Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
THOMAS M. on 05/13/2015
"Oil and filter change"
I was appalled at the $64 price to change my oil. In fact, I regularly receive flyers from Jay Lee's Honda to do this chore for $16 and that also includes a car wash. I own two Toyotas, but will not return for this service.
Vehicle: TOYOTA AVALON
Category: Service
Service Date: 05/11/2015
Review Created: 05/13/2015 08:22 AM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 05/13/2015

Hello and thank you for the feedback.  We're very sorry to hear about your disappointment.  Our dealership works very hard at making sure that we provide a price competitive lube service.  In fact, we perform "mystery shops" in our surrounding area to ensure that we are on par from a price standpoint.  We've found that many places offer this very cheap oil change service, but when comparing "apples to apples" it is not the same service that we offer.  Many places do not use the synthetic blend oil like we do, they use a conventional oil.  Additionally, they do not rotate tires typically in a charge that inexpensive.  Lastly, there are certain fluids they may not fill up under the hood.  One thing we can always do is tailor our service as well.  We also offer services with conventional oil and no tire rotation for a less expensive option.  However, we recommend you come in more frequently to have service performed at that point.  We are sorry this was not communicated to you properly during the write up process.  Certainly, we've found that our price structure is very fair given the services we provide and the products we use.  However, if we're not explaining that to you properly, we're not doing our job properly!  I apologize again for the misocmmunication and I hope that you're willing to give us another chance.  Please contact me and I'd be happy to discuss things.  In addition, I'd like to offer you a service incentive to return.

Sincerely,