Spruce Street Auto & 4x4 Center

Overall Rating 2.3333333/5Overall Rating 2.3333333/5rating 2.3333333rating 2.3333333rating 2.3333333
Benjamin C. on 04/22/2016
"Unsatisfactory work, vehicle in shop for over a month - no apology given"
From January-April 2016 I ended up spending nearly $6,000 on work from Spruce Street Auto and 4x4.

After my second visit to the shop, I would not recommend it in the future. The shop had my truck in their possession for over a month. They failed to offer an acceptable explanation as to why the work was taking so long, and offered no sort of apology. Their leisurely approach to fixing my vehicle caused an immense amount of strife in my life, and even delayed me from moving across the country by several weeks.

Not to mention that both times I picked up my vehicle from the shop another component failed within hours. After my first visit where they repaired an intake manifold gasket, the head gasket blew within 5 miles. After my second visit where the head gasket was repaired($4,000 and 5 weeks later) the tensioner assembly failed just hours later.

Maybe this shop is decent for brake jobs and other low tier work, but I certainly would not recommend it as the "True alternative to the dealer" they claim on the website.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 04/11/2016
Review Created: 04/22/2016 02:38 PM
Jeff M. at Spruce Street Auto & 4x4 Center responded on 04/22/2016

I'm very sorry that our work took longer than we originally anticipated, Ben. Our time estimates are based on a lot of different factors, and we very rarely have to push back on jobs like these. I'm sorry you had to catch us in such a rare moment. Also, while we perform the best possibly work we can, there's no telling how the car will react to the job once it hits the road, especially if you're travelling across the country. Unforeseeable condition factors can make it possible for repairs to be compromised once they hit the road. We're sorry to hear this was the case for your car, but we're glad to hear you still made it safely to your destination. Take care. -Jeff, Owner.

Jeff McKinny
Owner
303-444-1176
Michael H. on 11/04/2015
"Timing belt retry"
After a timing belt replacement, I had to return to the shop 3 times. The first two because of check engine lights coming on shortly after leaving the shop. Supposedly the recommended settings on the timing belt were different than what Toyota recommends. They made adjustments 2 times, and the check engine stayed off for a week. Then, while I was driving on the highway, my car lost 80% of its power. The engine vibrated, and then finally stopped. I had to get it towed back into Spruce Street auto. They said that the cam had jumped 4 teeth. Could this have harmed my engine? I don't know.

However, my 1 star rating is because it seemed like they couldn't perform a standard timing belt replacement.
Service Date: 09/30/2015
Review Created: 11/04/2015 01:43 PM
Logan R. on 01/24/2015
Logan said he would never use them again. He paid $3,000 to have the vehicle fixed and they said it was. The problems with the vehicle were not fixed. They put in wrong parts and did not see all the problems there were. As a result of this visit, he will not recommend this business for service.
Category: Service
Service Date: 12/15/2014
Review Created: 01/24/2015
Daniel P. ReScore Review on 07/25/2014
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Not good enough"
It takes 5 minutes to hoist a car up and check the differential fluid. I should have gone to Big O tires where they would have checked that for free instead of getting nickle and dimed out of 15$
Service Date: 07/23/2014
Review Created: 07/24/2014 07:55 PM

"Disappointed "
I was charged 15$ to be told my differential fluid was fine. That's a rip, I won't be coming back
Service Date: 07/23/2014
Review Created: 07/24/2014 07:55 PM
Jeff M. at Spruce Street Auto & 4x4 Center responded on 07/25/2014

I am sorry you feel that way but we did put you car up on the hoist and we also had the Mechanics time to pay for.

Jeff McKinny