores to get a nail pulled (granted it was 4:45) the rep said that they had enough work that they got off at 5:30. When I asked if another store could do it, he said that he had called them earlier and they too had enough work. Not too happy with the response and as I walked out, he said oh I can call them. What a joke after he just told me they too were busy. Never will I use these people again. I would have been dissapointed, but if he would have made the effort I would have accepted this. Maybe they should teach there employees to think a little, especially since they are the face of the company. So again not a place I would ever use.
Service Date: 03/05/2015
Review Created: 03/05/2015 02:17 PM
BOBBY S. on 01/21/2015
"Terrible customer service"
The older guy up front is great and genuine. The tall heavy set younger guy is not, in fact he gives me a bad feeling that he lies to me. I don't like being lied to, if your not sure, say that, don't lie to me. My gut feeling with him is just not to do business with him, he gives me a bad feeling personally, I can't put my finger on it, I wish I could so I could help him with whatever his problem is with customer service.
This leads me to the real reason I am giving a poor review. I had a second set of tires put on a second vehicle of mine, why wouldn't customer service personel tell me it would be the right time to replace my tire pressure monitors? Now I am paying to have them replaced, paying to remount the tires, paying to have them refilled with nitrogen, etc. This makes me feel like I have been taken advantage of from Pughes. I am extremely worried about this since I also paid for some sort of expensive warranty to have the tires rotated, refilled etc, it was the best/most expensive warranty Pushes had. I am now willing to forfeit the warranty because it would be cheaper for me to go to Leith Mercedes, all the way to Raleigh and have them work on the car knowing they would do the right thing to begin with, and I could trust them.
About three months before I brought the car in I scraped the rim on a curb. The valve stems are inset and do not stick out from the rim at all.
After I had the new tires put on, I was out of town a lot for at least two months, with my car. The tire pressure monitor kept telling me that one of the tires was low. I was in Atlanta and had it checked, it was messed up and the Mercedes place told me that not only did the monitors needed to have been replaced, because it was showing on their monitor, but the stem looked like it was not installed properly and it was broken. They told me it would be OK to get back to NC, (my friend is part owner of that Mercedes dealership in Atlanta) and have Pughes replace it since it was messed up. Well, when I got back, Pughes told me that I had done it when I scraped the curb. Pughes didnot know that I had scraped the curb months before. I felt lied to.
Pughes put a new tire pressure sensor in. It did not work, I brought it back, after leaving it there all day and nobody contacting me, I called. I spoke with a buyer and he told me it needed another tire pressure monitor and there would be an additional charge of a 150 or 200 bucks. I told him I did not understand why I needed to pay to have the tire rebalanced and mounted, etc after I had already paid for a sensor and to have it installed, ~120.00. He said it was the additional cost of the new sensor, I called the Mercedes dealer and they are less expensive than that. I felt lied to again.
It is now time for my rotation and I am uneasy about having Pughes do it, I still have the car telling me that I have a tire pressure monitor missing, since I have not been back. And furthermore, after this review, I don't want to go back to Pughes as I think they may mess something up on my car since I wrote this. I'm pretty sure Pughes Memorial will never touch my car again unless I get a phone call apologizing for all of this and some sort of Fair resolution. I'm not expecting to get everything for free, but just be fair with me.
I am in sales and meet people all day long. I grew up here in Greenville, and am an honest Christian man. I grew up at Greenville Christian Academy, went to church and youth group at Trinity Free Will Baptist, D. H. Conley for high school. I have known Pughes all my life, I have always traded my car when I needed tires, but now I am trying to keep my cars longer to save some money. But if this is the experience I am going to get from Pughes, I'll pay extra to the dealer to avoid all of this drama that Pughes has caused.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz E350
Service Date: 12/26/2014
Review Created: 12/28/2014 03:53 AM
BRENDA J. on 12/27/2014
"Trust worthy"
They are trust worthy and Robbie and the other front desk folks are very friendly and caring.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 12/23/2014
Review Created: 12/27/2014 06:36 PM
DAN F. on 12/24/2014
"Great Service"
I have been going to this Pugh's for years and they treat me great every time I walk in the door.
Vehicle: Jeep Compass
Service Date: 12/22/2014
Review Created: 12/24/2014 03:05 AM
CYNTHIA B. on 12/16/2014
"Me. George Pugh's legacy!!!"
Extremely satisfied!
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 12/15/2014
Review Created: 12/16/2014 04:54 AM
MARILYN P. on 12/14/2014
"Polite, friendly staff "
I went in with no appointment. They were able to diagnose the problem within a reasonable amount of time. Plus same day service.
Vehicle: Chrysler PT Cruiser
Service Date: 12/12/2014
Review Created: 12/14/2014 08:42 AM
NANCY V. on 12/09/2014
"Wonderful and courteous counter agents"
The men on the counter are polite and knowledgeable. The service was fast and efficient.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 12/08/2014
Review Created: 12/09/2014 05:47 AM
Jim at Pughs Tire And Service Ctr Inc #4 responded on 12/11/2014

