Toyota of Lake City

Reviews (3786)

rating 4.7059942rating 4.7059942rating 4.7059942rating 4.7059942rating 4.7059942

Recommend?
95%

ReScore (3) Help16

rating 4.3333333rating 4.3333333rating 4.3333333rating 4.3333333rating 4.3333333
New
Improvement
rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
13355 Lake City Way Northeast
Seattle, WA 98125
(888) 818-7128
About At Toyota of Lake City, our service department does routine maintenance and repairs on all Toyotas and other vehicles we sell. Also, our parts department has a wide variety of accessories and performance parts for all Toyota models.
What a Rip
I purchased my Toyota Prius there 10 years ago and had it continually serviced at the same location. Although the cost of the service was expensive we always took their recommendations and had the work done (struts, back tail light, etc.) The service department was very professional. Unfortunately, the dashboard battery light came on and the service department said it would take $4,500 to fix it. The Kelly Blue book price was $3,500. The reason I purchased the Prius originally was that it was good for the environment, but if the car needs to be discarded after 10 years because the value to replace the battery exceeds the cars value, it wipes out any benefit to the environment. I went to the new car department to buy another Toyota (not Prius) and asked how much they would give me to trade in the Prius (aside from the battery, excellent shape with a great service record) toward a new car. The answer was only $500, - the local junk yard offered more than that. I then went to the Subaru dealer and purchased a Subaru for $29,000. You would think that the dealership would have more responsibility to a loyal customer. Their loss.
Review Created: 04/13/2015 07:58 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 04/16/2015

Thank you for your response.  I am very sorry we were unable to come to an agreement on the purchase of a new vehicle from our dealership. We truly thank you for your loyalty, your business is greatly appreciated.  The year, miles and recondition costs total what the value is. Enjoy your new Subaru!

Love the vehicle, but not what happened
On a whim, my husband and I went after work to look at a pre-owned 2008 Toyota Highlander. Though we went with no intention to buy that night, we did drive away with the vehicle.

Our salesperson, who I will not name, was generally pleasant to work with and wasn't one of those stereotypical car salesman who just pushes a vehicle on you. He literally - and fitguratively - took a back seat and allowed us to take the vehicle all in. He showed us some features and we did a test drive in the area.

We wanted to look into trading one of our vehicles - most likely my 2005 Honda Civic - and upon our test drive return, CJ, one of the sales managers, took my car out for a spin while we started the paperwork for a trade in quote. Up until this point everything was going a-ok.

When we agreed to the trade in value of my car, we began negotiating on the vehicle we would be purchasing. We went back and forth on the price, with ToLC coming down less than $1,000 on the vehicle. After a couple hours at the dealership (from when we drove up to this point), I just wanted to get the deal done. In hindsight, sleeping on things may have been a better choice so we could review the information both shown to us, and spoken verbally to us.

The short of it is that our salesperson told us we were purchasing a certified used vehicle (turns out it wasn't - and this would have accounted for some of the extra cost we paid), and we were not informed of recent work (over $2,000) done on the vehicle to service the brakes among other things. Another issue - which for my husband was the biggest issue - is that we were told we were purchasing a "sport edition" of the Highlander, which would indicate the car came with extra features hence a higher price than a normal base model. While the vehicle did have leather, it appears this is an option the previous (only) owner ordered through the factory - otherwise, the vehicle was a standard base model with no extra features. Essentially, we did not buy the vehicle we thought we paid for - though happy, we felt we overpaid for a base model vehicle.

We went back to the dealership to hash things out - and I must say through all of this, CJ Singh (sales manager) and Caren Kasperbauer (customer service) were patient. To come to an agreement, and to lessen the "burn", ToLC agreed to replace all four tires on our vehicle - one of the other issues we pointed out after the fact and did not notice at time of test drive, is that while 80% tread remained the rubber was cracked. Even one of their OWN service advisers said, after my husband inquired, that this was in fact a hazard and could result in blown tires should such trauma occur to the tire. Again, if this was in fact a Toyota certified pre-owned vehicle the tires would NOT have been certified/passed inspection.

While our car buying experience was certainly not terrible, some of the incidents as described above are the reason for the 3-star review. I'd like to reiterate how wonderful CJ & Caren were in rectifying this situation. We do love our new vehicle, and now that we have new tires which we can feel comfortable driving our vehicle with, we are satisfied with our experience.
Sales Date: 03/27/2015
Review Created: 04/06/2015 01:08 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 04/07/2015

Thank you for your response. We are happy the concerns have been resolved and that you are enjoying your new vehicle. We truly appreciate you choosing us and look forward to a lasting relationship for all your vehicle needs.  Enjoy!

Tundra svc
I accidentally arrived two days early and the service guys got my truck taken care of.
Vehicle: TOYOTA TUNDRA 4WD TRUCK
Review Created: 03/20/2015 06:12 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/24/2015

Thank you for your response, glad we were able to accommodate your needs. Your business is appreciated.

Nice Job
Thanks for all the work to help me get another car - greatly appreciated. Olie was great.
Vehicle: TOYOTA PRIUS C
Sales Date: 03/13/2015
Review Created: 03/20/2015 05:57 AM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/20/2015

Thank you again for choosing us and congratulations! We truly appreciate your loyalty. Enjoy!

