I was present when my advisor made calls to update you on your vehicle progress while it was at the body shop for paint repair. I was alos present when he had explained to you that there was a delay beyond our control and they would have to start over by stripping the vehicles paint entirely. you were followed up with on several occasions including many in which you did not anser calls. About the lost key, I cannot confirm nor deny that occured but in good faith I did get the key replaced. The repairs were for paint and we do not offer a paint shop in house and these repairs must be sent out to a body shop to be handled. Your vehicle was out of warranty but again in good faith we took care of half the bill.
After viewing your service department visit, I see that the repair was a very large job in that the headliner was replaced. These types of repairs are very time consuming. I dont know what type of time estimate was given, but it should have been about 4-5 days to compensate for the unexpected when removing so much of the vehicles interior to perform this type of repair. We are working to train our associates to contact our clientele multiple times a day to be sure you all are kept up to date with the progress of your vehicles. There is no excuse for not keeping in touch with you during the process, but please be assured we are working to correct that immediately. We have added another member to our repair team to make the turn around time for our vehicles much more managable for our clients. Thank you for your understanding and if there is anything I can do personally to help your visit be top notch as we are working to improve, please let me know.
Thank you,Paul Mendoza
It is unfortunate that one the recalled parts were out of stock by the manufacturer and is way beyond our control. That part for the recall is expected to be released sometime this week to fill our many orders for it. Being out of our control I would ask that you reconsider the failing grade we as a staff have recieved for a back order part out of our control. As far as our prices, we are the best priced Acura dealership in the area. We meet or beat our competitors prices which 9.5 out of 10 times are much higher than ours. We are competitive without our specials, and with them, well why would you go anywhere else? We offer fo much for so little. You get a larger value for less than what you would spend somewhere else. Again please reconsider our failing grade and be aware that our orders will be filling soon and a call for your appointment is coming.
Our departmenthas tried calling you at the phone number on file. Your part is now in stock and ready to install. Please contact our appointment desk at (714)979-2500 to schedule an apointment to have the vehicle updated.
If you are having a problem with your vehicle I would ask that we set up an appointment to recheck the vehicle. Especially since the issue was fixed as you stated it "came back." A chance to correct the issue a make another customer happy is all we ask. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
I have been a loyal customer for years. So much that my last two cars were Acura and I always went to the dealership on harbor to get my service. After my last experience i will NEVER go there again. I am not sure what has changed internally since the I was there 3,000 miles ago but whatever it is, it isn't working.
To make this review short I will just point out the reasons why I will never go back.
1. When I showed up by myself with my 10 month old son, I wast even offered any help when needed to unload a billion things from my car to the loner car. For those of you without kids, it is extremely difficult to move a carseat and install it into another car while you are holding your baby! Not to mention i couldn't let him walk around since there were cars driving in and out of the service department directly next to my car.
2. I rec a phone call that my car was done and of course in true service fashion more things were needed to done to my car soon so i should be aware. So i replied " noted, but my lease is up soon so i am not interested right now as i will be turning my lease into the dealership in the next 2 months. The sales guy said no problem i understand.
3. Though my service was completed in a great time frame when arrived i was still offered no help to move all that i moved out back into my just serviced car all while i am still trying to hold my child. Arn't car deanships filled with men? and not one offered to help???
4. When I went to pay for my bill my invoice said $85.00. I asked the sales guy why it was not the $60 i was quoted. He said that he did a full A2 service and that was $85.00. I said that that is not what i made the appointment for. So he told me that it was better for me because it would rain soon and I will feel better that I had the A2 service. Again, Not the service i requested and oh wait... didn't i mention before that i was turning in my car to the dealer in 2 months and didn't need an extras?
I understand it wasn't much more money than i had intended but it was the fact that he didn't offer to correct it, instead he tried to convince me it was what i needed.
Since my child was tired and i was exhausted from moving everything twice from car to car. I got into my car and left as i didn't have the time to argue with the sales guy.
5. Then i was called to see how my experience was and i explained to the customer service lady how disappointed i was and she apologized and said her manager would be fining me a call. Well, i dint get a call unitl several days later. When he called i could talk because i was at work so i called and left a message on my break asking for a return phone call. But SHOCKER... never received a call back. So my issue is still left unsolved.
Last but not least, this experience happened on a sat. That sunday i went into the dealership to look at new acuras so i could turn in my lease. As i was getting my son out of my car the sales guy pulled into the spot i was standing in with no hesitation and almost hit my son and i. Never apologized and rudely walked away only to greet us as though nothing happened at all! Then i had such a bad experience with him trying to get me info on my lease that my family and i left. Later that day I drove home a new TOYOTA!
