Riker's Automotive And Tire Centers Inc.

Review for Riker's Automotive And Tire Centers Inc.
STEVE G. on 08/26/2013
"Not interested in local business"
As a regular customer who has spent $3-4K there over the past couple of years, I was shocked at this experience. Brought in the with a fuel pump I had already purchased for $119, told them I am pretty sure needs fuel pump can you check for sure. $104 diagnostic fee and then refused to install myfuel pump. Insisted I buy their Iidentical pump for $420, $820 total installed. Not only did they lose that business but any of my future business and referrals will be steered clear. Guess they get as many helpless suckers from Seaworld as they need. No interest in taking care of locals.
Vehicle: Chrysler Sebring
Service Date: 08/24/2013
Review Created: 08/26/2013 04:12 PM
Ron G. at Riker's Automotive And Tire Centers Inc. responded on 09/06/2013

Please understand a couple of things. We DO install customers parts, with trepidation. We say that, for the reason that happened to you.
You came in ASKING for the diagnostic, our price is posted, and you sign for the ok to do it. Once we determine the problem, you are then given the opportunity to proceed with the work.
You mentioned that you had the part in your car. The problem comes from the inferior brand that you wanted us to put on. WE have had many dealings in the past with that brand and find out that they fail 6 out of 10 times in the first 6 months.
We will not install that brand on vehicles. It is not the identical pump as you mentioned, ours comes with a Lifetime Warranty!

We are looking out for our valued customer. If we had installed that part, without a warranty, chances are you would be in 6 months later upset with us.
We appreciate your patronage in the past, and We hope you understand our viewpoint a little better now.