DANIEL C. on 02/01/2016
"Undisclosed charges"
If they said we are going to charge you $95 for a diagnostic, I would have said no thanks!
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 01/29/2016
Review Created: 02/01/2016 11:28 AM
Patrick M. on 12/18/2015
Patrick said this business did not work on his vehicle for three days. He had an agreement with the owner and the owner did not hold up his end of the bargain but he did not specify what that was.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Blazer
Category: Service
Service Date: 12/10/2015
Review Created: 12/18/2015
MATT R. on 07/29/2015
"NOT what I was expecting"
WAY overpriced. I got charged $730 dollars for them to take remove transmission, put a little bearing in and put the transmission back in. and it STILL didnt fix the problem, and for them to tell me "we basically just took a lot of money from you for no reason" REAL profession! I took my car to Excel Automotive, and they were SO much better and much more professional. I was only charged 200 bucks to have my trans taken out AGAIN, fix some other parts needed to be replaced in the trans and give it back to me, I will NEVER recommend Rx automotive to anybody!!
Vehicle: Dodge SRT-4
Service Date: 07/09/2015
Review Created: 07/29/2015 11:34 AM
LES S. at Rx Automotive responded on 08/11/2015

Matt in response to your review RX values your business, we have tried to contact you multiple times to try and resolve your complaint. We replaced the throw out bearing that you instructed us to do, both Diego and myself told you the noise was internal and would have to disassemble the transmission to find the cause. Per are conversation you told me that on line everybody said its the throw out bearing, And I told you yes in some cases but I personally listened to the noise and suggested to take apart and you wanted to try replacing the throw out bearing. Regards Les Santeler

BILL K. on 04/10/2015
"Stay Away!"
My daughter to her Acura in to RXautomotive due to an idling problem. The vehicle was (and continues to ) idle rough. A friend had told me it may be the air control valve? What do I know? So we took it into this shop for repairs and notated the air control valve. Rxautomotive was recommended to me from a networking group I belong to. What a disappointment. A rather expensive disappointment. $400 later the car is still doing the same thing. No improvement. The idol continues to be rough. The car continues to stall on my daughter. It is running it exactly as it was before she took it into them. But now she is out $400+. I would not recommend them. There is no documentation they even look at the air control valve. Rx Automotive appears to be just like Firestone, Goodyear and others more interested in "up selling" than making effective repairs.
Vehicle: Acura Integra
Service Date: 04/08/2015
Review Created: 04/10/2015 11:32 AM
LES S. at Rx Automotive responded on 04/23/2015

I'm so sorry your last visit didn't meet your expectations. Customer service is #1 at our shop. We did try to contact you. We will work diligently to resolve this matter. I'm glad we were finally able to connect with you. If anything else is needed feel free to contact us. 630-443-8500

Robert J. on 03/11/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Disappointed. My uncle took his Mercedes there, they said they'd fix it. They changed their minds without notice. "
I thought this was a nice place, my
Uncle was so excited to find a ace so highly rated. He was given a quote to fix his Mercedes, scheduled the appt. had a rental car meet him at the scheduled time, and they crawfished on their promise to fix his car. They said they can't door because it's not worth it for them Tobit the Mercedes tool. Claimed thwt tried calling him. They didn't. Disappointed.
Service Date: 03/11/2014
Review Created: 03/11/2014 10:03 PM
LES S. at Rx Automotive responded on 03/12/2014

I am very sorry for the confusion when Robert talked to Ed about the timing chain replacement he did not know that we do not have the tools for that car, I was on vacation, Ed advised me on tuesday I tryed to call Robert but we had the wrong phone number, Mercedes has a class action lawsuit against them on this issue so I told robert to call Mercedes to see if they could do under warranty. Again I am truly sorry for the inconvience regards Les Santeler

TONY R. on 07/22/2013
"my last visit"
I was upset that I waited 1 1/2 hrs to get a diagnostic check on my car which cost me $90...which I thought the $90 would be taken off after agreeing to have the ignition coil replaced...and to have 2 lights (my license plate and brake light) replaced and had to pay $14 labor for that when I could have taken it to an auto parts store and they would have done it free...so YES I am a little disappointed, to say the least. Especially after spending 3300$ the month before to have my transmission replaced.
Vehicle: Saab 9-5
Service Date: 07/13/2013
Review Created: 07/22/2013 10:59 AM
LES S. at Rx Automotive responded on 07/22/2013
Tony I'm sorry your car have had issues I try and do what I can to be fair, my labor rate is under the industries standard. It took us 1 1/2 hours to properly diagnose your car, that is why there is a diagnostic charge. The labor of 7.00 to replace each bulb is a very fair labor charge. Unfortunately vehicles break down and I'm sorry you feel as we charged you too much to properly repair your vehicle. If there is anything I can do let me know Sincerely Les Santeler