Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
LINDA C W. on 10/13/2014
"not doing repair they said they did"
They told me they would replace a wheel bearing that had been replaced 2 years ago. When I took the truck to someone else to do the other wheel bearing on the other side, which they did for less than half the price, they checked and found the bearing had not been replaced. They had to knock the dirt off the bolts and when they opened up the housing they could tell it had been replaced (2 yrs ago) but not recently. Now I question if they did the rest of the service that I paid for. I will never be back. They lost a customer over a business decision. The more I talk to people I find others are just as angry with the dealership over shoddy repairs. Recommend this business? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!
Vehicle: TOYOTA TACOMA
Category: Service
Service Date: 10/08/2014
Review Created: 10/13/2014 07:43 AM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 10/14/2014

Unfortunately, customer is innaccurate in her statement.  We feel very badly that she would allow an independent/aftermarket shop to take one look at her vehicle, without any background, and have her believe something was not done as we said it was.  This customer has been coming to our shop for a long time and we've always demonstrated our willingness to do the right thing. Dealership had provided cusotmer, prior to this review, with photographic proof that part has been replaced.  Most importantly, we still have the old part, with matching part number to her VIN, proving there is a new one installed.  Furthermore, it was done at no charge to customer due to her long term good standing with our dealership, under "goodwill" warranty.
Dealer has reached out to customer again to invite her back for a visual inspection of vehicle, with our 29 Master tech who did the work, so he can show what exactly was replaced.

Rich Conley