Rob H. on 04/25/2017
Rob said this business was having a hard time with their phone system and he was having a hard time reaching them. The technician took a long time retrieving his vehicle when it was time to go.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 04/03/2017
Review Created: 04/25/2017
Jason G. on 12/30/2016
Jason said the quality of work was not what he had expected. It could have been better.
Vehicle: Volkswagen GTI
Service Date: 12/27/2016
Review Created: 12/30/2016
John R. on 12/17/2016
John said this business was really quick with the service. John called ahead of time for a price estimate. He expected the price to be a little bit more than the estimate, but when he got his bill it was about four times the estimate and they charged him $130 to look at his vehicle. They did not mention an inspection fee.
Vehicle: Dodge Dakota
Service Date: 12/12/2016
Review Created: 12/17/2016
SCOTT B. on 09/22/2015
"Incredibly Knowledgeable but Lacking "
I took my van there to check the engine codes and have them fix the speedometer cable they installed about a year ago that was installed improperly and ended up ripping out the back of my instrument cluster. I love my van and willingly spend a lot of money on it. I also really like Stephan and feel he has made good changes to his company in the past year or two. However, I am continually disappointed. They keep the van for weeks at a time (after scheduling the appointment a week or more in advance) which I'm OK with as it is a 2nd vehicle but when I pick it up I'd like to know it is repaired professionally, that someone has QC'd the work and confirmed that it is done and done correctly. After doing what is probably less than half a days work and having the van for 2 weeks I pick it up and immediately notice they reassembled the instrument cluster incorrectly. They corrected it immediately as I waited and I appreciate that but it makes me worry about the work they do that I cannot see. What corners were cut and what was not reassembled correctly. Each time I take it home I spend an hour or two going over it to make sure it was all reassembled correctly. On this last trip, after finding and getting the instrument cluster reassembled correctly I noticed my auxiliary battery was absolutely dead. I have a manual switch to charge it that is not obvious but there was no reason for the battery to be dead. As I charged it I heard the water pump turn on and discovered that the water faucet was on and had drained the water tank and eventually drained the battery. So presumably the water pump ran dry for hours (shortening the life of both the pump and the battery) until the battery went dead. They were not working on the water system and there was no reason to turn on the faucet. I figured it out, refilled the water tank, charged the battery and turned off the faucet but why was it even on to begin with when they we not working on that system? I have not seen this exact issue in the past when leaving the van with them but these were two issues that should not have occurred. It is typical that I spend time reviewing their work and either repairing their fix or taking it back to have the work redone. I would gladly pay more to have the work done right the first time. I do not argue over money with them and have told them that I'd prefer to not just swap out a bad part but fix or rehab each part that broken part touches. I'm in this van for the long haul. Charge me more, keep it longer if necessary but give me exceptional service and don't just do the minimum and swap out a part. I've tried other shops and the experience is similar. I like Stephan and I like the people that work there. I've spent $30,000 rehabing this van in the last 1.5 years and there is a lot more to do. I'd love to find a place to take it where the culture it not just to swap out a part but treat it holistically and be a partner in the rehabilitation of the van. Would I recommend them? Well I would tell them the full story. Unfortunately, there is not much of a choice or not one that I've found yet.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Vanagon