Superior Auto Repair

Rick C. on 05/21/2017
"great service and always on time "
Superior always goes the extra mile to give great service and give the customer easy confidence in work performed !!!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Service Date: 05/19/2017
Review Created: 05/21/2017 06:16 AM
Mike T. at Superior Auto Repair responded on 05/23/2017

We're humbled by the confidence you demonstrate as a valued customer of Superior for 6+ years.  Thank you for your continued patronage and new customer referrals.  We are appreciative more than simple words can express.

Robert V. on 05/19/2017
"Service "
Very friendly people and great service at a very reasonable price.
Vehicle: Jaguar X-Type
Service Date: 05/18/2017
Review Created: 05/19/2017 06:33 AM
Mike T. at Superior Auto Repair responded on 05/23/2017

Awesome to hear that we met or exceeded your service and price expectations.  Thank your for the opportunity and we look forward to assisting you with your future vehicle care needs.

Cindy B. on 05/19/2017
"Another visit"
Always a pleasure to get my truck serviced. Beautiful new building and the same great staff. Thanks you Mike and Brian.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra
Service Date: 05/18/2017
Review Created: 05/19/2017 04:14 AM
Mike T. at Superior Auto Repair responded on 05/23/2017

We always enjoy when your with us for your vehicle service.  Nice to hear that customers enjoy our new building as much as we do.
Thank you!!!

Ray P. on 05/18/2017
"Top Quality, Professional, Courteous & Thorough = Peace of mind. "
I am sure that Mike did not get an MBA from Harvard Business School but he could TEACH students how to run a successful business because he just has the natural instincts to do so. He and his wife have found the keys to making Superior Auto, the premier Auto Repair in the Manatee/Sarasota area. They have surrounded themselves with QUALITY ASSOCIATES, Trained them to be thorough, precise AND customer friendly. They are priced fairly . They keep their new facility clean as a whistle and have the latest in technology and equipment to provide for timely and accurate service. He does not sit back in his office looking like a business executive, he puts himself in a "hands on" leadership role, making sure that everyone is doing their job and each vehicle is returned to each customer completed on time and to the owners satisfaction. He understands that if you get it right the first time, the only reason to return to his business is to have something new worked on instead of having to waste his time and the customer's time, re-doing what was supposed to have been done already. Brian (Service Advisor) has excellent communication skills and provides excellent feedback from the Technicians to the customer. If he does not know the answer, he does not make something up and use mumbo jumbo shop talk, just to make a sale he actually goes directly back to the mechanic and or Mike to get accurate info so that the customer actually can make an educated decision based on the facts. If I leave a message for Brian,
he WILL get back to me (you do not have to call HIM back). I do not like spending big $$$ on car repair any more than the next guy
but if I understand what I am spending it for, and it is done right THE FIRST TIME , in the time it was promised, I am a satisfied customer that will keep coming back. Thanks to the Superior Team for being there and doing things the RIGHT WAY!
Vehicle: Cadillac CTS
Service Date: 05/17/2017
Review Created: 05/18/2017 05:34 AM
Mike T. at Superior Auto Repair responded on 05/18/2017

We're in awe of the of your assessment of our service, team and facility.  It is humbling when a valued customer such as you, takes the time to let us know how we're doing.  On behalf of the Thorp family and the entire Superior Team, we thank you for entrusting us with your vehicle needs and honored to be a partner with you to keep your vehicle well maintained and safely on the road.

