Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
ANDREA M G. on 08/21/2014
"Pile on"
I was told that the oil pan was leaking a lot. For $242 it would be fixed. I declined. I had a mechanic look at it and he said they could detect no leaks. Either you got the wrong vehicle or you were trying to scam me. I will not be returning. We were looking at replacing this Highlander but we will look elsewhere. It takes years to build your reputation and one incident to destroy it.
Vehicle: TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
Category: Service
Service Date: 08/19/2014
Review Created: 08/21/2014 06:32 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 08/22/2014

Hi Andrea,

I left you a voicemail but wanted to follow up with an email as well.  I'm so sorry about this situation.  We feel awful that we have misled you about this.  I'm certain that it's due to a lack of expertise in the lube tech who changed your oil.  We've made recent changes to our policies so lube techs do not make recommendations or "pinpoint" diagnosis.  We do ask that they look for apparent leaks or problems, but rather than say "recommend oil pan gasket" we ask that they have an older, more experienced, mechanic inspect and give a second opinion.  This will help avoid situations like this in the future.  Please accept our apologies and I'd love the opportunity to make this right for you.  I left my direct line on the voicemail I left you if you'd like to give me a call back.  Thank you for the feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,