Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
DONALD E O. on 03/12/2015
"Very frustrating"
After several months of complaining I finally got my stereo replaced (thank you Laurie) however it was not without some very poor communication. I got my stereo replaced on March 6th. When I got home I was resetting my XM and other settings and the unit said it was missing the SD navagation card. I immediately called in Laurie said she would call me the next day to figure out what to do. she did call and we scheduled me to come in on Monday the 8th. I brought the vehicle in at 9:00 A.M. At approximately noon I got a call from either an Andrea or Amanda (can't recall her name exactly) and she began questioning why I brought my vehicle and what did I do with the SD card and what did I put in the opening. I explained to her that I did nothing to the unit as it was new. she insisted that it wasn't new and acted as if I was lying. After hanging up I called her back to find out what was going on as I could tell she was confused. I was still treated as if I had done something to the unit. Finally one of the service advisors called me back and said he was ordering parts for my new stereo and I could pick up my truck. Again I was told the unit was not new and at his point I wasn't real happy and felt that nobody was listening to me. I went home and grabbed my invoice from Friday the 5th and showed it to the service advisor. He was amazed that there was a line item that said install new stereo. He left for a short time and came back to let me know that we needed a new SD card. Then he thought for a second and realized my old stereo was still there and we took the SD card out of it and put it in my new stereo. Problem solved! If someone had LISTENED to me to begin with I would not have been talked to like I'm an idiot and the problem solved quickly. I am looking at taking my vehicle elsewhere as this is not the first communication problem I have experienced at your dealership. On the plus side I am very loyal to Toyota. Just need to find someone who cares.
Category: Service