Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
NELS F. on 03/28/2014
"Par for the course"
I don't know why I didn't expect something to be wrong when I picked my truck up seeing how there has been something wrong every single time in the past two and a half years. If the service wasn't paid in advance (built in to the purchase price of the trucks and warranty issues) I would not be using Toyota of Puyallup service. This time I simply had the roof weather strips replaced under warranty due to shrinkage and separation. They washed the truck even though the ticket said "No Wash". When I was handed the keys I noticed the front license plate bracket was broken and the plate was bent out 4 to 5 inches. It was so obvious I couldn't believe they would just hand me the keys and assume I wouldn't notice. I can't believe they either didn't notice, or they just don't care. Further, they scratched the bed of the truck up with what I assume was the hose being dragged across quarter panel. Great, a new "Toyota of Puyallup" license plate bracket and a "free" buffing of the paint when I bring it back in for its next service. I'll take the free buff of the paint. I'm also taking the "Toyota of Puyallup" license plate brackets off the truck. No more free advertising from me on either of my (purchased new) 2011 Toyotas. I look forward to finding a new mechanic that pays attention to the details. I spent too much on these trucks to have someone treat them like their parts delivery truck.
Category: Service
Service Date: 03/27/2014
Review Created: 03/28/2014 08:12 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 04/02/2014

Hi Mr. & Mrs. Forde,

I received the comments you posted regarding the recent warranty repairs on your Tundra. That is not acceptable and on behalf of Toyota of Puyallup, I apologize we made that mistake. Our team should know when to and when not to wash vehicles but, more importantly, should also be doing an inspection upon completion to ensure everything is okay. In your case, we failed on both of those fronts! In appreciation of that, I’d like to offer a full exterior detail for you, free of charge, so we can take care of the scratches and have your truck fully buffed and polished. I’ll provide you with a free loaner for the day as well, since that normally takes about 5-6 hours to complete.
I’m so sorry for the mistake! I’ll make sure our team is made aware of the issues so we can correct things internally. Please let me know if you’d like to take advantage of the detail service offered and rest assured your next visit will be much better.
Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention so we can better serve our customers.
Rich Conley | Asst.Service Mgr./Customer Relations