Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
ALETA M. on 03/31/2014
"lack of follow up"
bubble in sidewall of tire. supposed to get back to me last Monday. no word thus far. will no longer bring in friends / new customers.
Vehicle: TOYOTA PRIUS C
Category: Service
Service Date: 03/25/2014
Review Created: 03/31/2014 12:19 AM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 04/02/2014

Hi Aleta –

We received your concerns and have attempted to contact you via phone but have been unsuccessful. I hope I’m able to respond to your situation, but please let me know if you have additional questions.
Normally, a bubbled sidewall in a tire is a result of some sort of road hazard or impact. Although it may not be fully punctured, it should be replaced as soon as possible as it poses a risk to the integrity of the tire. Unfortunately, warranty does not cover that type of need as it is considered to be caused by an outside influence and not a defect in workmanship. To be sure, we can remove the tire from the wheel to do an inspection for you. This normally shows any signs of defect in the tire. Can you please contact me to let me know if you’d like this to be done? I’m sorry about the confusion but I think we can get to the bottom of this.

Thank you so much!