Toyota of Lake City

Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5rating 4.3333333
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Paloma S. on 05/22/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Best Car Buying Experiance! "
Excellent service from the minute I walked in to the minute I drove off with the car I wanted. The whole team is honest and down to earth, no pressure what so ever. Raab managed to work out my deal with speed and accuracy. I am very thankful for this car purchase experience, best one for sure. Highly recommend it!
Sales Date: 05/21/2016
Review Created: 05/22/2016 12:51 PM
KEITH J. on 04/25/2016
"Car Purchase"
We have purchased numerous vehicles at Lake City Toyota. They are always a pleasure to deal with. Nick Wanta knew everything I needed to know concerning the Camry Hybrid and how everything works. They have always taken care of our needs whether is be sales or service.
Sales Date: 04/22/2016
Review Created: 04/25/2016 03:06 PM
Steve and Patty C. on 04/24/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Sales person Elena and finance person Raab"
Both Elena and Raab made the buying experience pleasant even though the total experience had a few rough spots. Elena kept my wife and I calm and Raab was very efficient with all of the paper work. We would love to work with these very pleasant individuals again
Sales Date: 04/12/2016
Review Created: 04/24/2016 02:57 PM
Andrea B. on 04/23/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Outstanding selection and service"
I knew I wanted to buy a Prius Plugin. A beautiful slightly used 2012 Prius Plugin was available, even in my favorite color. My very helpful salesman, Nick Wanta, got me an excellent deal on the car. The plug for the car was missing when I bought the car and within a week a replacement was found. No extra charge and no hassle. At purchase time I requested an extra key. When I got the plug, I received the extra key again at no extra charge. Nick has been available to answer any of my questions even after I bought the car and assures me I can contact him at any time in the future if I have further questions. If you are in the market for a car I highly recommend Nick Wanta and Toyota of City.
Sales Date: 04/13/2016
Review Created: 04/23/2016 05:44 PM
Kristy J. on 02/06/2016
"Service department joke"
I called because my 2013 car with less than 30k miles had a headlight go out. I was told it was not under warranty but was normal wear and tear. Since this is bs I called Toyota of Kirkland who said it was a warranty item and bring it in at any time and they'd take care of it. Took it to Toyota of Kirkland and they fixed under warranty. Ridiculous lake city Toyota was going to charge for it I won't be calling their service department anytime soon for any issue.
Service Date: 02/04/2016
Review Created: 02/06/2016 08:54 AM
Mark W. on 01/22/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Want To Waste Your Valuable Time?"
Toyota of Lake City advertised a 2008 Subaru Forester on their internet site, which Forester was what I have been searching for, and I decided to buy it. Being in a neighboring State, the deal was struck via telephone, but I was informed later that day there was a 'glitch,' . . . that being the dealer did not yet possess the title to the car, and would contact me when they did. Not only did they not contact me, but a few days later they sold the car to someone else, even though I gave them a credit card number as a deposit in good faith. Talk about getting shafted by some rather underhanded, unscrupulous cretins. I cannot recommend these people to do business with. A real shame, is what it is. With scruples like that, can you trust them?
Sales Date: 01/22/2016
Review Created: 01/22/2016 05:37 PM
Moshe M. on 12/23/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"All is well that ends well"
Last May I bought a Toyota Camry. During negotiations, we agreed om price and three major services, 30,000, 60,000 and 90,000 I will get a 50% discount. Six months later, when I came for my first service, there was no trace of the extra service on their computer. Kevin the salesman and J.C. Smith the sales manager, dismissed my claim. "Unless you have it writing, I will not put it in the computer. Any one can come after the sale and make such claims." It looks like trusting the sales persons was a mistake. Luckily, people at the back office were willing to listed. Karen found the hand written agreement and inserted the service agreement into the computer. I only wish that the floor salesmen will be trained to listen to customers requests and not dismiss them without checking.
Sales Date: 12/22/2015
Review Created: 12/23/2015 03:01 PM
Tammy G. on 11/08/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Handled every issue with understanding and quick solutions."
My Salesman was George Chaker. I had a wonderful experience all the way through. George was very good dealing with my lack of trust in car dealers. He was always supportive and willing to help me resolve any concern. His manage Kevin was so calm and helpful in answering my questions. Buy the end of my experience I realize it was good business. I ordered the new 2016 without driving it or really seeing it. I love the Truck so far. Excellent service throughly the whole process.
Review Created: 11/08/2015 08:31 AM
S S. on 04/06/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Love the vehicle, but not what happened"
On a whim, my husband and I went after work to look at a pre-owned 2008 Toyota Highlander. Though we went with no intention to buy that night, we did drive away with the vehicle.

Our salesperson, who I will not name, was generally pleasant to work with and wasn't one of those stereotypical car salesman who just pushes a vehicle on you. He literally - and fitguratively - took a back seat and allowed us to take the vehicle all in. He showed us some features and we did a test drive in the area.

We wanted to look into trading one of our vehicles - most likely my 2005 Honda Civic - and upon our test drive return, CJ, one of the sales managers, took my car out for a spin while we started the paperwork for a trade in quote. Up until this point everything was going a-ok.

When we agreed to the trade in value of my car, we began negotiating on the vehicle we would be purchasing. We went back and forth on the price, with ToLC coming down less than $1,000 on the vehicle. After a couple hours at the dealership (from when we drove up to this point), I just wanted to get the deal done. In hindsight, sleeping on things may have been a better choice so we could review the information both shown to us, and spoken verbally to us.

