Overall Rating 3.5/5Overall Rating 3.5/5Overall Rating 3.5/5rating 3.5rating 3.5
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Review for Eastport Shell
John D. on 03/20/2014
"Local and convenient"
I've had good service here before, so decided to try an oil change. After picking up my car, I discovered tools in the back seat as well as black grime all over the seats. I returned the next day and they cleaned up the mess, but it was time consuming and annoying, especially since they had my car for the entire day.
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 03/18/2014
Review Created: 03/20/2014 03:14 PM
bud e. at Eastport Shell responded on 03/22/2014

We are sorry this Customer feels this way as we strive for perfection and sometimes fall short, as in when we left two small screw drivers in the Customer's car.  This was more than a simple oil change as it also involved replacing the center high mount brake light bulb on this car.  There are two approaches to doing that job, one which many shops take is to cut out a part of the sound proofing material the factory installed, to remove the high mount fitting in a unprofesional fashion, bending just enough, and leaving the remounted housing a little bit loose "for next time" - The other more profesional approach that we took was to remove the entire back package panel so as to be able to remmove the high mount housing the way the factory intended it to be done.  In the process some seat panels were moved and a doggie blanket was moved to do that.  The technician noticed the dirt on the seat when he took the towel off, however when the Customer called the next day complaing about "oil all over the seat" we told her to drop on by and we would make it right.  The tech went out to the car with proper solvent to remove reported oil stains and found nothing but a smudge of dirt, most probably made by a dog.  Not our fault but he cleaned it up nicely anyway.  All three times that we have lost a Customer like this has made us feel bad, however we are very proud of our loyal Customer base that trusts us with their top end luxury cars.