Quality Auto Service

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Review for Quality Auto Service
Mitchell H. on 02/14/2013
Mitchell said they charged him for a catalytic converter that he does not feel he needed. His catalytic converter was a 2012 but did not have the right serial number to pass the smog inspection. He contacted the bureau of auto repair and they told him the business did not do anything wrong but the vehicle may have passed with the old one.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Category: Service
Service Date: 02/06/2013
Review Created: 02/14/2013
Mike G. at Quality Auto Service responded on 02/20/2013
After spending about a half an hour on the Bureau of Automotive repair website verifying that the CARB executive order number on the customers catalytic converter was incorrect. I printed out the pages for Mitchell so he could understand what we were up against. He agreed that the replacement of the catalytic converter was the only correct and legal action to pass his cars smog. After the car was finished and passed smog, I personally called the local BAR office in El Monte and spoke to a field representative. He explained to me that the reason the cat that was on the car wasn't legal was because it was in fact a 3-way cat and not the required 2-way cat. We both agreed that the part that a shop installed 2 years ago was sufficient to pass emissions, but was in fact NOT LEGAL. I told Mitchell I was sorry for the inconveinience and if he needed any other repairs I would try to help him in any way I could. He was understanding at the time.