Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
ALANA M K. on 05/01/2014
"Install fog lights on my 2014 Scion tC"
Long story. I bought the fog lights for my car as part of my sales deal. I was told the kit wasn't available until Jan 2014. I was told they would call me when available and had ordered it. I had to call every month to see if the kit was available and if it was order. Come to find out it was available in Feb 2014 and no one ordered the kit. Not only that, but the document showing the kit in my records in the parts department had been scratched out. I wasn't pleased at all about this particular experience. Too many people dropped the ball and basically, If I hadn't gone in to check myself in April, I would have never received the kit.
Category: Service
Service Date: 04/29/2014
Review Created: 05/01/2014 02:27 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 05/02/2014

Hello Alana,

We're so very sorry for all the confusion and mistakes.  That review is a very accurate accounting of what happened. Our process is somewhat flawed and this gives us good opportunity to ensure future transactions of this type meet our customer’s expectations.

Upon sale of the vehicle we received the We-Owe for post-production accessory installation. At that time, the fog light kit was not available yet. We learned from inquiring with Toyota that the “live” date for availability was to be February 2 2014. We wrote an order form and placed it in our “future available” que. At this point we made a mistake by writing on the form “service to contact” which is usual practice for We-Owe orders where we have legitimate ETAs. The order also had a note to notify the salesperson. We did eventually order and receive the parts. Upon receiving the parts, the person checking in the order did not recognize the “future availability” or “notify salesperson” notations. The receiver only saw the notation that it was a We Owe order and that Service would notify the customer. No notifications were made and the parts sat un-installed on the special order shelf. The customer came in on April 19 to inquire and fortunately we were able to piece the coordination back together. The tracking and coordination of “future available” parts is now being tracked by management to avoid these types of situations in the future.

Please let me know if there's anything we can do to appease this for you.  I apologize again for the mistake.

Eric Schnabel, Parts Manager