Sunset Trucks

Latest Review over 1 year ago

SJ C. on 03/30/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Terrible, worst experience ever"
I went to purchase 350z 2006 convertible from this place and boy it was the most terrible choice I have made.

Let me start off with this. Everyone that I have talk to (sales dudes) "Oh yea it is nice car it has nishi wheels which is 3000 dollars (I researched it it was 150 per wheel..) it is very nice car and the top works fine" However the convertible top was not working, visor was broken and the wheels were 600 from internet not 3000.
Second, once you do not have any money as down payment you would not get any type of deals unless you start flashing some stacks of your hard earned money.

The 350z that they were offering was 15800 plus tax, which is close to 17300 I have put down 3000 dollars which it brings it down to 14300.

After they have agreed upon that price, then you now have to go through the finance manager (his name was Matt Vuchetich). Matt seemed nice guy until he start playing with numbers.

He has stated to both my wife and I that it would be hard to get a car loan through any bank with only 14800 dollars amount. So he suggested to get warranty that can fix any electronic problems....after 30 minutes of him pushing he has stated "Well the car is 10 years old I would hate to see you guys leave this place and have problems afterwards....I have agreed but it did occur to me...didnt they told me the car is in good shape? Beside the broken visor and convertible top?

I was feeling bit uncomfortable however my wife who was in need of car and wanting to get this 350z it was her dream to drive this vehicle...

We left the place with all the documents signed.
After that Matt who initally have informed us with our credit he can do 10% APR has dropped some where down to 3.5 or 4.5%
Again perhaps due to my 3000 dollar payment and top of that selling me 4 years warranty the company has made their money enough for me to drop the APR down.

Due to the top being fixed we didnt get the car until a week later...when we finally got the car, yup the top was all fixed but the top had a hole...
*sigh* I was beyond pissed....
Third, we had problem on tire sensor and also the stereo...after 16 days. Obviously this is the future of what Matt have stated...electronic problems...but this is when it gets interesting.
When my wife went to the service department to get it fixed, they charged her 136 dollars for diagnose and told her that these are not covered under the warranty.

WTF?!?!?!

Ladies and Gents...I believe as middle class, we work 50-80 hours a week and when you finally have earned your blood sweating money to purchase your dream car....you have these unethical business minded people who do not give a crap of your time and money.

They squeeze, deceive and convince you to spend as much as you can and promise everything.
However when the time comes they do not take care of you.

Please do your self a favor and do not purchase ANY WARRANTY!
Salesmen are your first round to fight with price negotiation afterwards you have to do another round with Matt the finance guy.

I was informed by my friend who is the GM over at Doug's Hyundai and after I have told him everything, he said I can take this to attorney and go through all the papers and can make this in to my favors.

