Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
Kim J S. on 07/17/2015
"Service Dept. made a blunder"
I am usually satisfied wirh my service appointments. I was not so happy with the last one on July 16, 2015. As I was driving from the service center to my next destination, I kept smelling a burning odor. One I stopped, several good samaritans assisted me as I looked under the hood and car body. They discovered a rag on the engine left behind during my service appointment that was smoldering and flaming and pulled it out for me. I returned to the Toyota service where it was checked to make sure there was no damage. Fortunately it seemed fine. They did give me a coupon for a free oil change service for another time. So my concern was handled well but someone in the service area was careless during my original service which could have caused alot of damage to my car.
Vehicle: TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
Category: Service
Service Date: 07/16/2015
Review Created: 07/17/2015 09:15 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 07/20/2015

Hello and thank you so much for the feedback.  On behalf of the entire dealership, and our service team, I would like to apologize for this mistake.  We take this very seriously and definitely will use this as a learning experience!  I have spoken directly to the technician involved and he feels terrible about the mistake.  It was an oversight that will not occur again, rest assured.  I'm glad our service advisor provided you with some coupons as a token of our appreciation towards this situation.  Please let me know if there is anything else that we can do regarding this.  I appreciate your candor and patience over what must have been a stressful situation!  I'm happy to assist further if necessary.

Sincerely,