Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
Raul O. on 04/26/2015
"Good service personnel"
Though the service department did what they could, they still were not able to find the reason for the sudden acceleration while stopped and in drive. As I pressed as hard as I could on the brake my 07 Tacoma kept on spinning the tires. I really don't feel safe letting my wife drive it.
Category: Service
Service Date: 04/23/2015
Review Created: 04/26/2015 06:01 AM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 04/27/2015

Hello and thank you so much for the feedback.  I'm sorry to hear that you feel unsafe in your vehicle.  Toyota monitors these types of customer concerns very closely.  When we received your truck and went about our diagostic processes, we had to provide Toyota (technical assistance department) with data list readings from the onboard computer, photos, and technical information.  Toyota then interprets that and tells our technician how to proceed.  In this case, we were unable to reproduce any problems and found no indication of problems in the computer system.  Unfortunately, due to that, we are restricted on what we can or cannot do.  There is a specific department within Toyota's Customer Experience Center that handles concerns related to "sudden" or "unintended acceleration."  If you'd like, I am happy to provide you the contact information to that so you can voice your concerns with Toyota directly.  I do thank you for bringing your vehicle to us and I hope you understand.  If you have any additional questions, or would like Toyota's contact information, I'm happy to help.

Rich Conley