Roy's Quality Car Care

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
CHRISTINA H. on 09/17/2017
"Pleased customer"
Always polite, professional and efficient services. Coupons also helpful to make one of the most affordable places in town. Thanks!
Vehicle: Honda Accord Cpe
Service Date: 09/15/2017
Review Created: 09/17/2017 06:26 AM
Amy L. on 09/15/2017
Amy said this business was easy and quick.
Vehicle: Honda Accord Cpe
Service Date: 09/12/2017
Review Created: 09/15/2017
Mike W. on 09/11/2017
Mike said the service was good. The work was completed in a couple of hours and the vehicle is running great.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Service Date: 09/08/2017
Review Created: 09/11/2017
STEVE L. on 09/09/2017
"My Ford F250"
I live in Riverdale, MD and our son lives in Hagerstown, MD and we have almost all of our auto/truck work done at Roy's. Anyway I have a 2006 Ford F250 that was giving me trouble with missing, poor fuel economy and running really ruff. Dropped my truck off to have new coil packs (recommended by Roy's) and they found some problems that the other place (D&D Tire in Hyattsville, MD) didn't do correctly. They replaced the plugs that D&D had done but didn't tighten them down and they were miss firing all over the place. Roy's found the trouble replaced the coil packs and plugs and then to verify that everything was ok with the motor did a compression check on all cylinders. Thankfully they found the problem and corrected it or I probably would have had to replace the engine because of D&D doing a crappy job. We'd like to Thank Allen, Jon and however else may have worked on our truck and possibly prevented us from having to spend more money on a rebuilt engine or having the engine we have rebuilt. Thanks again Roy's and company we owe you a lot. The following is a letter that I sent to D&D tire informing them of what they did or should I say didn't do. Hello D&D Company Well I don’t usually like to complain about things like this but I feel that I need to express my feelings on some good service but also some poor service. On April 5th we had just picked up our truck from North East Auto body and on April 7th we were returning home from a friends house and our truck started missing so we stopped by and asked if you all could possibly check it out and see what was wrong with the truck since it was fine from the 5th to the 7th. This was the good service/bad service. So you all did your thing on the 7th and fixed our truck please see PDF #1 which cost us $937.02 dollars for what you did that day. However, on April 26th we had the missing again and returned it to have you all check to see what was going on with the truck. This time it cost us $171.79 which we felt should have been diagnosed at the same time as the 1st check. Please see PDF #2 So on July 5th we had to bring the truck back down after numerous tries to have it taken into the shop for a check engine light and missing again for you all to service our truck they found another different problem this time is cost us $418.81. Please see PDF #3. Again on July 20th we started having the miss again and returned the truck for you all to check it out and as you can see by PDF #4 it was recommended to us to take it to the Dealership for a second opinion. This time it cost us $83.87 a discount but still another charge for a missed diagnosis. On July 21st we requested that all O2 senors be replaced to see if that would help. Which is what we were told was causing our problem also. This time it cost us another $449.40. See PDF #5 So after months and months of trying to get our truck fixed and running correctly we had spent $2060.89 dollars and was told by your desk person as well as your mechanic that they couldn’t find anything wrong and that we needed to take our truck to the dealer for a second opinion and have them fix the truck. Well after that statement we decided to take it to another shop 70 miles away that our son usually works with and gets quality service from and that is Roy’s Quality Car Care in Hagerstown MD they suggested we replace all the coil packs on the truck so we did. After further inspection by their mechanic they found that all the plugs except 4 were loose so that meant that 7 plugs were just in the holes and not even tightened down to specs. After further review they found the info highlighted in PDF #6. Roy’s Quality Car Care then replaced the plugs that you all had installed back in April since the plugs were not installed correctly and as a matter of fact one plug on the driver’s side had completely blew out the plug and was sitting on the manifold see Images 1 and 2 one plug even blew the electrode off of it. Please see PDF #7 for work that Roy’s Quality Car Care had done. Since August 10th we have driven our truck everyday and it hasn’t missed at all. As a matter of fact it’s been running great, gotten better gas mileage and is almost like having a new truck even with 151,000 miles on it and we didn’t even have to take it to the dealer as suggested by your front desk folks as well as your mechanic. I could really be a jerk here and say I could/should contact the better business bureau about the poor quality work that was provided to us when we really needed you all to come through and help us. I have always thought of Zack, Jonathan, Al and the rest of your folks down at D&D as friends and I always appreciated any help that you all could provide but this time I feel that we were not taken care of the way we should have been. I don’t know anything else to say except that your service was great in the beginning and since April of this year it has really gone down hill as far as this customer is concerned. I think it’s a shame that I have to travel 70 miles to get service that I can depend on from now on when I used to be able to drive 2 miles and get excellent service from you all. This is just to let you all know that if I ever need further work done on our truck that I will be making that 70 mile drive to Hagerstown to have Roy's Quality Car Care take care of it. They treat you right everytime. Thanks again Roy's Quality Car Care. Sincerely Yours Steven Lease Sr
Service Date: 08/11/2017
Review Created: 09/09/2017 02:42 PM
Alexandra R. on 08/25/2017
Alexandra said her vehicle is fixed and she's very happy.
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country
Service Date: 08/17/2017
Review Created: 08/25/2017
Juan M. on 08/15/2017
Juan said his vehicle broke down the day after he got it out from this business. He stated he thinks they erased all the codes before selling it.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 08/10/2017
Review Created: 08/15/2017
STEVE L. on 08/12/2017
"Great Workmanship"
I live in Riverdale, MD and our son lives in Hagerstown, MD and we have almost all of our auto/truck work done at Roy's. Anyway I have a 2006 Ford F250 that was giving me trouble with missing, poor fuel economy and running really ruff. Dropped my truck off to have new coil packs (recommended by Roy's) and they found some problems that the other place (D&D Tire in Hyattsville, MD) didn't do correctly. They replaced the plugs at D&D but didn't tighten them down and they were miss firing all over the place. Roy's found the trouble replaced the coil packs and plugs and then to verify that everything was ok with the motor did a compression check on all cylinders. Thankfully they found the problem and corrected it or I probably would have had to replace the engine because of D&D doing a crappy job. We'd like to Thank Allen, Jon and however else may have worked on our truck and possibly prevented us from having to spend more money on a rebuilt engine or having the engine we have rebuilt. Thanks again Roy's and company we owe you a lot.
Service Date: 08/08/2017
Review Created: 08/12/2017 04:25 PM
Malcolm G. on 07/31/2017
Malcolm said he has visited this business before and he would recommend them for service.
Vehicle: Honda Pilot
Service Date: 06/29/2017
Review Created: 07/31/2017
Steve C. on 07/18/2017
Steve said this business has good customer service. There were no problems with the repair and the problem was fixed.
Vehicle: GMC Yukon
Service Date: 07/14/2017
Review Created: 07/18/2017
James P. on 07/17/2017
James said this business found the problem but they could not do the work because they could not find the part. He had his vehicle towed to another business to have it repaired.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 07/14/2017
Review Created: 07/17/2017
Alan D., Service Manager at Roy's Quality Car Care responded on 07/24/2017

