Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
RICHARD D M. on 11/21/2014
"Very Few Care About Your Auto Issue"
I find that they thing everything you are experiencing with your new vehicle is normal. Yes, we feel the vibration, we don't know what that vibration is, but it must be normal. Yes, we feel your vehicle shift wrong, you might even call it a transmission slip, but that's normal. Then you ask "can you show me another car that has the same issue?" "No, but that vibration and transmission slip is normal." Oh, by the way, we will write on your RO "Repair Order" no problem found. We won't explain what we found. We want to make sure you have no recourse at a later date if the problem gets worse as your new vehicle ages.
I feel a dealership who sells new vehicles should be on your side to solve your issue with the actual manufacture of the vehicle. But, that is not the case with this dealership. They are on the side of the manufacture and you are on your own to solve any problem they can't diagnose standing at the service desk.
Category: Service
Service Date: 11/19/2014
Review Created: 11/21/2014 08:43 AM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 11/21/2014

I apologize that you feel that way.  We certainly are doing everything we can to identify whether or not your vehicle has any problems.  We went as far as calling in the Toyota District Service Manager to ride in your vehicle to determine whether or not it is operating withing tolerance.  At this time, they do not find any need to repair.  We've asked that you come down to ride with our techs so we can further address your concerns, but if you're unwilling to do that please know that we've spent a lot of time trying to help you.  When we say there are "no problems found" we certainly don't want to leave you in a position where you have no recourse for future repairs.  It simply means that, at this time, there are no problems found with your vehicle.  The good news is, that you've documented a concern you have while under the warranty period.  If something comes up down the road, we will continue to work with the manufacturer to help you out.  In no way do we want to jeopardize our relationship with our cusotmers, but if we cannot find a problem with a vehicle we do have to follow the manufacturer's guidelines regarding repair attempts.  I hope you can understand that we can't just begin replacing parts unless we're sure of what we're doing or have a confifmed diagnosis.  Please keep a close eye on your truck and let me know if we need to delve deeper.  I'll continue to work with you and I hope you realize we're not leaving you to fend for yourself on this.  I will be your advocate for repairs as much as possible.

Rich Conley