Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
Darrin W. on 06/01/2014
"Undecided"
We bought our vehicle at a dealership in Tacoma, but the Puyallup location is 2 minutes from our house. For our first service appointment I am a little unsure if convience is worth questionable service. I was told our oil change would take an hour. I declined the car wash because we had just done this the day before, but I did ask for the vacuum. It was very busy that day, lots of people in and out of there. I could overhear a lot of conversations and quite a few customer complaints. I thought everyone was just being grumpy so I just waited patiently. When an hour and a half had gone by, I was starting to wonder how much longer. Then I overheard them talking at the desk about our vehicle. I went up to see what was going on and they hadn't even started our 1 hour oil change. I had somewhere I needed to be and I told them I couldn't wait much more than a half hour. They said they would hurry to get it done. They were apologetic and explained how this happened. They were done in 15 minutes, which also worried me that maybe they skipped something or just looked and topped off oil. Rotated tires and everything in 15 minutes? Vacuum in car was also not very good. Overall have not decided if we will be returning there or driving further distance where we purchased vehicle.
Vehicle: TOYOTA TUNDRA 4WD TRUCK
Category: Service
Service Date: 05/30/2014
Review Created: 06/01/2014 11:19 AM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 06/04/2014

Hello Mr. Wagner,

Thanks so much for the feedback regarding your recent service experience with us. Sounds like things didn’t go as smoothly as we would have hoped! I’m sorry to hear that! I can appreciate that your time is valuable and we make every effort to hit our “promise times.” We’ll definitely use this as a learning experience to improve our processes. In regards to how quickly the work was performed, we have teams of technicians that work together in our lube department. The actual service time a vehicle takes can vary, but basically, one tech is responsible for draining and filling the oil, another for rotating the tires, and another for the inspection. This can sometimes be a very quick/smooth process, especially on a new vehicle with hardly any miles such as yours. However, in recognition of this, I’m happy to have the service redone (at no charge to you) so we can BOTH be sure that nothing was missed. I wouldn’t want that in the back of your mind! Please let me know if you’d like to take me up on that and when a good time would be. I’ll handle all the rest.
I really appreciate you choosing us for your service work. Please accept my apologies again and let me know if I can redo that service for you.
Rich Conley | Asst.Service Mgr./Customer Relations