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer our survey.   I understand your disappointment in our inability to find a part that has been discontinued for 8 years..  I understand that you had your vehicle towed to the local Jeep Dealer, who is the company that tills us the pays were no longer available.   I hope they were able to fix your vehicle.   Have a great summer.

Alan Decker
301-733-1771
Norma H. on 07/15/2017
Norma said she is very pleased with everything this business has done for her. She loves their service. They get her in and out quickly.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Service Date: 07/03/2017
Review Created: 07/15/2017
Amy C. on 07/15/2017
Amy said this business has good and fast service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Aveo
Service Date: 07/01/2017
Review Created: 07/15/2017
Pam K. on 07/14/2017
Pam said the business always fixes the problem.
Service Date: 07/08/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017
Chagall C. on 07/14/2017
Chagall said this business is great. They are really nice and they get the work done in a reasonable amount of time. They keep him updated and they are priced well.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 07/08/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017
CHRIS S. on 07/13/2017
"Awesomeness "
Again Alan and team help save my Jeep. Only auto repair shop I can trust!!! A ++++
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017 03:54 AM
Preston B. on 07/11/2017
Preston said this business was professional and knowledgeable. He spoke with Alan the most about his vehicle.
Vehicle: Nissan Rogue
Service Date: 07/10/2017
Review Created: 07/11/2017
Sherry M. on 07/11/2017
Sherry said they were friendly, and very efficient.
Vehicle: Kia Sedona
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/11/2017
Earl G. on 07/07/2017
Earl said Nick and Allen at this business did a great job.
Vehicle: GMC Safari
Service Date: 07/03/2017
Review Created: 07/07/2017
KATHY P. on 07/04/2017
"Above and beyond"
Alan is always trustworthy and the shop does an great job. I have an old car, so he helps me weigh the cost- benefit of certain repairs. Gor the current work, he went out of his way to get a part that was harder to find than he thought to get my car done on time. Alan is always friendly and helpful no matter what is going on, often juggling several customers at a time plus questions from mechanics. We're grateful for a good shop we can trust.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 07/01/2017
Review Created: 07/04/2017 12:52 PM
Alan D., Service Manager at Roy's Quality Car Care responded on 07/05/2017

It is just what we do!

Alan Decker
301-733-1771
Jeremy S. on 06/29/2017
Jeremy said this business was able to get his vehicle in on short notice. They were timely and had a fair price.
Vehicle: Ford Focus