Toyota of Puyallup

Latest Review 6 minutes ago
Review for Toyota of Puyallup
SHADOW W. on 11/02/2015
"Same problems over and over"
My daughter brought her 2008 Prius in for its regular 5000-mile service. Included with this service is supposed to be an overall inspection of the vehicle. Somehow, the technician that worked on her car failed to notice (or just didn't report) that the driver's side headlight was out. When we called to inform Toyota of Puyallup of this, their solution was to bring the car back to them and they would replace the bulbs at our expense. Now if this had been identified at the time of the service, then I would have at least considered it, but instead, they recommended my teenage daughter driving back to them in pouring down rain without a headlight, risking her safety and creating the potential for getting a ticket.
This was not the first time we have had problems with service when it comes to this vehicle. At the last two services, it was put in the notes that the water pump was going out, but we were not informed of this until after the vehicle was out of warranty. This invoked a call to Toyota Corporate, and then we were able to have the water pump replaced for only the in-warranty deductible.
Maintenance issues with Toyota of Puyallup and this vehicle actually started at the time of purchase. When we bought the car in August 2013, it was a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. Within days of bringing it home, it would not start. After having to have it towed twice, one on-site call from Toyota of Puyallup service techs, and a few trips into the shop, it was finally determined that:
1- the battery cables were loose
2- the batteries themselves needed to be replaced.

During the past 4 years, I have purchased 5 vehicles from Toyota of Puyallup, and have all of my maintenance for those vehicles done there. It seems that if you have a new vehicle, then you have no problems with their Service department, but if your car is older or a CPO, then you really just don't matter to them.
Category: Service