The short of it is that our salesperson told us we were purchasing a certified used vehicle (turns out it wasn't - and this would have accounted for some of the extra cost we paid), and we were not informed of recent work (over $2,000) done on the vehicle to service the brakes among other things. Another issue - which for my husband was the biggest issue - is that we were told we were purchasing a "sport edition" of the Highlander, which would indicate the car came with extra features hence a higher price than a normal base model. While the vehicle did have leather, it appears this is an option the previous (only) owner ordered through the factory - otherwise, the vehicle was a standard base model with no extra features. Essentially, we did not buy the vehicle we thought we paid for - though happy, we felt we overpaid for a base model vehicle.

We went back to the dealership to hash things out - and I must say through all of this, CJ Singh (sales manager) and Caren Kasperbauer (customer service) were patient. To come to an agreement, and to lessen the "burn", ToLC agreed to replace all four tires on our vehicle - one of the other issues we pointed out after the fact and did not notice at time of test drive, is that while 80% tread remained the rubber was cracked. Even one of their OWN service advisers said, after my husband inquired, that this was in fact a hazard and could result in blown tires should such trauma occur to the tire. Again, if this was in fact a Toyota certified pre-owned vehicle the tires would NOT have been certified/passed inspection.

While our car buying experience was certainly not terrible, some of the incidents as described above are the reason for the 3-star review. I'd like to reiterate how wonderful CJ & Caren were in rectifying this situation. We do love our new vehicle, and now that we have new tires which we can feel comfortable driving our vehicle with, we are satisfied with our experience.
Sales Date: 03/27/2015
Review Created: 04/06/2015 01:08 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 04/07/2015

Thank you for your response. We are happy the concerns have been resolved and that you are enjoying your new vehicle. We truly appreciate you choosing us and look forward to a lasting relationship for all your vehicle needs.  Enjoy!

ARLIE H. on 03/20/2015
"Tundra svc"
I accidentally arrived two days early and the service guys got my truck taken care of.
Vehicle: TOYOTA TUNDRA 4WD TRUCK
Review Created: 03/20/2015 06:12 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/24/2015

Thank you for your response, glad we were able to accommodate your needs. Your business is appreciated.

GEOFFREY P. on 03/20/2015
"Nice Job"
Thanks for all the work to help me get another car - greatly appreciated. Olie was great.
Vehicle: TOYOTA PRIUS C
Sales Date: 03/13/2015
Review Created: 03/20/2015 05:57 AM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/20/2015

Thank you again for choosing us and congratulations! We truly appreciate your loyalty. Enjoy!

FADL K. on 03/19/2015
"Thank you for making it a breeze"
From walking on to the dealership everything was amazing, and everyone worked so hard to find me the car I wanted. Chris and Raad were helpful and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a vehicle.
Sales Date: 03/07/2015
Review Created: 03/19/2015 03:03 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/20/2015

Thank you for your response and your kind words. We all greatly appreciate you allowing us to be a part of your exciting day, looking forward to assisting you with all your vehicle needs.

JULIANNE P. on 03/19/2015
"easy to get appointments"
I appreciated the quick, efficient service.
Vehicle: TOYOTA PRIUS
Service Date: 03/16/2015
Review Created: 03/19/2015 08:39 AM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your response, your time is important, we respect that!

NOELLE M. on 03/18/2015
"Toyota of Lake City Service"
Troy and his team at Toyota of Lake City are fantastic! They always do great work and finish up even more quickly than expected.
Vehicle: TOYOTA VENZA
Service Date: 03/13/2015
Review Created: 03/18/2015 05:07 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your your response and loyalty, it is truly appreciated.

HAILEMARIAM T. on 03/18/2015
"Great customer service"
I would definitely recommend them to my friends.
Review Created: 03/18/2015 11:45 AM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you, we are here for you and appreciate your business.

NICOLE S. on 03/17/2015
"Super Service!"
I always have a super service experience at Lake City Toyota--which is why we only buy cars at Lake City Toyota.
Vehicle: TOYOTA COROLLA
Review Created: 03/17/2015 08:49 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your response, your loyalty is greatly appreciated.

SUSAN M. on 03/17/2015
"Awesome experience - love this place!"
Can't recommend more highly. Olie sold me my new Prius and she was professional, courteous, and friendly - and she got me the best deal possible. I absolutely love my new Prius and for the first time in my 64 years I love to drive - anywhere! This dealership is efficient, friendly and spotlessly clean, even the floors in the service area are waxed and polished. I feel very taken care of for my last car!
Vehicle: TOYOTA PRIUS
Sales Date: 02/19/2015
Review Created: 03/17/2015 08:24 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your response and kind words. We are here because of great guests as you are. We look forward to assisting with all your vehicle needs. Enjoy!

SHERYL F. on 03/17/2015
"The sales people were fantastic and worked a long time with me and very patient. "
Vehicle: TOYOTA CAMRY
Sales Date: 03/14/2015
Review Created: 03/17/2015 04:47 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you again for choosing us! We look forward to a lasting relationship for all your vehicle needs.

JENNIFER Q. on 03/17/2015
"My salesman pascal. "
The best experience I could have hoped for. Pascal was wonderful.
Vehicle: TOYOTA COROLLA
Sales Date: 03/13/2015
Review Created: 03/17/2015 04:32 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you for your response, your business is greatly appreciated and look forward to assisting with all your vehicle needs.

JAMES H. on 03/17/2015
"friendly"
awesome place to get my truck worked on.
Service Date: 03/16/2015
Review Created: 03/17/2015 02:07 PM
Caren K. at Toyota of Lake City responded on 03/19/2015

Thank you, we appreciate your business and look forward to assisting with all your vehicle needs.