I have all the records and datas that I can leverage on and I plan to take action. I hope everyone can purchase dream car and not experience what I have gone through.
Service Date: 03/29/2016
Review Created: 03/30/2016 12:32 AM
STEVEN D. on 02/13/2016
"They were very willing to work with us in finding what we wanted......and they made it affordable......"
I would recommend Sunset Trucks for anyone looking for a vehicle.... the extended warranty is the best anywhere...
Vehicle: NISSAN ROGUE
Sales Date: 01/27/2016
Review Created: 02/13/2016 09:55 AM
JOSEPH S. on 02/09/2016
"Justin and Jason were Great!!!"
Traded in two vehicles and drove away in two great vehicles with the drivetrain Warranty Protection for Life and a 7-year/100k mile bumper to bumper warranty. We are set for the next seven years. No car worries. Thanks Justin and Jason...and Sunset Chev!
Vehicle: HONDA CR-V
Sales Date: 01/31/2016
Review Created: 02/09/2016 12:26 PM
JAMES S. on 02/06/2016
"Chevy Cruze."
Great people to work with.
Vehicle: CHEVROLET CRUZE LIMITED
Sales Date: 01/31/2016
Review Created: 02/06/2016 04:28 PM
RICHARD B. on 02/04/2016
"No pressure sales"
You can look and drive vehicles without someone giving a sales pitch. People are polite and knowledgeable. Relaxed atmosphere.
Vehicle: CHEVROLET COLORADO
Sales Date: 01/29/2016
Review Created: 02/04/2016 06:45 PM
DARLENE G. on 02/04/2016
"Great people "
Friendly easy to talk to
Vehicle: FOREST RIVER PRTIME LACROSSE
Sales Date: 01/22/2016
Review Created: 01/31/2016 04:13 PM
ALYSSA L. on 01/18/2016
"Good customer service "
The sales representative were really nice and friendly. The helped pick out a car that I really wanted.
Vehicle: CHEVROLET CRUZE LIMITED
Bought @ Fife, WA
Service Date: 01/09/2016
Review Created: 01/15/2016 04:32 PM
ROSE M. on 01/15/2016
"Our sales person (Mark Thompson) "
Knowledge of all Travel Trailers & Helpful with all our needs including the Numbers for Finances
Vehicle: KEYSTONE COUGAR
Sales Date: 01/09/2016
Review Created: 01/15/2016 04:25 PM
DANIEL B. on 01/11/2016
"Sunset's salesman worked hard!"
Stacy O worked really hard to find us the vehicle we really wanted at the payments we desired. We viewed multiple vehicles at multiple yards and ended up driving away with a 2013 Silverado that was everything we wanted and more! Thanks Stacy!
Review Created: 01/11/2016 05:15 PM
IRIS M. on 01/10/2016
"The people"
Feel my best interest was important
Vehicle: CHEVROLET CRUZE
Sales Date: 12/30/2015
Review Created: 01/10/2016 10:17 PM
PAUL S. on 01/10/2016
"Purchasing Feedback"
Justin Eide was extremely helpful and made my purchasing experience enjoyable and not pressured. He was very knowledgeable about the 2015 Silverado truck I was purchasing. He also assisted me in setting up my On-star account and going over all the options the truck had. Sunset Chevrolet is lucky to have him on there team. He is an outstanding salesman. I will definitely buy from Sunset again in the future. Thank you for all your dealership staff did to make my purchase pleasant.
Sales Date: 01/02/2016
Sales Date: 01/02/2016
Review Created: 01/10/2016 04:20 PM
MICHAEL F. on 01/09/2016
"Good customer service"
He came in on his day off to meet with us. He took his time and we didn't feel rushed or pressured. We have already recommended the dealership and Shawn to a few of our friends and family members.
Vehicle: CHEVROLET TRAVERSE
Review Created: 01/09/2016 11:04 AM
MICHAEL C. on 01/08/2016
"2015 chevrolet silverado ltz standard bed"
We started out not knowing each other. By the end of the whole experience, we were like family. They went above and beyond to earn our business.
Review Created: 01/08/2016 05:17 PM
WILLIAM M. on 01/08/2016
"Marvelous experience "
On January 1, 2016 we called and talked to Sean and asked about a Ford Escape we wanted to test drive. When we arrived there at the dealership, much to our astonishment the Ford Escape we wanted to test drive had been washed and was read for us to test drive. After the test drive we decided to purchase the Escape. Sean and the sales staff did a great job walking us through the buying and finance process. It took about 3 hours for the entire process and we drove our Escape that afternoon. The staff at Sunset Trucks are professional, knowledgeable and courteous. It was a pleasure doing business with them and the next time I’m looking for a car/truck, I’ll start my search with the professionals at Sunset Tucks.
Vehicle: FORD ESCAPE
Review Created: 01/08/2016 07:59 AM
JAMES C. on 01/07/2016
"Friendly staff and good customer relations. The whole auto sale experience is always stressful. "
Justin helped make the auto purchase experience to be a little less stressful. He went above and beyond to help us make a purchase from 140 miles away. There are soooo many choices on vehicles that it's a bit overwhelming! We are still in the early stages of learning all the electronics and wish we were closer so we could come by for more instructions! We did have one Tahoe sold out from underneath us after a sold sign was put in it. I think this is the nature of the auto sales industry. At least we didn't have to play a lot of games with him having to go to his boss yadda yadda yadda. It was a smoother and more professional approach. Thank you!!
Vehicle: CHEVROLET TAHOE
Sales Date: 12/29/2015
Review Created: 01/07/2016 05:13 PM
JAMES L. on 11/26/2015
"They take customer service to the next level"
Good integrity and very fair on trade values.
Vehicle: FORD F-150