Ray's R And R Motors, Inc.

Gary F. on 09/12/2017
"The Best Car Repair "
As always, excellent service, concern and care.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 09/11/2017
Review Created: 09/12/2017 11:20 PM
Ricky H. on 08/31/2017
Ricky said the business treated him well and they provided good service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet S10 Pickup
Service Date: 08/29/2017
Review Created: 08/31/2017
Dustin L. on 08/30/2017
Dustin said they did an excellent job and they treated him well.
Vehicle: Chevrolet S-10
Service Date: 08/25/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017
Linda S. on 08/30/2017
Linda said her husband and all the great guys at this business know each other. They do great work.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 08/16/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017
Ross P. on 08/29/2017
Ross said he liked the quick service.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry Solara
Service Date: 08/10/2017
Review Created: 08/29/2017
Rick O. on 08/29/2017
Rick said they got the work done. They were close to where he is and they were convenient.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 08/10/2017
Review Created: 08/29/2017
Tom L. on 08/24/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"A great place for help when in trouble."
Was on a trip in a rental car. I hit a rock in road. Stopped for lunch and when I came out I noticed fluid leaking under the front of the car. Pulled into Ray's R and R Motors for help. They put the car on a lift right away and told me I had a small hole in the transmission pan and I should not drive it anymore. I called the rent a car place ,man what a deal that was. Anyway three hours later a tow truck came to get the car but I had to get to the rent a car place twenty-five miles away. Ray the owner of the place comes from his home and gives us a ride to the rent a car place. What a great place saved my day. Great job guys. Thank You and Thank You for the ride Ray
Service Date: 08/23/2017
Review Created: 08/24/2017 10:48 PM
Del G. on 08/22/2017
"Quick work and all good"
Good work and all good
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 08/21/2017
Review Created: 08/22/2017 08:16 AM
Kevin R. on 08/17/2017
Kevin said the service is always good.
Vehicle: Cadillac Seville
Service Date: 08/03/2017
Review Created: 08/17/2017
Leon P. on 08/11/2017
Leon said this business always takes care of whatever is wrong with his vehicle and he never has any problems with the work they have done.
Vehicle: GMC Sierra 2500
Service Date: 08/01/2017
Review Created: 08/11/2017
Susan U. on 08/08/2017
"Great honest, friendly staff and excellent service. "
I been coming here for a few years and I trust their work and what they have say.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 08/07/2017
Review Created: 08/08/2017 06:48 AM
Jamie K. on 08/04/2017
Jamie said he has been visiting this business for years and they have always treated him great.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 08/02/2017
Review Created: 08/04/2017
Bob K. on 07/31/2017
Bob said he has been happy with them, and the service for the last 4 or 5 years.
Vehicle: Lexus RX 450h
Service Date: 07/28/2017
Review Created: 07/31/2017
Tim B. on 07/31/2017
Tim said this business is honest. They are great people.
Vehicle: Ford Super Duty F-350 SRW
Service Date: 07/28/2017
Review Created: 07/31/2017
Bob B. on 07/25/2017
Bob said the staff is responsive. They have always been there. They've responded to his needs and concerns.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Pickup
Service Date: 07/24/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017
Michelle W. on 07/23/2017
Michelle said the business provides the best work and they are very good and easy to work with.
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Montero Sport
Service Date: 06/29/2017
Review Created: 07/23/2017
Sonny B. on 07/21/2017
Sonny said he likes the people and they do a very good job.
Vehicle: Toyota Avalon
Service Date: 07/19/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017
Jack W. on 07/18/2017
"Took it in for didn't get fixed"
We took the van in because the asb light comes on and stays on a lot. Wanted it fixed. They found it needed some other work which they did. But they didn't do the break light at all. We picked it up about closing time on a Friday afternoon we didn't get back down the hill to Burger King before the light was back on. Turned around took it back. Was told the guy that works on that is now gone for 2 weeks. And you almost have to have the light on to trace down what is wrong with it? Dud! Don't you drive it, it comes on all the time. I feel like we got cheated. I wanted the damn light fixed. I didn't mine fixing what else was wrong but to pick it up have other stuff fixed and not the problem you take it in for. No way. So now do I have to spend more than the $800 dollars we spent on it to fix the light? Very unfair! I'm not sure if I'll use you again. We have been coming to you for a few years now but this is the worst service we have had. My husband didn't want me to write this review but I want you to know I'm not a happy camper. I feel I don't want to take this car on a road trip because of the light coming on all the time. I don't feel it's safe.so now we don't know what to do. We would like for you to fix the problem we took it in for. As for the price you quoted should have included fixing the original problem the car came in for.
Bobbie Woodruff
Vehicle: Ford Econoline
Service Date: 07/14/2017
Review Created: 07/18/2017 03:47 PM
Chris G., General Manager at Ray's R And R Motors, Inc. responded on 07/19/2017

We are very sorry this issue has come up.  Please allow us to continue diagnosis of the vehicle for you.  After reviewing the repair order and speaking with the service writer, we found the vehicle had come in for two separate, unrelated concerns.  One was the ABS (Antilock Brake System) light has been on and the vehicle was running poor, suffering from what seemed to be a misfire.  We verified both.  The running problem was addressed and a repair was made.
The ABS light was on, we found several codes in the system, however, when the components were tested, they passed.  We understand there is an ABS problem with the vehicle, however we need to see or witness the fault occur in order to diagnose the issue.  Simply having the ABS light on gives us NO information in these old OBD I (On Board Diagnosis - One).  We cannot simply pull a code and replace a listed component.  The diagnosis process leads us to testing listed components and circuits, which, again, we did, and found no faults.  The issue may be in an individual component, the wiring harness, the ABS computer or pump module.  We were able to make a repair on the running issue, but NEVER were able to witness the fault with the ABS system.  The ABS light being on will not cause a brake issue, it is just in indication that the ABS system has sensed a fault and is shut itself off.  In this case the brake system will operate like any vehicle not equipped with ABS.  In a panic stop, or in wet or slippery road conditions, the wheels may skid when the brakes are applied hard, just like any vehicle without ABS.
The fees charged for the repair were for the running issue, which we did repair.  No charges were incurred for the ABS system as we were unable to diagnose the problem at this time.  These systems are not easily diagnosed and Chris, our chief diagnosis technician and general manager was the person working on the van.  He had vacation schedules for 6 months and was leaving the Monday after the van was picked up.  He is the only technician we have which will likely be able to diagnose the vehicle.
He will be back the week of July 31st, we are currently scheduling appointments for that week.
Thank you, please let us know if you have any questions.

James
-Service Writer-
(360)274-3141

Jordan L. on 07/18/2017
Jordan said this business did a really good job on her vehicle.
Vehicle: Ram Pickup
Service Date: 07/11/2017
Review Created: 07/18/2017
Ray R. on 07/18/2017
Ray said he has been visiting this business for a long time and they do a fine job.
Service Date: 07/14/2017