Nancy,

Robby and Thomas both do a great job and we are so happy that they are Pugh's team members.
We appreciate your support and we hope to see you again soon.

Thanks for choosing Pugh's

TAWANA C. on 12/08/2014
"in the past. ..everything. this time nothing. "
Been going to you a long time and we have always had great service. However this time was not. To long to explain. But I will think twice about going to you again.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 12/06/2014
Review Created: 12/08/2014 10:35 AM
Jim at Pughs Tire And Service Ctr Inc #4 responded on 12/08/2014

Tawana- I am very familar with your situation that happened this past Saturday and I hate that it caused you any grief but I am glad I was able to speak with you today and hope that you feel better about dealing with Pugh's. Please know that I agree your issue was a odd situation but we were able to get you taken care, I just wish it would have gone a little smoother.

Your business has and always will be valued and I thank you for the communication.

I look forward to seeing you again in he future.
Pugh's Tire & Service Centers

DWIGHT L. on 12/08/2014
"Very professional"
As always great service and friendly staff
Vehicle: Ford
Service Date: 11/13/2014
Review Created: 12/08/2014 05:45 AM
GINGER M. on 12/06/2014
"Great service"
Have always had a good experience with this business.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Equinox
Service Date: 11/08/2014
Review Created: 12/06/2014 12:13 PM
WILLIAM B. on 12/06/2014
"They have great service"
I am glad that I come in contact with Pugh tire's, There customer Service and there mechanics are great, I like the service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Uplander
Service Date: 12/05/2014
Review Created: 12/06/2014 05:48 AM
ERMA B. on 12/06/2014
"service history"
When I walk into Pugh ' s it still has a hometown feel. I appreciate them calling me by name. They are also honest about the wait time.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 11/15/2014
Review Created: 12/06/2014 02:57 AM
LOIS R. on 11/26/2014
"Always professional"
I'Ve been bring my vehicles to Pugh's since moving to Greenville a few years ago, and have never had a bad experience. Great staff and always quick in, quick out. Will continue to use them for all my auto needs.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 11/25/2014
Review Created: 11/26/2014 11:00 PM

Lois,

Thank you so much for the kind words!! We appreciate you and all of our great, loyal customers that keep our engines running!!

MICHEAL B. on 11/09/2014
"Robbie is very nice and helpful"
Good service and adequate time
Vehicle: Kia Sedona
Service Date: 11/07/2014
Review Created: 11/09/2014 10:39 AM

Micheal,,

Thank you for the great feedback about Robby! He loves his job and his great customers like yourself!! Look forward to seeing you in the near future!

STEVEN B. on 11/01/2014
"Honesty"
Always eg great service
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 10/31/2014
Review Created: 11/01/2014 09:27 AM

Steven,

We appreciate the positive feedback!

We appreciate you!

MARILYN P. on 10/02/2014
"Lack of follow through"
Thomas was to call me when my car was ready, Tuesday, Sept. 31st. He told me it would be midday, probably between 2-3:00. But he would call me. He never did. I called at 5:00 ish. My car was ready. I was told Thomas got off at 2:30. No one called to let me know my car was ready. Colby picked me up so I could get my car. He was very polite & courteous. There was no paper work showing my approval for the Firestone Credit Card. A call to Firestone Credit had to be made to get the account number. I was disappointed with the lack of smoothly wrapping up business with Pugh. The lack of a phone call & no paper work for the credit card. I have been pleased with service from Pugh's before. I will recommend Pugh"s to others. I hope this was a once in a lifetime disappointing incident. As I am sure you know, all people in all departments need to remember to always practice excellent customer service. Thanks, Marilyn Plunkett
Vehicle: Chrysler PT Cruiser
Service Date: 09/29/2014
Review Created: 10/02/2014 09:59 AM
Jim at Pughs Tire And Service Ctr Inc #4 responded on 11/06/2014

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me Marilyn, I am glad we were able to clear this up and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Jim