Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
GREGORY M. on 03/22/2015
"clean and friendly staff"
I took my 2014 Toyota Corolla in to be serviced because I was Feeling a vibration when accelerating and the transmission feels like its slipping. the technician drove it and did feel the vibration said they did not feel slipping. the response from the technician for the vibration was you still have 30,000 miles left on your factory warranty and if it continues to happen then I need to bring it back in. I feel if there is any doubt, it should be fixed now before the warranty runs out and I have to pay out of my pocket for something that could have been fixed under the manufacturer warranty.
Vehicle: TOYOTA COROLLA
Category: Service
Service Date: 03/20/2015
Review Created: 03/22/2015 02:54 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 03/23/2015

Hi and thank you for the response and feedback.  Hopefully I can answer some of these concerns for you.  First, let me assure you that we do not want to delay this until after your warranty has expired.  We definitely want to do this before then.  We actually opened a Technical Assistance Case directly with Toyota to ask them what do do in this scenario.  Often times, we may be able to reproduce a condition or concern but are unable to determine the next step without assistance directly from the factory.  This is what occurred with your Corolla.  Toyota advised us, based on our findings, to not peform any repairs at this time.  The good news is that this concern is well documented within your warranty period.  This should protect you if things begin to go wrong with that system within a reasonable amount of time of the expiration of the warranty.  Please rest assured that we want to do everything within our power to confirm the repair needs, fix it under warranty, and make you a happy and confident Toyota owner.  Please keep a close watch on things and let me know if the condition continues or worsens.  Another option we can help coordinate is putting you in the vehicle for a road test with an actual Toyota factory representative.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of this concern and your business!

Rich Conley