Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
TONY V. on 02/27/2014
"Belt Repair"
I took in my Sequoia for a oil leak in the cam shaft...and when they were completed I had a loud screeching noise in one of my belts that was not there before. When I took it back to them they said I need a new tensioner at a $300+ cost. I decided to take it to another mechanic which contradicted what they said...and even took it back from them to look at again. The service department fixed the noise..however one month later it came back again. When I took it back again...the paperwork said that the tensioner was repaired...which I said it was not...and that I never authorized it. After they looked at the Sequoia again...they said it was the tensioner and that they had previously recommended that I get it fixed...but that it was my fault that I did not. I debated with them if it was the tensioner...then why did the noise go away for a month the last time I brought it in?...and all they said is that they are sticking to it. I have a problem with the competency of what they are the noise started after they did the initial work and they recommend that I spend more money fixing something that wasn't there...then after getting a second opinion...they supposedly fix it...and then revert back to the same reason a month later. Not to mention improper paperwork showing things done on it that were not done. I will never recommend anyone go here for service...and I would even go as far as have them avoid them for sales as well.
Category: Service