Smith Kia of Bellingham

Paula J. on 12/15/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Best car Purchase experience ever!"
My husband and I have bought several cars and this by far was our best experience. Jason Nielsen the salesman was knowledgeable, listened to our needs, and worked hard to find us the car that matched our price point and needs. We love our new sorrento and highly recommend asking for Jason if you want a stress free car buying experience.
Service Date: 12/14/2016
Review Created: 12/15/2016 03:36 PM
Randy C. on 11/17/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"I was swindled and do not recommend this place"
I purchased a new 2016 Sorento. On delivery, it had almost 3,000 miles on it with a bad gouge in the paint and interior carpet defects. Clearly it had been used and thrashed before I received. I have the vehicle in the dealership trying to correct the transmission shifting problem. Finally found a recall that wasn't done on my fourth visit. Transmission shifts 75% better but is not perfect and there is a whine in the transmission also. I feel that I was swindled, and taken advantage of. This is my second junk Sorento.
Sales Date: 11/30/2015
Review Created: 11/17/2015 02:12 PM
Phil D. on 10/21/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"After test drive, almost first question, "What is your price range?""
Test drove a car with Salesman Tim. When we were through he basically wanted to know how much money we had to work with. (I already knew the inflated price on the window.) He wouldn't give out any possible pricing.
He called the next day and I asked for his "take-it-or-leave-it" price. He still wanted to know what I would be willing to may. Said I wasn't into playing games or having him waste my time driving 28 miles to sit at his desk..."What is your price?" Still wouldn't say.
I kept pushing for his best price...kept saying he needed my price. Asked if I had checked Kelly Blue Book and I told him what it said. Finally he said he would check and called back with the price. The price was OK but added the CarFax recommendation of another $1,100.
Definitely felt the sale came first and the customer second. Bought similar car elsewhere next day.
Sales Date: 10/16/2015
Review Created: 10/21/2015 01:30 PM
Leslie T. on 02/06/2015
"I got a new car"
I never had such a great experience. I explained my needs. I did the pre approval on line. When I got there, the vehicles were waiting on me to choose. Great experience
Sales Date: 02/05/2015
Review Created: 02/06/2015 07:55 AM
Rita T. on 11/17/2014
"Stress Free!!!"
These guys were awesome. They made everything so easy. I've bought many cars and I've always left frustrated, but not this time. Everything was clear and easy to understand and they didn't push me to do more than I could. I couldn't be happier! Thanks Adam and Jason and the guys!
Sales Date: 11/03/2014
Review Created: 11/17/2014 06:11 PM
Donald N. on 11/01/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Great Car but pay attention!"
I just bought a car here, and the overall experience was really great.... until a couple days later, when I needed to go over my paperwork. I noticed that the price I agreed on was lower than the price I actually paid. The finance department added an extra $500 to the purchase price and I was too relaxed to notice. I never thought that something like that would happen, so, I didn't look for it. When I brought this up, with Ted, he said I got a good deal and why am I complaining!? I was ripped off for $500!!
Sales Date: 10/25/2014
Review Created: 11/01/2014 12:20 PM
MONICA B. on 02/03/2014
"Great associates!"
Everyone was very friendly. I didn't have to wait long to see Jason, the finance guy, there was no haggling or drama. It was easy and fun. Great experience! Matt the salesman was amazing, and very knowledgable.
Sales Date: 01/30/2014
Review Created: 02/03/2014 05:21 PM
LORI W. on 02/03/2014
"Great Service and Staff"
I want to thank Bobbi and Matt Nichols for all the great service in getting my car. Matt even assisted me in downloading my phone numbers into my Bluetooth. Great service Matt :)
Vehicle: DODGE NITRO
Review Created: 02/03/2014 08:16 AM
SHARON M. on 02/02/2014
"Knowledgeable Friend"
We visited Kia dealership twice and both times our salesman, Ted treated us as a knowledgeable friend, NOT as a salesman. We trusted him immediately, not a value given to most sales people....
Sales Date: 01/26/2014
Review Created: 02/02/2014 03:59 PM
MATT B. on 01/31/2014
"From start to finish a complete expierence!"
I was skeptical with my credit that I was going to be able to be financed at an acceptable price and rate and the Smith Kia dealership went above and beyond y expectations. Not only did they listen to me and what I wanted they also went to battle for me on price. Who knew that a car dealership actually cared about getting you the best deal. I reccommend this dealership and the sales staff to any and all who read this review. Ted was y salesman and Adam was amazing as a helpful guide to the process. I will be buying a Kia from my friends again in the future and I reccommend that you do not miss stopping at Smith Kia of Bellingham in route to your next car purchase.
Vehicle: KIA FORTE
Sales Date: 01/24/2014
Review Created: 01/31/2014 08:10 PM
LYNNE R. on 01/31/2014
"Average"
Not the same service dept. without Jerry
Vehicle: KIA FORTE
Service Date: 01/30/2014
Review Created: 01/31/2014 04:41 PM
LORI N. on 01/31/2014
"Another great experience"
Came in for a routine oil change and was reminded that I needed a periodic service. They were able to accommodate the additional work, cheerfully and quickly!
Vehicle: KIA OPTIMA
Service Date: 01/30/2014
Review Created: 01/31/2014 04:18 PM
THOMAS O. on 01/30/2014
"Consistent Service and personal Recognition"
Simple pre-paid 20,000 mile oil change this
visit.....your waiting room is pleasant.
Vehicle: KIA OPTIMA
Review Created: 01/30/2014 10:40 PM
NANCY F. on 01/30/2014
"Service"
I have always experienced good service, first from the salesman who sold me the car and the rest of the sales team and then from the service department.
Vehicle: KIA SPORTAGE
great service
Service Date: 01/16/2014
Review Created: 01/27/2014 07:28 AM
MIRACLE M. on 01/23/2014
"Great friendly service staff"
Love all the people in the service dept. They do an awesome job! =)
Vehicle: NISSAN TITAN
Service Date: 01/21/2014
Review Created: 01/23/2014 07:36 AM
ANDREW T. on 01/22/2014
"Quick, easy, friendly"
The prepaid service is a great benefit. I only wish there were longer or weekend hours for the service dept.
Service Date: 01/14/2014
Review Created: 01/22/2014 08:17 AM
GWEN W. on 01/20/2014
"Normally good service but not this time"
I went for oil change. After half an hour they came out and recommended a 30,000 service pkg which I agreed to. I asked and was told it would take an hour longer. My visit took 3 1/2 hours. Watched the person ahead of me receive her washed car. She took out her own shammy and dried her own car while there were many employees wandering around the dealership who appeared to me to have nothing better to do. I will not recommend your dealership or go there myself if I get this lousy service again.
Service Date: 01/16/2014
Review Created: 01/20/2014 11:28 AM
LEE H. on 01/18/2014
"Take personal care of you and the car"
I recommend Kia ALL the time - great company, great cars!
Service Date: 01/15/2014