Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5rating 3.6666667rating 3.6666667
Overall Rating 1.6666667/5rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667
Review for Eastport Shell
Jennifer M. on 09/02/2014
"Poor customer service."
I am very disappointed by the customer service I received from Sovereign Motorcars at Eastport Shell. These mechanics came highly recommended and are at a great location for the downtown business community. I used their services for an annual safety inspection.

The following are reasons why I will not use their services again. First, I was given a three hour estimate for the initial inspection. After three and a half hours, I called their office having heard nothing. The person at the front desk knew little about my vehicle except the inspection was completed but the paperwork was not. Only one person in the office was trained to complete the paperwork and that one person had just left for an hour break. I ended up waiting at the mechanic shop for over an hour hoping my presence would speed up the process. While there I learned that my car inspection had been completed well before the paperwork person had left for the hour, meaning he actively chose to leave my paperwork unfinished.

Second, when I did finally receive my inspection certificate, they had entered my VIN number incorrectly. This fact I learned unfortunately when I already had arrived at MVA for my vehicle registration.

I understand mistakes happen- however, what upset me the most was I felt like an undervalued and forgettable customer. I had hoped such a small mechanic shop would have a been more personable.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 08/08/2014
Review Created: 09/02/2014 08:18 AM
bud e. at Eastport Shell responded on 09/25/2014

We too were very disapointed with the service we provided to Jennifer M. on this visit.  We are embarassed to admit that we have an issue with our Maryland Inspection Service being provided at this moment in time and we are aggresively pursueing a solution through current employee counseling as well as a recruiting effort.  We are hoping this valued Customer will accept the special offer we made to her to bring her back for a future service.
bud e.