Diane B. on 07/23/2017
"Not happy"
My last 2 oil changes the air hose was left unattached. The first time I had gotten at least 10 miles away from the place, car kept hesitating and warning lights came on. Had to return during rush hour and they were like oops, sorry. Well the same thing happened again this visit, only I returned as soon as the vehicle hesitated. Same problem, and w the guy wasn't sure why anyone would have touched that. This wasn't any issue ever except in those 2 visits. Doubt I'll go back and I had been going there the last 2-3 years or so.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 07/21/2017
Review Created: 07/23/2017 05:22 AM
Ron B. at Sundance Automotive Repair responded on 07/24/2017

I have discussed this issue with my technicians, thank you for bringing this to my attention.  I have no explanation for why this is intake hose comes off it is totaly unrelated to the oil change procedure.  If you should continue to do service here we have made a note in the file to double check this hose connection before we release the vehicle.  Again, I appoligize for this problem.  Ron

Monty JR. R. on 03/24/2017
"1998 suburban visit 3/21 - 22"
Frustrated and dissatisfied. Plain and simple, the vehicle needed two things done, one idiot light for ABS was on and the rear climate controls was not putting out heat. ABS light was due to a sensor and required a new hub to repair, heating (common diagnosis) needed a new thermostat, okay I am good with this. However I got news that there were a handful of other items, this is frustrating. I have brought this vehicle to sundance when I purchased it and continued to do so. The first visit was the new vehicle inspection, there were some minor issue that did not get addressed but as Mike said it really did not need to be. Another visit was due to something that I did while trying do some add on to the vehicle and I asked if some additional add on work could be done. That work did not get done and the original work that was requested was not done correctly. A few months ago or even call it a year ago I had the vehicle tuned up and the brakes done, not much else was reported as having issues. Now after this visit I have 3,000 dollars worth of leaks and failing parts, WTH? I get it, there will be some wear and tear or failing parts but to have this much in less than a year, very frustrating. So back to this past visit and the rear climate controls with no heat working... IT'S STILL BROKE ! Obviously no one bothered to check this or maybe they did not know how to check , I am not sure but I am not happy and at this point I have formulated that this shop cannot handle multiple issues at once and someone there needs to have diagrams , blueprints and interpreters to understand what we the clients are trying to relay as to what the problem is. As well it is obvious that guys at the desk and whomever else, does not have a process of checking the work that was done to assure that the job was completed properly. I did make an attempt to call and speak to Ron but the shop was busy and I as well needed to get to work to pay for this past bill of 750 bucks. In the future if I do business here it will be for minor issues that entry level mechanics can handle like oil changes.
Vehicle: GMC Suburban
Service Date: 03/22/2017
Review Created: 03/24/2017 06:55 AM
Ron B. at Sundance Automotive Repair responded on 03/24/2017

Dear Monty,

Thank you for the review.  First, as you know all our work has a 2 year 24-month nationwide warranty.  It seems that we have not effected a good repair.  We quality test all our completed work and felt that we were getting sufficient heat in the rear cab.  Please call and let’s discuss a time to get the vehicle back in.  I will address the issue immediately.  I have looked at the pre-purchase inspection we did on the vehicle in July of 2015 some of these items discussed at this visit were also noted on the pre-purchase some were not.    You have been a very faithful supporter of Sundance for many years.  I deeply regret that your last visit did not meet your expectations

Ron Birely

Ken I. on 10/03/2016
"You need more help. Maybe good mechanics are in short supply and that's a shame."
I've been a customer there for many years now and this visit was a low point. It took 4 hours to get the brakes checked and a wheel stud installed for 80 dollars. Do you think that's a good value ?
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 09/30/2016
Review Created: 10/03/2016 06:30 PM
Ron B. at Sundance Automotive Repair responded on 10/25/2016

Dear Ken,

We have done business a long time, and I am sorry that this visit to Sundance did not meet your expectations.  But, as you are aware the problem was not our technical expertise.  We had a very difficult time getting the correct parts. We had three different deliveries attempting to get the correct parts for your vehicle.  We have discussed the problem with our supplier.  I assure you we are not any happier about this problem then you are. We wish you the very best in your future repair needs.

Ron

Don B. on 10/28/2015
"Ripped my wife off!!!"
Over charged my wife for a battery. Then tried to tell her she needed an alternator.
Vehicle: GMC Acadia