The Auto Doc

Latest Review about 2 years ago

Jim H. on 06/12/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Used parts for OEM $$$"
Every hot summer I am reminded of this scam of a shop using junk yard parts (AC compressor) for new $$$.A V8 2dr now has a hair dryer compressor. Vent temp was 55f. Spec is 40f. Owner said screw off weeks after initial repair well within warranty.

On google review he frantically called 2x and said bring it in to fix, I did, he flew down Memorial to get rpms up and temp down, parked it in front, asked me to look at temp gauge as we both watched it climb back above 50f. He took temp gauge, got out and said screw off again.

Dave admits he buys his shady parts from 'a buddy'. Not a business. Not an institution. And reports that he sleeps well on his unethical activity.
Service Date: 06/11/2015
Review Created: 06/12/2015 08:01 AM
KIRK S. on 08/24/2014
"Honest and straight forward"
They keep very good records on each vehicle serviced and can call up a record of the work done with each visit and recommend normal maintenance that needs to be done to avoid the big expensive repair.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Suburban
Service Date: 07/29/2014
Review Created: 08/24/2014 11:14 AM
Teresa B. on 08/20/2014
Teresa said her overall experience at this business was good.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 08/15/2014
Review Created: 08/20/2014
MATT K. on 08/19/2014
"Don't make promises you can't keep"
Took my Honda Civic in after the water pump failed. I received a phone call later that morning stating it would be about $1,000 to fix, but if I approved the work I'd have the car back that afternoon. By 4:30 I hadn't received a call, so I called in myself. I was then informed that they didn't have a part in stock and I couldn't have the car until Monday morning. I was flying out of town early that morning, which meant I had to take an expensive cab ride to the airport and have a friend get the car for me. The excuse given was "we didn't know we didn't have the part in stock", but if that's the case, don't promise you'll have it done the same day.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 08/18/2014
Review Created: 08/19/2014 07:53 PM
Dave S. at The Auto Doc responded on 08/20/2014

Matt, I`m really sorry for fumbling the ball this past Friday. We had parts coming fron the dealer and when they showed up that afternoon we discovered one part was wrong. After scrambling to try to get the right part we realized it wasn`t going to happen. This was not your fault and I`m not trying to make excuses. I would like to offer you 2 free oil changes to help compensate you for your troubles. Again I`m really sorry! Owner Dave

BRIAN S. on 08/19/2014
"Everything is taken care of."
They tell you what you need done and take care of it. You get the same response even if you can't do everything all in one visit.
Vehicle: Saturn SL1
Service Date: 08/12/2014
Review Created: 08/19/2014 07:27 AM
Ninh T. on 08/19/2014
Ninh said this business was okay.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 07/29/2014
Review Created: 08/19/2014
Jake F. on 08/13/2014
Jake said they were prompt, nice to deal with and the service was painless.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 08/08/2014
Review Created: 08/13/2014
DOUG A. on 08/12/2014
"good people"
Quality work, honesty, reasonable price
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 08/08/2014
Review Created: 08/12/2014 10:50 AM
Emily W. on 08/11/2014
Emily said she had a very good experience.
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 08/07/2014
Review Created: 08/11/2014
MANUEL N. on 08/08/2014
"Customer Service "
Very friendly and informative feedback from employees
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 07/31/2014
Review Created: 08/08/2014 08:36 PM
REBECCA G. on 08/05/2014
"Friendly & fast"
Chris and Dave helped me out of a stressful situation. Thanks!
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 08/04/2014
Review Created: 08/05/2014 07:48 PM
Liezlluth R. on 08/05/2014
Liezlluth said they had no waiting area.
Vehicle: Nissan Juke
Service Date: 07/28/2014
Review Created: 08/05/2014
Michael M. on 08/05/2014
Michael said this facility was great.
Vehicle: Infiniti G35
Service Date: 07/28/2014
Review Created: 08/05/2014
TED S. on 08/03/2014
"the diagnosis was on spot, the remedy corrected the fault and analysis of possible future problems."
I have had a death wobble on a 1999 Nissan Pathfinder with 221,000 miles and they were able to correct the problem, identify other issues, outlined the implications and offered.ways to coorect them. Excellent job and in quick time
Vehicle: Nissan Pathfinder
Service Date: 07/31/2014
Review Created: 08/03/2014 08:42 PM
LAUREN P. on 07/23/2014
"Do not trust"
I came in to get my AC checked. First of all they had me come in no later than 3pm even though they are open until 6. I had to take a half day off work. They called me to tell me the car was ready and all I needed was Freon. I came to pick up my car and it took awhile to check out. The guy finally came to the waiting area and told me that they "figured it out" and that I actually needed to have an expansion valve replaced. They told me to come drop off my car the next day as it would take the entire day to fix. I went and got a second opinion and was told that part was working fine. I took my car to the Honda dealer and was also told that they part did NOT need to be replaced. This was a $500 part (not including labor). I am not sure if they do not know what they are doing or if they were just trying to guess what was wrong and sell me something I did not need. At the end of the day they did not fix my car, I wasted an entire afternoon, and almost wasted about $700.The dealer fixed my car quickly, same day, and correctly for about $100.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 07/17/2014
Review Created: 07/23/2014 06:08 AM
Dave S. at The Auto Doc responded on 07/30/2014

Lauren, I am sorry for your experience here at the Auto Doc. I personally checked your car so I know from the start how this whole situation occured. Your vehicle needed freon before we could check the rest of the ac operation. I added freon to the system and after doing so, the air was cold. After I called you to report the status I went back to your car to remove my test equipment and the air quality was not like it was when I had left it. Personally checking further for problems, I found the expansion valve not operating properly and then gave you an estimate. The part was NOT 500.00 as you stated but The whole job was estimated at less than 500.00 including parts,labor and tax. This was printed on your invoice. I`m trying to understand how the dealer could fix your car so fast for so cheap. and the other shop could not have looked at your expansion valve because it is buried inside your dashboard. How could someone look at it and see it was working fine. If it was then your ac would have been working. Also the part cost to you was 65.00, not 500.00 The whole story has a lot of holes in it and I am also curious about what the dealer did for 100 bucks.The dealer NEVER does anything for 100 bucks. And also in reference to the time situation, you scheduled your car in for 3 pm to have it checked. When you made the appointment we told you we could not do the repairs the same day and it would be better to leave it in the morning. As a busy shop owner I rarely spend this much time responding to a review but I just had to get my side of the story heard. I hope anyone reading this can get the bigger picture. If you provide me with the dealer invoice I will refund all of the money that you spent here which was 97.53 with an apology. Thanks for your response.

Jennifer S. on 07/23/2014
Jennifer said she did not have any issues with the facility.
Vehicle: Pontiac G6
Service Date: 06/30/2014
Review Created: 07/23/2014
Kathleen M. on 07/23/2014
Kathleen said the facility gives such excellent care and she has already recommended them to others.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 07/17/2014
Review Created: 07/23/2014
Dennis S. on 07/22/2014
Dennis said they did a great job and his vehicle was returned to him the same way he dropped it off.
Vehicle: Saturn Vue
Service Date: 07/18/2014
Review Created: 07/22/2014
Parviz M. on 07/22/2014
Parviz said the visit took longer than he expected, but he did have the full maintenance package performed. After the visit, he took his vehicle to a rim and tire facility. They noticed a bubble in one of the tires which the business should have noticed earlier.
Vehicle: Scion xB
Service Date: 07/21/2014
Review Created: 07/22/2014
Edward T. on 07/19/2014
Edward said everything worked out the way it was supposed to and he trusted what he was told.
Vehicle: BMW 525i