Whitty'z Diesel and Auto Repair

Matt L. on 03/28/2017
Matt said he called and scheduled an appointment a week in advance, so his vehicle would not just sit unattended. This business did not honor the appointment, twice. They kept the vehicle longer than they needed to. He had to return to this business and now his vehicle is being serviced elsewhere.
Vehicle: Ford F450 Super Duty
Service Date: 03/06/2017
Review Created: 03/28/2017
Erin M. on 09/02/2016
Erin said this business had a lot of miscommunication, they were rude and dishonest.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 08/29/2016
Review Created: 09/02/2016
Randy W. at Whitty'z Diesel and Auto Repair responded on 09/16/2016

We are sorry that we could not totally satisfy you as a customer. We also know that communication is critical and we will take your feed back to heart. We always try to take good care of every customer. Unfortunately the insurance company decided not to cover your repairs. If we can ever help you again please give us a call.

David B. on 09/03/2015
David said this business diagnosed his vehicle incorrectly. The employees replaced parts that did not need to be replaced and ordered parts they did not use. He had to take his vehicle to another business to get it fixed.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 09/01/2015
Review Created: 09/03/2015
Randy W. at Whitty'z Diesel and Auto Repair responded on 09/05/2015

David's transmission temp was to high at idle only. It shifted properly and there were no DTC present. We clearly told David that it could be a failed or plugged Trans cooler and that might fix the issue. We also told David if that did not fix the issue that his trans would have to be removed and inspected and the issue was internal. David authorized the cooler repair knowing the possibilities. Furthermore David did not have to pay for the cooler repair nor the internal transmission repair. This was a difficult situation, but David got a rebuilt transmission at no cost to him.

Robert B. on 01/29/2014
"I'll never go back to Whitty'z"
I could never get a straight answer on the costs. every time I spoke with someone the price kept going up. When I picked up the car it smelled like smoke, and sweat and old oil on the inside of my car. I had to leave the windows open for 2 days to get rid of the stench. I was originally told it would take just a couple of days for the repairs to be completed, instead they had my car for almost 2 weeks. I will never go back to Whitty'z and I will tell anyone who asks to avoid Whitty'z.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Aveo
Service Date: 01/27/2014
Review Created: 01/29/2014 07:28 AM
Randy W. at Whitty'z Diesel and Auto Repair responded on 02/03/2014

When Robert called and explained that the timing belt had broken he insisted on getting an estimate for the total repair. He then said someone had already tried to work on it for him. I explainded that because this was an interference engine that we could not give him an exact estimate until we had taken the head off to see the extent of the damage to the head; the valves; the pistons. He insisted on an estimate that was impossible to give him. He also tried to pin me to a cost of $1000. to $1100.00. I quoted him $1150.00 if there was no damage to the head and the valves and if there was no machine work required. However when we got the head off there were 8 bent valves and it was necessary to replace those valves and do a valve job.  In addition the timing belt had failed because the water pump failed, the timing belt tensioner failed. So in addition to the head work he had to buy a timing belt, a new water pump, a new timing belt tensioner, 8 new valves and valve seals.The machine shops bill to me was $470.00 and I just passed that cost on to Robert with out any mark up. I also tried to source used heads for him, but every used head I had pulled off of a used engine had bent valves. In terms of his car smelling like oil; this car came to us after someone else had worked on it and pulled the front timing belt cover; the belt, and a pulley and left the oily parts in the trunk which permeated the cabin of the vehicle. This customer had some very unreal expectations and did not want to hear what the actual cost of repairs was going to be. I would have been better off not accepting this job. The total cost of repairs ended up being $1540.00 . I spoke with Robert every step of the way and he understood why there were delays. He wanted us to source a possible used head which took additional time; that put the machine work on hold so it took longer than it originally would have.

Juan S. on 05/27/2013
"Not happy"
A/C is not working 2 weeks after I left your shop and your son says it's because to high manifold pressure but I'm still without ac
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 05/14/2013
Review Created: 05/27/2013 10:14 AM
Randy W. at Whitty'z Diesel and Auto Repair responded on 05/28/2013
Should be noted that customer brought in his own compressor and asked us only to replace the old one along with 2 other parts. We did not diagnose the system and only did as customer requested. I called Juan S. this morning and invited him back in so we can properly diagnose issue. It is important to note that we installed Juan's Compressor and we cannot warranty parts that customers bring us for installation. I have let Juan S. know that we will diagnose his a/c issue if he will bring it back in.
Jessica E. on 07/12/2012
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Poor customer Service"
I would call and they would pick up the phone and then hang up on me for several days until a friend called from another line they were more than happy to answer the phone like a normal business. It was just shady. Looks nice an clean but shady thus far. GO some where else.
Service Date: 07/10/2012
Review Created: 07/12/2012 09:45 AM
Randy W. at Whitty'z Diesel and Auto Repair responded on 07/18/2012
George Eblen her husband brought us his 2002 Jetta TDI in through our Free Towing Service. We were able to diagnose the issue being his injection pump had failed. His previous quotes for the cost of the repair hinged on the fact that the pump itself was very expensive bringing the other quoted repairs to over $2500. I took the time to search around and found a remanufactured pump that would take 4 days to get where we were able to complete the repair for about $700.00 less. We got the pump on Friday afternoon July 6th and had it installed and running on Tuesday July 10th. I called Goerge that afternoon and he was busy and said he would call me back. I did not here from him, but evidently his wife tried contacting us on July 11th. Our business has recently been recieving multiple calls asking for a person that I do not even know. And even though I have asked the orginzation which is a call center not to call here because we are a place of business and the person they were trying to contact did not live or work here they continued to call. Unfortunately where ever that call center was located had a similar prefix for a phone number as Jessica; so I would just pick up the phone set it down and then hang it up. My mistake, but I am sure people understand how frustrating it can be to get those types of calls continually in business. The company still calls but I have written that number down and posted it on my phones so myself and the employees will not make the same mistake again. In addition to help Goerge out Whitty'z is allowing him to make payments on his repair to help him out. I do apologize for any inconvenience that I may have caused Jessica and I will offer George/Jessica a free oil change for her inconvenience.. We do pride ourselves on helping our customers and providing excellent customer service and hope we can continue to provide service for the Eblens.