Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
RICHARD S R. on 07/24/2014
"They just wanted to sell the trucks that are on lot instead of try to help the consumer find the features they wanted. "
This might seem a bit insignificant to other consumers, the dealer or large company like Toyota; however my wife and I really wanted a built-in GPS unit along with Entune App Suite in our new Tundra. The sales rep told us that it would cost us $1500 dollars more for a GPS unit and we’re better off just buying an aftermarket GPS unit because it was cheaper (the funny part is that we had the money to buy what we wanted and we told him that). He also told us that the Entune App Suite would work all I needed to do was download the App for my phone and I could access it which was false because you need the Entune Premium Audio system to do that. I think he just wanted to sell the truck that was on lot instead of try to help the consumer find the features they wanted. The sad part of this story is we had saved our money for years to buy our dream truck, but now we’ll probably just trade it in next year for a FORD with the options we wanted in the first places. This might sound silly to others, but it’s the little things that make consumers appreciate you over the long haul.
Vehicle: TOYOTA TUNDRA
Category: Service
Service Date: 07/22/2014
Review Created: 07/24/2014 11:59 AM
"Customer First" Team at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 07/25/2014

Dear Richard,

We are sorry that you are unhappy with the options on your truck.  Danny and Greg said they both offered to find the truck you wanted and explained the $1500.00 cost difference for the upgraded Navigation system.  We are completely open to trading vehicles in order to get our customers exactly what they want.  We feel badly that you are not happy with your purchase.  Please know we would never knowingly or unknowingly mislead our customers regarding ANYTHING related to the purchase.  We take great pride in our reputation for providing excellent customer service and hope you will consider working with us in the future to fulfill your vehicle needs.