Toyota of Puyallup

Latest Review 7 minutes ago
Review for Toyota of Puyallup
JIMMY A. on 12/14/2015
My husband brought our Prius in to have them replace the headlights. We had been having to replace headlights more than what we thought was usual so decided to pay the $120 to have a "Toyota technician" replace the headlights. He was supposed to get a rental car because they were going to originally do a diagnostic test but when he arrived they save we will just replace them. An hour and a half later they tell him that there has been a problem with the 2010 Prius head lights and something needs to be replaced and it will cost $500.00. We bought the extra warrant but it has been gone for a couple of years. We bring the car there for everything, I mean everything but not headlights. Since they did not know there was a problem and there was no recall we have to pay the full amount. I am done with Toyota of Puyallup. We have gone there exclusively since 1999. They do all of the oil changes they do everything. But you have to wait for at least an hour, I can't remember the last time I got out of there in less than an hour and a half. They should know everything about my car I depend on them to take care of it but they never mentioned anything about the headlights. I have defended them to all of my friends. Now I think my friends are right. THEY SUCK!
Category: Service
Service Date: 12/11/2015
Review Created: 12/14/2015 11:59 AM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 12/14/2015

Hello and thank you for the email and the feedback.  I'm very sorry to hear that you're upset about the way this service turned out.  We genuinely care about our customer's concerns and I hope we can find a way to make this situation easier to swallow for you.  The $500 repair you are referring to is in reference to a Technical Service Bulletin that has been released by Toyota.  Basically, think of it as an engineering fix for a common issue.  Unfortunately, Toyota does not notify the owners of affected vehicles.  It is simply a fix that exists if a vehicle exhibits certain characteristics.  Because of that, there is no extension of warranty or implied coverage.  We cannot perform repairs on vehicles unless they have failure that is covered by the Bulletin.  This is why you were not previously notified of anything.  We had to address the issue if and when your headlights failed.  What we can do for you, since we've not done the repair to the full instruction of the Bulletin yet, is contact Toyota on your behalf to see if they'd be willing to participate with repairs on a goodwill basis.  I can't make any promises, but your good standing as a customer with us gives me hope that we can get some assistance on the repair.  I'm very sorry that you feel that we don't care or didn't notify you... we just have to follow the guidelines that Toyota sets forth.  I hope that we can at least show our care and concern for your situation by attempting to get you some goodwill assistance.  Please contact me directly and I will start the ball rolling on that.  Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Rich Conley