Rudy Schmid Total Car Care

Latest Review about 1 month ago

Husam A. on 08/18/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Lack of communication and disappointment "
I'm literally sitting here while I write this review I'm very disappointed with this shop I did my research before leaving my car at any shop and this was supposed to be the best shop in the Syracuse area... I beg to differ and this is all facts ...my car was brought to this shop on July 3rd 2017 when I spoke to he main guy that manages the work in the body shop Rob he told me that in addition to the insurance work that he would paint my back bumper for me just to pursuaded me to leave the car there which honestly played a huge role in why I left it there and was extremely patient with the process ... upon checking on the car few weeks before it was done the back bumper was off the car which excited me because I assumed he had kept his word as a honest business man however a few days before the cars finally over I go to check on the car and he tells that he won't be able to paint the bumper and that it had to much damage which to me made no sense because he was the one to agree to paint it in the first place. Nowww today is when I got it back august 18 so overall a month and half I never got any calls from the shop had to literally go there myself every week to figure out what the issue was .. one week they said they couldn't find the rim that was hit in the accident, the next week it was the door and on and on kept delaying the process to fix my car finally all the part are in and my bumper can't be painted and when I ask for a partial off the insurance money they think it's an issue and it isn't fair ... what isn't fair is the fact that I sat here for a month and half waiting for my car and couldn't get what you promised and upon driving my car out the body shop there's three lights on the dash that weren't there and now I have to sit here while they reset my light ... this shop does amazing work I can't lie however they lack communication and did not keep there word what bothers me the most is after all this they couldn't come to a fair agreement to make me walk out happy instead I'm here stressing about my car and have more issues then when I dropped it off ... I don't recommend this shop and know for sure that I will never step foot in it again well until my lights issues solved ... I had brake lights , abs and traction control lights all on when I went to drive it home ... prior to the accident none of these lights were on.. a month and half later leastbyou can do is make sure the customer goes home satisfied you made a promise and took your word back because you fell off schedule you promised me my car would be done in 2/3 weeks !!!!! Took you guys 7 weeks to complete my car and on top of that took your word back about the back bumper being painted over and tried to give me a oil change and thought I'd be satisfied and on top of that I have lights on the dash that were never there i am veryyyyyyyyy upset wowwwwwwwww now I have to come revise my review I'm not even going home with my car today they need it to reset the lights and figure out why there's 3 new lights....... this shops a joke I swear 7 weeks later and I'm back in the rental car I don't even want my car anymore I swear I hate this place
Service Date: 08/18/2018
Review Created: 08/18/2017 02:32 PM
Mark T. on 04/20/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Great Service"
Friendly , professional staff. They handled all aspects of repair and dealing with insurance company. Quality of body work repair was exceptional. I was given periodic updates on the status of my repair. They are not jyst a body shop ...they also do all types of auto repair . I would recommend this shop without reservation.
Service Date: 04/17/2017
Review Created: 04/20/2017 05:24 PM
Brian B. on 05/20/2016
Brian said his experience was good.
Vehicle: Subaru Baja
Service Date: 05/10/2016
Review Created: 05/20/2016
Matt O. on 05/18/2016
Matt said everything went well at the business. They were finished within the hour and the outcome was good.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 05/12/2016
Review Created: 05/18/2016
AARON L. on 05/12/2016
"Rust check"
I am s recent customer. Great product and great customer service.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 05/10/2016
Review Created: 05/12/2016 08:37 PM
Suzanne D. on 05/06/2016
Suzanne said she has known the business for over 14 years and the office staff made everything run smoothly. The undercoat on her vehicle was superior.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 04/26/2016
Review Created: 05/06/2016
Art W. on 05/04/2016
Spoke with Angela. She said they did what she asked them to do.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 04/28/2016
Review Created: 05/04/2016
Alvar V. on 05/02/2016
Spoke with Kay. She said nothing was wrong with the vehicle when they took it to this business and get it checked out. The service work was done quickly. Everyone was very polite and kind. She had a good experience.
Vehicle: Dodge Ram Wagon
Catherine K. on 05/02/2016
Catherine said she went to another business who wanted $450 and this business wanted $150 for the same service. Everything was fine with the service.
Edward M. on 05/02/2016
Edward said they did an excellent job.
Vehicle: Kia Optima
Service Date: 04/20/2016
JEROME D. on 04/27/2016
"rust check"
very profesional, excellent customer service
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 04/25/2016
Review Created: 04/27/2016 12:05 PM
KEVIN M. on 04/26/2016
"Quality, Quick & Friendly"
I had my oil changed and tires rotated. The work was done quickly and at a fair price. My fiancé brings her car to Rudy Schmid and I am now a customer. Friendly staff makes pick up & drop off a breeze. Highly recommend.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
In and out quickly.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Review Created: 04/22/2016 02:42 AM
ALEX M. on 04/19/2016
"Friendly service, good workmanship"
Despite car care being annoying, I leave Rudy Schmid feeling good about my experience- both service and quality
Vehicle: BMW 530xi
Service Date: 04/14/2016
Review Created: 04/19/2016 07:09 AM
CHRISTOPHER D. on 04/18/2016
"Amazing response. Amazing service"
I took a week to get a quote to the business and they were very timely with their response. They really wanted to help me but where also patient with me. I would definitely return for this amazing service!
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 04/15/2016
Review Created: 04/18/2016 08:21 PM
Karen B. on 04/16/2016
Karen said the business does good work and they are honest.
Service Date: 04/13/2016
Review Created: 04/16/2016
Josef B. on 04/13/2016
Josef said he was very happy with the business and he recommends them to all of his friends.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Review Created: 04/13/2016
JOHN D. on 04/12/2016
"Customer service"
Great job
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Review Created: 04/12/2016 02:19 PM
Michael G. on 04/11/2016
Spoke with Kate. She said everything is fine with this business.
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Eclipse
Review Created: 04/11/2016
Tom S. on 04/11/2016
Tom said the prices at this business are way too high and he will never go there again. He usually pays $40 for an alignment but was charged $90 at this business.
Service Date: 03/23/2016