Toyota of Lake City

Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5rating 4.3333333
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Roy M. on 08/31/2017
"Disorganized & Uninterested"
I came in to turn in my leased vehicle and was completely disregarded. As soon as the salesman found out I was not going to purchase or lease another vehicle, he seemed completely disinterested in helping and it seemed as though he wanted to just rush through the rest of the process. He did not offer any copies of the documents I signed (in retrospect, I should have requested a copy for myself). He said the final documents would be mailed out to me. As I asked if there was anything else I needed to submit or handle on my end and he was quick to assure me that it would all be handled by them.

Fast forward a few months, I get a notice from TFS and the DMV saying there's several documents that they have not yet received. When I called Lake City Toyota to inquire about my documents and the status of it being sent, without checking anything, the salesman claimed they sent it and recommended that I call the DMV and TFS back just to tell them that Toyota of Lake City did indeed sent the papers.

Needless to say, I am very frustrated with this experience and have never felt so disregarded and disrespected by this kind of lousy customer service.
Service Date: 04/29/2017
Review Created: 08/31/2017 09:38 PM
Tat L. on 08/25/2017
"Great experience"
It was a pleasant experience to buy my RAV 4 at Toyota of Lake City. The Sale Associate Jay Do helped me find the ideal car we want very patiently. He explained in details the things I need to know about that car. The price negotiation was quick and smooth. Paper works were done efficiently. Jay was very good in follow up everything. Overall, the team is a great team especially Jay is a very good salesperson
Service Date: 08/19/2017
Review Created: 08/25/2017 09:09 PM
Rotha L. on 07/28/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"seller man told us a lie on Green package services."
Asian sell man guy, was lie to me and my brother about south west green package. He told me this package cover the paint, but it didn't. Cheat customer...so bad customer service
Service Date: 09/08/2015
Review Created: 07/28/2017 09:10 AM
Julie K. on 05/30/2017
"Great Service "
I have always had excellent service at Toyota of Lake City. We've purchased 2 cars there and have been extremely happy. Saturday I had a flat tire and when I called Gabe in service he worked me right in and repaired my tire at no cost! The team is always friendly and professional. Thank you Gabe and the whole service team!!
Service Date: 05/27/2017
Review Created: 05/30/2017 09:10 PM
Daniel T. on 04/11/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Sort of discrimination "
I was the first in line to get periodical service( Sharp on time of my appointment). No one greet me or told me to wait a bit.,but a person behind me well taken care of and still wait patientlly untill one of their employee try telling the other observing what is going on ...
Service Date: 04/11/2017
Review Created: 04/11/2017 10:48 AM
Allison H. on 03/29/2017
"Toyota of Lake City"
Have mixed reviews. One car was had passenger window broken into and was able to get fast, friendly service the next day. I was relieved and impressed with the service. Later brought in a different car for an early (7:45am) service appointment. I was 2nd in line out of 5 cars at the reception desk but was seen last. Finally got a call around 2pm about a very expensive car repair related to emissions, which my car doesn't need (due to being a newer model--they didn't mention this point). Employee also forgot to follow-up on a question I asked earlier in the morning. So, mixed bag experience?
Service Date: 03/29/2017
Review Created: 03/29/2017 03:58 PM
Laura A. on 02/13/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Turning in your Lease? DO NOT listen to the dealer!!!!!"
Returning your lease for the first time? DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR DEALER!!!

It was my first time leasing a Toyota, and I absolutely loved it. But when it came to my end of lease term, I went into the dealer to discuss options. I asked for an inspection, and they said you cannot perform one on site. However the dealer went outside and we looked at my car together. He said it was in great condition and all of the small scratches are part of normal wear and tear. I asked him about a very small windshield crack (less that 0.5 inches) and he told me not to worry, that also was normal wear and tear. He made a comment that Toyota will overlook a lot of things for returning and loyal customers... great! So I leased another one and drove away very happy with my decision.

2 weeks later, I got a bill for over $1300 for the condition of my Prius. $900 was for my small windshield crack. I tried to contest it, but turns out, I was just told false information to get into another lease agreement. I feel so manipulated! Not only did I spend my extra money to lease a new car, but now I get to pay another $1300!!!! I also have insurance with a $100 windshield deductible. If he would have been up front with me, I would have happily fixed it. If I would have known what I know now, I would have totally refinanced and purchased my original lease... and saved $1300.

