Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
TJ P. on 05/20/2015
"Typically good but had a bad day"
I took my Camry in for the 100k service. I received a voicemail later that afternoon notifying me that the oil pan was leaking and could be repaired for an additional $370. I decided to wait and let my husband do some research on it. When my husband picked up the car, however, the technician told him the system had a leak...and that it could be the oil pan but they weren't sure... I'm confused as to the phone call earlier asking to authorize payment for the oil pan when that wasn't a clearly identified problem. Additionally, and it's hard to be picky about this since it's free, but when you offer a car wash and vacuum, it is disappointing to still have dirt streaked on the exterior and a mediocre vacuuming job. While small in the scheme of things, if there isn't attention paid to detail in something obvious, it places a seed of doubt in the attention to detail paid elsewhere. The people are super friendly and I've never had this experience with them before...but this experience didn't live up to our past service.
Vehicle: TOYOTA CAMRY
Category: Service
Service Date: 05/19/2015
Review Created: 05/20/2015 05:25 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 05/21/2015

Hi there and thank you so much for the feedback.  I'm very sorry to hear about your last visit!  Certainly does not sound like our normal level of service and what you've become accustomed to.  I think it would be a good idea to double check this oil leak situation with one of our Master Diagnostic Technicians.  Sometimes residual oil, road grime, and dirt (especially as a vehicle gets up to and over 100k miles) can make it difficult to determine whether or not a vehicle acutally has an active fluid leak.  We can clean up the area as thoroughly as possible and recheck to be sure we're dealing with a problem that needs immediate attention or not.  This can all be done totally free of charge to you!  Please let me know if you are interested in setting that up.
Additionally, we'll make sure that all of our car wash team stays focused on quality!  I certainly understand how a lack of attention to detail in this area can reflect poorly on our whole process and we are continously monitoring this and striving for the best results possible!
Thanks again for letting us know of your concerns and I'm happy to help resolve this oil pan issue for you.  I hope to hear back from you soon.

Sincerely,