Rt Clapp of Oak Ridge

Review for Rt Clapp of Oak Ridge
HECTOR V. on 01/08/2016
"Think I was lied to"
I went for an oil change/tire rotation and was brought estimates for several other issues I was told needed to be fixed. Leaking shocks were one, and expensive. Found out a month earlier my husband had been told his car had leaking shocks as well. Seemed suspicious, so went for a 2nd opinion, where I was told (and shown) that my shocks were fine. Believe I was being scammed.
Vehicle: Scion xD
Service Date: 01/06/2016
Review Created: 01/08/2016 06:46 AM
The RT Clapp T. at Rt Clapp of Oak Ridge responded on 01/11/2016

I am sorry for any miscommunication on our part. We only recommend shocks if they are damaged or leaking. I verified with the technican and the service writer as to the status of your shocks. Both agreed they saw leakage from the rear shocks. The only history I found on your other vehicle was for leaking rear wheel cylinders. No mention on work order or in revisions about shocks. Because we value our customers input and hope to restore any lost trust. I am sending a refund check for the last service work done on the Scion. If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at (865)482-2428.
Sincerly,