Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
ANGELA E. on 09/17/2014
"Won't go the extra mile to please a customer"
Although they were great with my oil change service, I was not happy with how they handled another problem. Long story short, my car is still under warranty. A part of my vehicle is damaged. Although just cosmetic, I feel like it is a defect in the workmanship or material that caused it to be damaged. They would not "take care" of the part because they felt that Toyota would deny the claim. However, when I talked to the Toyota dealer that I purchased my car from, they insisted that I bring it to them and that they would take care of my problem. Toyota dealers across the board should be consistent. I should not have to go back to the dealer that I purchased the car from to get a problem resolved. It is for that reason why I give Toyota of Puyallup a low rating. Perhaps if I had purchased the car from them, they would have cared more to make sure a loyal customer was happy and kept returning to them?
Category: Service
Service Date: 09/12/2014
Review Created: 09/17/2014 12:40 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 09/18/2014

Hello and thank you for the feedback.  We appreciate it!  I remember this scenario and hope I can help to clarify things.
 The mirror housing is melted/deformed. The vehicle is under warranty but the condition was very apparent it was outside influence. Just to rule out any possibility of it being due to overheating with the wiring, we removed the glass and shell of the mirror and walked you out to the vehicle, with it disassembled.  We found no damage to the inside.  There were no blackened or overheated wires, and all functions of the mirror worked correctly. I thought at the time you had agreed with us that there was nothing else that could be done and declined replacement of the mirror housing?  Please know we always want to do whatever we can in the interest of our customers to get repairs covered, but Toyota will only warranty replacement of "defective" parts.  I hope you can understand our limitations when it comes to that.  Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Rich Conley