Sorry Acura, The dealer on Harbor is giving you a bad name.
Good luck and i hope you get this worked out.
1. Engine had blue smokes coming out after my test drive.*
2. Alignment (vehicle was pulling to the right and must steer to the left to go straight)
3. Driver 2 spare key*
* indicates that the issues were resolved after 1st service visits.
I took the vehicle back after a day of waiting, then I started noticing more issues shown below, so I took the vehicle to a local dealership (Sierra Acura Alhambra) which is near by me for service. They did not want to do anything for me because of the non-factory alarm installation from South Coast Acura which void the warranty. Therefore I had to make another appointment with South Coast Acura for another service visit for the following issues.
1. Alignment still wasn’t resolved from previous visit.
2. Non-working alarm installed by the dealership for the previous lessee was removed because it was causing other issues below.
3. Driver courtesy light doesn’t lit.
4. Cruise control issues – vehicle’s actual speed is faster than the set speed by user.
5. Transmission shifting issues, vehicle doesn’t shift properly from 1st to 2nd gear.
6. I provided Technical Service Bulletins to Jeremy but he had indicated that there were no such thing existed.
The 2nd service visit with South Coast Acura had improved the alignment issue, and resolved driver courtesy light, but did not resolve cruise control and transmission issues.
Issues such as alignment should not happen with a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) at all, gear shifting, cruise control issue, blue smoke coming out of engine room, the fuse box came off which was partially melted with a bad plastic smell when retrieved. The sales Kyle and Tasha emphasized that the vehicle is a CPO that is highly trustable and creditable which indicated to me that it should be problem free, and they assured me that they will take care of these issues for me after my purchase, but they did not. I deeply believe that this dealership is about scamming customer’s hard-earned money. They are only and definitely prompt at responding via email and good at doing it (eg: Nigerian scammers) prior to your purchase, but if it's about "customer service" and "warranty coverage" then they will never respond to you in the hope that the consumer simply "gives up".
I am very frustrated with Acura brand and irritated by the incompetency of the dealership. I felt that I should just sue this dealership for all of the issues, time and financial losses, and emotional stress that I’ve been through caused by this dealership. People are paying money to buy a vehicle to enjoy, but not paying to get pissed off.
07/13 – Vehicle was purchased.
07/19 – 1st service visit (South Coast Acura, Costa Mesa).
08/09 – 2nd service visit (Sierra Acura, Alhambra), unresolved, paid $130.
08/11 – Informed Jeremy that I am bring back the vehicle for the 3rd service visit.
08/16 – 3rd service visit (South Coast Acura, Costa Mesa).
08/19 – Tasha Taylor has left South Coast Acura.
08/26 – Informed Jeremy & Kait about issues not fixed, no response.
08/28 – South Coast Acura sent me a check in the amount of $197 for fees refund, which is short of $69. I was charged $220 for Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees, $20 for State Emissions Certification Fee, and $26 for electronic vehicle registration or transfer charge.
10/10 – Took the vehicle to a private mechanic which allowed the vehicle to go straight via compensation since one of the cambers is damaged/bent due to accident from the past. Paid $60.
10/14 – Have not received the CA license plate and registration as of this day.
In separate visits at two different dealers, no "blue smoke" was found nor was an issue duplicated. Alignment was performed before purchase and twice by us after you recieved vehicle at no charge to you. I personally drove the vehicle and found no pulling in either direction. During that test drive I also found no issue with the shifting of the transmission nor any issue with the cruise control operation as there is a slight difference in the digital display and analog display(normal for any product in any line, not just automotive). I apologized to you for the inconviniece of a local dealer not being able to help you out, and removed the aftermarket alarm as well as made repairs to your vehicle all while you drove a brand new loaner vehicle and we adapted your tight schedule. Your registration fees paid to DMV had a balance that was unused for registration. That money has been refunded to you and you have stated that you received the check. To that same address that you received the refund check is the same address your registration has gone to. It may take up to 90 days to receive registration upon purchasing a vehicle. Otherwise your local DMV can assist you in obtaining a replacement registration. As for the license plates, they are behind the paper plates on the front and rear of the vehicle.
We as a staff have met and corrected a mistake that was made when providing you the estimate for your repair. As a true and honest mistake that will not happen again, and being that you have accepted my apologies in accepting my offer to provide additional recommended services at no additional cost to you. I humbly ask you to review your posting of our dealership as it would be much appreciated. Providing you and all of our clients top notch service is our goal.
Honda's customer service was much better.