So now I know..... When you are at the end of your lease, get a formal off site inspection, fix all repairs and DO NOT LISTEN to the frauds at Toyota.
Service Date: 01/16/2017
Review Created: 02/13/2017 10:35 AM
Not N. on 01/07/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Will be sorry if you go through this dealer!"
I thought I would have good experience in buying new car. But I was wrong. They have more trick in the sleeve to get your hard working money. Ask for the final price before you agree. Once they sold their car, that's it! They won't return your calls as they said (several inquiries made in the last few months, only one return) . My experience with this dealer is very sour for the soul.
Service Date: 09/01/2016
Review Created: 01/07/2017 01:02 AM
K H. on 09/28/2016
"Left feeling good"
George Chakas got me a really good deal. He knew what I wanted and what I could afford and he made it work. It was a very good experience...and I'm a woman!
Service Date: 09/28/2016
Review Created: 09/28/2016 04:44 PM
Sam P. on 09/16/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Find another place to service your car"
I don't take time to write reviews. This instance warrants me wasting just a bit more time in hopes of helping someone else avoid this place.

A few months back I called to set up an appointment with the service department here. Someone actually took my call however sounded like I had just called and woken up the person that answered. I second guessed I had gotten the dealer thinking I might have just mis-dialed. I was told no, this was the dealer and asked rudely what I needed. After a brief unprofessional interaction I decided to try another place.

A few months later (now) I just needed to schedule an oil change and decided to give them another shot. I called in to see what was available and the receptionist transferred me to service. After waiting a few minutes on hold I was hung up on. I called back and let the receptionist know, to which she apologized and transferred me again. This time I sat on hold even longer then finally came back to the receptionist. She apologized for the wait and let me know that they were just too busy to take a call and asked her to take a message. Really? Too busy to take a call? I told her that this was my window I had to be on the phone (I have a job so can't wait by the phone in hopes of a call back all day, imagine that.) At the end of the day I checked my vm and surprise...no call.

I figured I would try them again today and predictably was met with the same experience. I called in, got the receptionist, was transferred to service, sat on hold for an extended period of time, then came back to the receptionist who again let me know that they were too busy to take the call but would be happy to take a message. Unbelievable. My only consolation in the experience is that if they are too busy to even book an appointment that I dodged a bullet of - too busy to get my car done, and too busy to (fill in the blank).

This was my last attempt at using them and will find another shop. Should have gone with my gut and avoided them in the first place.
Service Date: 09/16/2016
Review Created: 09/16/2016 09:02 AM
Paloma S. on 05/22/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Best Car Buying Experiance! "
Excellent service from the minute I walked in to the minute I drove off with the car I wanted. The whole team is honest and down to earth, no pressure what so ever. Raab managed to work out my deal with speed and accuracy. I am very thankful for this car purchase experience, best one for sure. Highly recommend it!
Sales Date: 05/21/2016
Review Created: 05/22/2016 12:51 PM
KEITH J. on 04/25/2016
"Car Purchase"
We have purchased numerous vehicles at Lake City Toyota. They are always a pleasure to deal with. Nick Wanta knew everything I needed to know concerning the Camry Hybrid and how everything works. They have always taken care of our needs whether is be sales or service.
Sales Date: 04/22/2016
Review Created: 04/25/2016 03:06 PM
Steve and Patty C. on 04/24/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Sales person Elena and finance person Raab"
Both Elena and Raab made the buying experience pleasant even though the total experience had a few rough spots. Elena kept my wife and I calm and Raab was very efficient with all of the paper work. We would love to work with these very pleasant individuals again
Sales Date: 04/12/2016
Review Created: 04/24/2016 02:57 PM
Andrea B. on 04/23/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Outstanding selection and service"
I knew I wanted to buy a Prius Plugin. A beautiful slightly used 2012 Prius Plugin was available, even in my favorite color. My very helpful salesman, Nick Wanta, got me an excellent deal on the car. The plug for the car was missing when I bought the car and within a week a replacement was found. No extra charge and no hassle. At purchase time I requested an extra key. When I got the plug, I received the extra key again at no extra charge. Nick has been available to answer any of my questions even after I bought the car and assures me I can contact him at any time in the future if I have further questions. If you are in the market for a car I highly recommend Nick Wanta and Toyota of City.
Sales Date: 04/13/2016
Review Created: 04/23/2016 05:44 PM
Kristy J. on 02/06/2016
"Service department joke"
I called because my 2013 car with less than 30k miles had a headlight go out. I was told it was not under warranty but was normal wear and tear. Since this is bs I called Toyota of Kirkland who said it was a warranty item and bring it in at any time and they'd take care of it. Took it to Toyota of Kirkland and they fixed under warranty. Ridiculous lake city Toyota was going to charge for it I won't be calling their service department anytime soon for any issue.
Category: Service
Service Date: 02/04/2016
Review Created: 02/06/2016 08:54 AM
Mark W. on 01/22/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Want To Waste Your Valuable Time?"
Toyota of Lake City advertised a 2008 Subaru Forester on their internet site, which Forester was what I have been searching for, and I decided to buy it. Being in a neighboring State, the deal was struck via telephone, but I was informed later that day there was a 'glitch,' . . . that being the dealer did not yet possess the title to the car, and would contact me when they did. Not only did they not contact me, but a few days later they sold the car to someone else, even though I gave them a credit card number as a deposit in good faith. Talk about getting shafted by some rather underhanded, unscrupulous cretins. I cannot recommend these people to do business with. A real shame, is what it is. With scruples like that, can you trust them?
Sales Date: 01/22/2016
Review Created: 01/22/2016 05:37 PM
Moshe M. on 12/23/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"All is well that ends well"
Last May I bought a Toyota Camry. During negotiations, we agreed om price and three major services, 30,000, 60,000 and 90,000 I will get a 50% discount. Six months later, when I came for my first service, there was no trace of the extra service on their computer. Kevin the salesman and J.C. Smith the sales manager, dismissed my claim. "Unless you have it writing, I will not put it in the computer. Any one can come after the sale and make such claims." It looks like trusting the sales persons was a mistake. Luckily, people at the back office were willing to listed. Karen found the hand written agreement and inserted the service agreement into the computer. I only wish that the floor salesmen will be trained to listen to customers requests and not dismiss them without checking.
Sales Date: 12/22/2015
Review Created: 12/23/2015 03:01 PM
Tammy G. on 11/08/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Handled every issue with understanding and quick solutions."
My Salesman was George Chaker. I had a wonderful experience all the way through. George was very good dealing with my lack of trust in car dealers. He was always supportive and willing to help me resolve any concern. His manage Kevin was so calm and helpful in answering my questions. Buy the end of my experience I realize it was good business. I ordered the new 2016 without driving it or really seeing it. I love the Truck so far. Excellent service throughly the whole process.
Review Created: 11/08/2015 08:31 AM
S S. on 04/06/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Love the vehicle, but not what happened"
On a whim, my husband and I went after work to look at a pre-owned 2008 Toyota Highlander. Though we went with no intention to buy that night, we did drive away with the vehicle.