FADL K. in Edmonds, WA on 03/19/2015
From walking on to the dealership everything was amazing, and everyone worked so hard to find me the car I wanted. Chris and Raad were helpful and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a vehicle.
Sales Date: 03/07/2015
Review Created: 03/19/2015 03:03 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/20/2015

Thank you for your response and your kind words. We all greatly appreciate you allowing us to be a part of your exciting day, looking forward to assisting you with all your vehicle needs.

easy to get appointments
I appreciated the quick, efficient service.
Service Date: 03/16/2015
Review Created: 03/19/2015 08:39 AM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your response, your time is important, we respect that!

Toyota of Lake City Service
Troy and his team at Toyota of Lake City are fantastic! They always do great work and finish up even more quickly than expected.
Vehicle: TOYOTA VENZA
Review Created: 03/18/2015 05:07 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your your response and loyalty, it is truly appreciated.

Recommended?
I would definitely recommend them to my friends.
Review Created: 03/18/2015 11:45 AM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you, we are here for you and appreciate your business.

Super Service!
I always have a super service experience at Lake City Toyota--which is why we only buy cars at Lake City Toyota.
Vehicle: TOYOTA COROLLA
Review Created: 03/17/2015 08:49 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your response, your loyalty is greatly appreciated.

SUSAN M. in Seattle, WA on 03/17/2015
Awesome experience - love this place!
Can't recommend more highly. Olie sold me my new Prius and she was professional, courteous, and friendly - and she got me the best deal possible. I absolutely love my new Prius and for the first time in my 64 years I love to drive - anywhere! This dealership is efficient, friendly and spotlessly clean, even the floors in the service area are waxed and polished. I feel very taken care of for my last car!
Sales Date: 02/19/2015
Review Created: 03/17/2015 08:24 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your response and kind words. We are here because of great guests as you are. We look forward to assisting with all your vehicle needs. Enjoy!

Recommended?
The sales people were fantastic and worked a long time with me and very patient.
Vehicle: TOYOTA CAMRY
Sales Date: 03/14/2015
Review Created: 03/17/2015 04:47 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you again for choosing us! We look forward to a lasting relationship for all your vehicle needs.

My salesman pascal.
The best experience I could have hoped for. Pascal was wonderful.
Vehicle: TOYOTA COROLLA
Sales Date: 03/13/2015
Review Created: 03/17/2015 04:32 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your response, your business is greatly appreciated and look forward to assisting with all your vehicle needs.

JAMES H. in Seattle, WA on 03/17/2015
friendly
awesome place to get my truck worked on.
Service Date: 03/16/2015
Review Created: 03/17/2015 02:07 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you, we appreciate your business and look forward to assisting with all your vehicle needs.

rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3
Mixup?
I was told the prior week that they couldn't do an oil change unless they were doing the current recall on my car and they made an appointment for the following Monday. On Monday they did the oil change but could not complete the recall because they didn't have the part so now I'll be called in a couple weeks to bring my car back in for another whole day so they can do the recall. Just not very organized in this particular situation. Also, it cost $86. just to do the oil change and rotate the tires? $28.00 for parts and $49.00 for labor??? You can't find out what the service costs on the website ahead of time either. I would like an option to check "not sure" on the following would you recommend line....
Vehicle: TOYOTA PRIUS C
Review Created: 03/17/2015 02:06 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/18/2015

Thank you for your response.  We apologize for the miscommunication with setting the appt. Recalls at times have an inspection first than if the part does need to be replaced it is special ordered. The cost of the Signature Service includes Lube Oil Filter, front and rear brake inspection, tire rotation and complete inspection of fluids, filters etc. We truly appreciate your business and loyalty.

ROY M. in Redmond, WA on 03/17/2015

Vehicle: TOYOTA RAV4
Review Created: 03/16/2015 08:57 PM

MAX B. in Seattle, WA on 03/16/2015
Good service without appointment
Minor issue: Takes longer without appointment
Review Created: 03/16/2015 03:38 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you, the time is set aside for you only with an appointment, without we do our best to work you in. Glad we were able to get you in and service completed.

Location
Great staff, Anamaria Schirman Outstanding Blue Team Service Manager. Knows her business!!!!
Vehicle: TOYOTA AVALON
Review Created: 03/16/2015 02:30 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your kind words and loyalty, your business is greatly appreciated.

Professional informative Staff
Professional informative Staff
Vehicle: TOYOTA 4RUNNER
Review Created: 03/16/2015 12:04 PM

rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4
HOLLY E. in Seattle, WA on 03/16/2015
There's a reason I always go to Lake City
Consistent, clear and friendly communication. Follow through.
Vehicle: TOYOTA MATRIX
Review Created: 03/16/2015 10:28 AM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your business and your loyalty. We truly appreciate you as our guest and look forward to assisting with all your vehicle needs.

0 out of 5

Click a star to enter your rating. 5 stars is the highest.
What makes the place so great (or not) in just a few words.
format mm/dd/yyyy
About You
We only ever display the first letter of your last name.
By clicking on the button, you agree to the Terms of Service
Send a Message