Review for Rte 1 Auto Service
ROBERT S. on 07/30/2016
"Found it, fixed it."
When you smell gas in the passenger compartment, immediately take it in for inspection. After one time filling up the tank and smelling gas for a couple of days after, I had to fill up the tank again and the smell of gas was worse inside and out of the car. I NEVER top off the tank by continuing filling after the shut-off. Wife couldn't accept the smell around the car. Took it in to Route 1 and they found the gas tank leaking at the welded seal. While full, it would seep gas (no drips). Half full, it would not leak or smell. I was driving a potential "bomb" according to Larry at Route 1. Had to leave the car for a couple of days to get a new gas tank and drop the rear end from the car to accomplish this. Although I didn't want to spend the money, the alternative was to either junk the car (could not be sold) or blow myself up. The guys at Route 1 took care of me. I know the work was done completely, and I did not have to start looking for a new car. Thanks!
Vehicle: Subaru Forester