Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
Jerod H. on 11/19/2014
"Disapointed"
Appointments were made for both my Toyota vehicles to have some warranty work done as I am a huge Toyota brand loyalist. Since I'm new to the area and just aquired one of my vehicles I was using my visit here to have the warranty work done as a test to see if I wanted to continue using their service department here for my maintenance in the future. The appointments were made and able to get in pretty quick. I brought my truck in first and couldn't make it to the subsequent appointment so I needed my wife to bring our car to the second appointment which would take longer so a courtesy car was offered to prevent sitting and waiting. Upon her arrival with our 4 month old son, the women that she spoke with at the check-in were extremely rude and gave her the run around. They acted very rude to her when referring to our vehicle which is a Yaris and one of the most economical vehicles that Toyota offers, as though since we had an economy car, we didn't deserve the same treatment as other people there for service on their $50k Tundras. The loaner vehicle they promised was unavailable and already given out to someone else when she arrived. She had not planned to be stranded at the dealership for hours with my young son who just happened to be sick and had limited food and diapers. After waiting for multiple hours longer than they told us it would take over the phone, it soon became an issue that they may not finish the work before closing. The Yaris had a 12:30 appointment and was supposed to take 2-3 hours, now may not be done prior to closing. After haggling with the rude women at the service counter again, they finally told her about the courtesy van which finally gave her a ride home.

We had not planned to be without our car overnight. Furthermore, I had to leave work two days anyway to come and give her a ride to pick up the car anyway. This was a huuuge inconvenience that could have all been avoided if the promised loaner vehicle was available like they said it would. I won't return to Toyota of Puyallup for service again and will share this with all my Soldiers that work for me on JBLM.

If you make a promise keep it! And just because we own an affordable model car that gets great mileage doesn't mean we're poor or deserve to be treated like second class citizens!
Vehicle: TOYOTA TACOMA
Category: Service
Service Date: 11/18/2014
Review Created: 11/19/2014 05:36 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 11/21/2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for the feedback.  I hope after we had a chance to talk on the phone that you will accept our apologies for the poor service.  I certainly don't want to make excuses and I hope we can work this out moving forward.  I'm happy to personally oversee your wife's next appointment if necessary.  In this case we were far from perfect, but we're always working hard on improving and we do care.

Thank you again and I hope to hear back from you.

Rich Conley