Our salesperson, who I will not name, was generally pleasant to work with and wasn't one of those stereotypical car salesman who just pushes a vehicle on you. He literally - and fitguratively - took a back seat and allowed us to take the vehicle all in. He showed us some features and we did a test drive in the area.

We wanted to look into trading one of our vehicles - most likely my 2005 Honda Civic - and upon our test drive return, CJ, one of the sales managers, took my car out for a spin while we started the paperwork for a trade in quote. Up until this point everything was going a-ok.

When we agreed to the trade in value of my car, we began negotiating on the vehicle we would be purchasing. We went back and forth on the price, with ToLC coming down less than $1,000 on the vehicle. After a couple hours at the dealership (from when we drove up to this point), I just wanted to get the deal done. In hindsight, sleeping on things may have been a better choice so we could review the information both shown to us, and spoken verbally to us.

The short of it is that our salesperson told us we were purchasing a certified used vehicle (turns out it wasn't - and this would have accounted for some of the extra cost we paid), and we were not informed of recent work (over $2,000) done on the vehicle to service the brakes among other things. Another issue - which for my husband was the biggest issue - is that we were told we were purchasing a "sport edition" of the Highlander, which would indicate the car came with extra features hence a higher price than a normal base model. While the vehicle did have leather, it appears this is an option the previous (only) owner ordered through the factory - otherwise, the vehicle was a standard base model with no extra features. Essentially, we did not buy the vehicle we thought we paid for - though happy, we felt we overpaid for a base model vehicle.

We went back to the dealership to hash things out - and I must say through all of this, CJ Singh (sales manager) and Caren Kasperbauer (customer service) were patient. To come to an agreement, and to lessen the "burn", ToLC agreed to replace all four tires on our vehicle - one of the other issues we pointed out after the fact and did not notice at time of test drive, is that while 80% tread remained the rubber was cracked. Even one of their OWN service advisers said, after my husband inquired, that this was in fact a hazard and could result in blown tires should such trauma occur to the tire. Again, if this was in fact a Toyota certified pre-owned vehicle the tires would NOT have been certified/passed inspection.

While our car buying experience was certainly not terrible, some of the incidents as described above are the reason for the 3-star review. I'd like to reiterate how wonderful CJ & Caren were in rectifying this situation. We do love our new vehicle, and now that we have new tires which we can feel comfortable driving our vehicle with, we are satisfied with our experience.
Sales Date: 03/27/2015
Review Created: 04/06/2015 01:08 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 04/07/2015

Thank you for your response. We are happy the concerns have been resolved and that you are enjoying your new vehicle. We truly appreciate you choosing us and look forward to a lasting relationship for all your vehicle needs.  Enjoy!

ARLIE H. on 03/20/2015
"Tundra svc"
I accidentally arrived two days early and the service guys got my truck taken care of.
Vehicle: TOYOTA TUNDRA 4WD TRUCK
Category: Service
Service Date: 03/14/2015
Review Created: 03/20/2015 06:12 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/24/2015

Thank you for your response, glad we were able to accommodate your needs. Your business is appreciated.