Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
Robert T. on 01/07/2014
"Thrid trip for the same issue"
We brought our vehicle in for the steering wheel shaking when you apply the brakes going 40 mph and above. We were told it was "probably the rotors" and since the life of our brakes was about 50%, they said it was still safe to drive and wouldn't recommend replacing the rotors. They said "at this point, we couldn't just replace the rotors as they've already formed to the brake pads and it would cause more rubbing". I brought it in again and was told the same thing. We started hearing a clunking sound when we would apply the brakes and I took it in for a third time. This time they told us that the rotors were rusted and we needed new front brakes and rotors. When I asked why they didn't catch this the other two times I brought the vehicle in, they told me that the rotors were probably not "visually" inspected. Really? I bring it in two other times for this issue, they keep the vehicle all day, and don't even do a visual inspection?
Not to mention, one of the visits we had to get new tires (again, they were only about 50% used) as there was a screw in a place that couldn't be repaired. They tired to bill me for almost $200 more than originally quoted. And I wasn't offered the option of keeping the three good tires. I could have sold those and made a little of my money back as they are $250 tires - each.
Not entirely happy with my service there the last three visits.
Vehicle: TOYOTA RAV4