Robert W. on 05/06/2017
"AC Blower"
I took my car in because the AC blower was non-operational. They charged me $55 labor to tell me that it was not blowing. They also did numerous other inspections that I did not request and then tried to "sell" me on a bunch of repairs totaling over $1,300. All I wanted was my AC blower fixed for which they charged me $72 labor. As far as I am concerned, I was over charged $55 on labor. The personnel were very friendly and courteous but I did not want or appreciate the additional "sales pitch" especially if that is what cost me the additional $55.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 05/05/2017
Review Created: 05/06/2017 04:31 AM
Kayla C. on 05/05/2017
"A scam!!"
They told my husband my van needed $2,400 in repairs and that it was so costly because they had to remove the engine to do it. They also said I needed to replace a part that didn't need to be replaced. After getting a second opinion we realized just how much Superior Auto is in it for the money. My van is getting fixed somewhere else for less than half of what they quoted.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 05/04/2017
Review Created: 05/05/2017 03:13 AM
Michael E. on 05/03/2017
"Consistently great repairs and customer service."
Since they moved, it's a little farther for me to get to, but it's well worth it.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 04/21/2017
Review Created: 05/03/2017 08:52 AM
Mark C. on 04/28/2017
"Well organized operation from top to bottom."
I have for many years recommended Superior Auto to my friends and family.
Great people and great service. Now in a great location.
Vehicle: Ford Expedition
Service Date: 04/27/2017
Review Created: 04/28/2017 03:27 AM
Stephanie B. on 04/23/2017
"Thank you!"
Thank you for fixing my car whenever I have something wrong and for doing preventative work to make sure I'm safe!
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 04/22/2017
Review Created: 04/23/2017 04:19 PM
Gary W. on 04/20/2017
"friendly service"
work done on time, within budget,. Excellent service, Will definetly recommend.
Vehicle: Chrysler Sebring
Service Date: 04/13/2017
Review Created: 04/20/2017 09:19 AM
Chis L. on 04/17/2017
"Great service knowledgeable staff"
Great customer service and the best price out of at least 20 other shops i called
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat
Service Date: 04/14/2017
Review Created: 04/17/2017 02:41 AM
Kristin M. on 04/14/2017
"Great service!"
Quickly and expertly fixed my Dodge Grand Caravan.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 04/14/2017
Review Created: 04/14/2017 09:56 PM
Kevin P. on 04/13/2017
"Honest "
Honest, fast & didn't push any unnecessary repairs!
Vehicle: Audi A5
Service Date: 04/12/2017
Review Created: 04/13/2017 07:46 AM
Scott G. on 04/07/2017
"prompt immediate availability for service needs"
top notch people and service
Vehicle: GMC Yukon
Service Date: 04/06/2017
Review Created: 04/07/2017 07:33 AM
Estelle G. on 04/07/2017
"People"
As always good, honest service.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 04/06/2017
Review Created: 04/07/2017 04:53 AM
Aj B. on 04/04/2017
"Friendly Staff!"
From the time I set up my appointment for a routine oil change, the staff was nothing but friendly. It was easy to schedule the appointment, the availability was what I needed it to be, and once arriving, I was received by another/different staff member. I'm giving 4/5 stars b/c I felt a tad "duped" with the over the phone pricing of the oil change. I knew it would be a bit more expensive as my vehicle needs a synthetic blend/Dexxos (quoted $49.99), and I always know there are small minor fees associated with an oil change (Haz Waste fees, etc.) but then to be charge another $12-15 for labor - basically my oil change cost me $72.xx, which I felt was a bit excessive. Calling around to other "small" auto shops, even Chevrolet dealerships, out the door pricing wasn't as much as here. I guess I'm old school - tell me what I'm paying for the service I requested, the out the door price so there aren't any surprises as my credit card is being swiped. Overall, I thought they were a great place to use and I would go back/call for a quote if I needed work done. I don't think I'd pay $72.xx again for an oil change however.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Equinox
Service Date: 04/01/2017
Review Created: 04/04/2017 08:19 AM
Richard H. on 03/29/2017
"Professional; reasonable; honest"
Very happy with my first experience there.
Vehicle: Honda Fit
Service Date: 03/27/2017
Review Created: 03/29/2017 10:13 AM
Mike T. at Superior Auto Repair responded on 03/29/2017

Awesome to hear that we met your expectations.  We appreciate the opportunity to build a long term relationship assisting eith your vehicle care needs.  Thank you!

Bill S. on 03/28/2017
"Fixed it fast, fixed it right"
I needed a muffler repair. Superior put it on the rack, showed me what the problem was and gave me options on how to fix them. The next day, I brought the car to them and it was fixed in 2 hours. I was satisfied enough that I went back to them when my 2011 Chevy Malibu needed work for a brake issue 3 days later.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 03/25/2017
Review Created: 03/28/2017 11:11 AM
Mike T. at Superior Auto Repair responded on 03/29/2017

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.  We appreciate the trust and confidence you demonstrated by returning with a 2nd vehicle.  Superior Auto Repair is here to assist you with your future vehicle care needs.

Jessica B. on 03/28/2017
"Awesome"
Mike is awesome. He knows his stuff.They always completely check over my car so that I know I am driving a car that is reliable. Trust them completely!
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 03/27/2017
Review Created: 03/28/2017 08:43 AM
Mike T. at Superior Auto Repair responded on 03/29/2017

Always a pleasure to assist you with your vehicle care needs.  Our goal is to provide you with peace of ind that your vehicle is safe and reliable.  Thank you for your trust!

Vernon S. on 03/27/2017
"The people are pleasant to speak with. Very knowledgeable."
I needed a second opinion on my 2006 Audi and Mike took care of that. I was very pleased with how quickly he was able to give me a quote and took my car in to have the repairs done the following week.
Vehicle: Audi A4