Riker's Automotive And Tire Centers Inc.

Review for Riker's Automotive And Tire Centers Inc.
DON/STEVE M. on 10/02/2013
Never again will I take any of my 4 cars to Rikers. They estimated 1500.00 to repair my Santa Fe AC and billed me 159.00 for Diagnostics and and idle repair. The idle repair did not work. Subsequently, I had the AC fixed and at Orlando Hyundai for 269.00 and the idle problem repaired by replacing a inexpensive valve gasket - It was leaking on to a spark plug, causing skipping. So long Rikers!!
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe
Service Date: 09/25/2013
Review Created: 10/02/2013 04:15 PM
Ron G. at Riker's Automotive And Tire Centers Inc. responded on 10/03/2013

Mr. Mccrary;
After speaking to the Service Manager, I have determined that sometimes, the simple fix can elude us.

At this point, I understand, that I probably can not do or say anything that will correct this mistake, but I would like to try.
Please understand that the diagnosis to replace the compressor was what we thought was needed at the time. It looks like there was a different issue altogether, and maybe, just maybe, the Dealer knew of the simple fix because they have seen the problem before.

I appreciate the fact that you took the car for a second opinion, I would do the same thing and I am glad that it worked out for you.

The other issue regarding the skipping, I do not see anything written down on our paperwork that notes a miss, or skipping, only that the idle was fast and we removed the Idle Speed Accuator and cleaned it. (That stopped the high idle).

With that said, I will be sending you a check for the $185.55, along with a couple of free oil change cards, hoping that you will not completly write us off.
I understand that we missed this one, and DO NOT want to lose your family as a customer.

Ron Goins
General Manager
407-238-9990 fax

P.S.  If it is at all possible for you to send over, by fax or email, the repair order from the Dealer for us to discuss with our technician, I would appreciate it.