Toyota of Puyallup

Latest Review 20 minutes ago
Review for Toyota of Puyallup
KRISTI L W. on 01/26/2016
"Zurich Shield was a hassle"
I opted to add the Zurich Shield warranty when I purchased my new Corolla. I've found the seats stain quite easily on my model; even water leaves a stain. When I purchased the car, the finance person, who sold me the warranty, exclaimed how good it was. "If you spill anything or get a stain, you can just bring it and we'll make it like new!" I was reluctant because I normally don't spill and I keep my car very clean. I've only owned my car for 6 months when I called to use the Zurich Shield warranty because I had a water stain. The Toyota service department gave me the 1-800 number for Zurich Shield. Then They told me I would have to try to get the stain out myself and wait 30 days, and then fill out a form to show what the stain was and how I tried to remove it. When I was finally able to make an appointment with the Toyota service department to have the stain removed, I had to leave my car there for an entire day. They did provide a loaner car, but the ease of the process was a far cry from being able to just bring the car in to have the stain removed. I'm still glad I purchased the warranty, because the seats are terrible for stains and I'm going to use the heck out of the Zurich Shield for as long as I have the car. In hindsight, it would have been worth it to upgrade to leather seats rather than purchasing the warranty.
Category: Service