Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
YUAN-AN F. on 09/26/2014
"Not a good experience this time"
We bought two Prius (2006 and 2010) from your dealership and had you maintained our cars for these years. We had pretty good experiences with your dealership until this time.

Our 2006 Prius was rear-ended. The air bag warning light came on after the accident. The insurance claim person said that the air bag warning light could not be caused by this accident. She said that we could have your dealership run the diagnosis to determine the cause. I questioned how but I called your dealership and asked. The lady answered the call said that you could run the diagnosis and find out the cause. I questioned how and she repeated that it could be done. I made the appointment.

I later needed to reschedule the appointment. I called to change the appointment from 3:00 pm to 11:00 am. I also asked about alignments done on the vehicle. The guy said that he could not find any history of alignments. I knew right away that he was looking at the wrong vehicle. I told him that the appointment was for 2006 Prius, not 2010 Prius. He finally found what I asked for and told me the dates that the alignments were done.

On the date of the appointment, I arrived about 5 minutes early. There were several customers waiting but there was only one lady service advisor. She said that she did not know where other service advisors went. So, I waited. I waited about 15 minutes for her to finish the customer ahead of me. When it was my turn, she could not find my appointment. She later said that my appointment was 3:00 pm instead of 11:00 am. I told her I called to change the appointment to 11:00. She said that she did not know why the appointment was not changed. I told her that the air bag warning light came on right after the accident and asked how the diagnosis could determine the cause. She said that the diagnosis could be run to determine the cause but I would have to pay first no matter what was the cause. Again, I asked about the alignment history. She could not find it. I had to tell her again that It was the 2006 Prius not the 2010.

More than one hour later, the lady service advisor told me that the warning light was nothing to do with the rear-ended accident. She said that the mechanic did a re-calibration of seat system that fixed the warning light. I asked her how he knew that it was not caused by the accident. The lady service advisor tried to find the mechanic to explain it to me but the mechanic was out for lunch.

Luckily, we found the youtube video below. In the video, it clearly stated that the warning light was caused by a rear-ended accident and Zero Calibration of Occupant Classification System cleared the air bag warning light. I am not sure how the mechanic determined that the issue was nothing to do the accident. I hope that the video I provided here would help some of your customers who need your help in the future. I am also not very impressive about the lack of service advisors and the appointment and vehicle mix-ups.
Category: Service