EA
Eleazar A.
Cadillac Seville
05/27/2020 Category: Service
Eleazar said this business is a rip off. First, the manager was rude. Secondly, the staff charged him a diagnostic to find the problem with his vehicle, which turned out to be the alternator. When he picked up the vehicle, it wasn't working. So they wanted to charge him another $100 to find what was wrong.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 06/11/2020

I hope that we were able to resolve this with our phone call and again I apologize for the mis-communication. Your vehicle had two distinct and separate problems.  When the vehicle came in it had a dead battery, we charged it and diagnosed the alterantor being bad. After fixing this problem we discovered the second issue, that the vehicle did not idle very well. When we called you we attempted to explain to you that the vehicle now started and ran but didn't idle very well. At the end of our conversation I was under the impression that this was the typical operation of the vehicle and you were not concerened with fixing it that day.
When you came back, we did not mean to come of as rude. We were simply trying to explain that your car needed more repairs that would incur additional charges. At that time you authorized one additional hour of diagnosis, after we diagnosed the idle air control you authorized us to replace it, and the vehicle left running properly at that time.

BRADY H.
06/24/2019
Brakes
I got new brakes and tires here. They didn’t hook the brakes up correctly and my husband drove on the interstate and almost hit a semi. He had to swerve off the interstate. They didn’t even offer a refund . I will never go back to this auto shop and I would not recommend it.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 06/28/2019

We would like to apoligize again for this. We have discussed this in several weekly safety meetings since the reparis were done to ensure things like this don't happen again in the future.
We are sorry that this happened and have tried our best to take care of it. We paid for your needed repairs in South Dakota. We also replaced a tire pressure sensor for you for no charge when you came back.  If there is anything else you feel we should do to make this right with you please give us a call.

BETH B.
11/29/2018
Customer Service
Good customer service - went beyond normal expectations to explain what they did.

11/29/2018
oil change - tail light blinking fast
oil change and repair for tail light. This was completely over charged. It was simply a light bulb but I was charge over $200 for a wiring harness and socket. When in the end they admitted it was just a wrong bulb in the tail light that was making the light blink off.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 11/29/2018

I apoligize for the misunderstanding. I hope that I was able to explain everything to you properly over the phone today. The sypmptom you were seeing from the drivers seat, the fast blinking noise, was definately the same. However before we replaced the harness the lights in the rear were not consitanly working, after the harness was replaced the lights were working properly but because of the difference in bulbs the computer was still seeing an error.

Jeep Cherokee
09/12/2018
Disappointed
I didnt appreciate how the employee working in the front treated me. He was very rude and talked to me about my car like I was just a stupid woman. Infuriating. Also....I was looking forward to the window washing and vacuuming out of my vehicle I was told I'd receive. I left with no vacuuming done and my windows were much dirtier than when I came in. Disappointed. I will never be back, and the person who was a regular customer who referred me there, will also not return.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 09/14/2018

I really hope I was able to resolve this with you over the phone today. We in no way wanted to make you feel stupid. I talked to the guys today about making sure to vacuum every car that gets an oil change and about changing the water in the window wash pails more frequently. Again, I apologize, and hopefully next time you come in you have a more pleasant experience.
Travis

MK
MIKE K.
Nissan 280ZX
03/22/2018
Smile
Would be nice to feel like it's not the end of the world to help...thought I was the customer! Being friendly would make a difference.

MICHAEL and ASHLEE H.
02/03/2018
Very Disappointed
So after a previous incident with 13th Ave. Auto last year where work was performed to my car without my consent (and of which of course I was charged for), I decided to give them another shot to assist my wife and I in a purchase of a new vehicle by having them inspect it for problems. After receiving the initial diagnosis of the various problems wrong with the truck (approx. $1500 worth of repairs) we were very happy and took that to the dealer for negotiations. Fast forward to after purchasing the truck, and getting the repairs "fixed" by the dealer, they informed us that none of the issues that were originally identified (by 13th ave auto) were actually wrong with the truck, but found an issue that was not mentioned in the vehicle inspection by 13th ave auto. After having to pay to take the truck to ANOTHER mechanic shop for a separate inspection, it was again found that none of the issues identified by 13th ave auto were actually wrong and that there is an issue with the truck that was not mentioned. As a customer who admittedly knows nothing about cars/trucks, I can't help but feel like I've been taken advantage of to drum up business...... twice. Forget three strikes, I'm calling it at two, we will not be back and will advise others who ask us, not to go either.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 03/08/2018

Hi Michael & Ashlee,

Your review is a little confusing. We are very critical when we do used vehicle inspections, not to try to make a sale, but rather to make sure you know what you are purchasing before you buy it. We thought that we had made it completely clear to you that the leaks we inspected were very minor and nothing to worry about in the near future. We also informed you that they may not even be considered leaks by the dealer since they were not major enough to leave drops on the ground, and that you should discuss these things with them before purchasing the vehicle.

As for the previous incident, we worked you in between other appointments when we were booked, as a courtesy to you. When we were unable to get ahold of you by phone, we had to decide whether to fix the car for you at that moment or in several days. Clearly we made the wrong decision, and we refunded your money.

DEB C.
Chrysler Pacifica
11/24/2017
The manager makes the place sad.
Are you kidding me this is the second time I have been there the manager is not manager. We will never be back . And if I would of known this is where my brother was going we would of not gone there. Thought they were to check things when they do oil change like wipers and such really well they never did. But they sure want your money.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 12/07/2017

Hi Deb,

We hope we have been able to resolve some of the issues you had with our service. We're sorry we let you down and hope to earn back your business in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate all feedback as it is essential to improving our business.

DK
David K.
Lidgerwood, ND
09/22/2016 Category: Service
David said he took his vehicle to the business for an oil change. He requested they use synthetic oil, and they did not. It was on the work order, but they made a mistake. He was in a hurry, so he did not have them replace it. When he got home, he noticed that the plastic guard that goes on the bottom of his vehicle had not been replaced properly after the service, it had dragged on the pavement for 80 miles. They told him they would replace it, but he lives 90 minutes away, and he is not sure when he will be able to go back.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 09/30/2016

Hi David,

We have the replacement skid plate on hand, whenever you can make it to West Fargo. I know its out of the way for you but we will keep the parts on hand until you can come in for it, no matter how long it takes. We will also do that oil change with synthetic engine oil no charge when your ready. Sorry we let you down. We hope to make it up to you on your next visit.

Thanks you,
John Binfet

JOHN and SUZANNE L.
Chevrolet Suburban
05/11/2015
Same problem 2 times. Was told it was fixed. Same problem a 3rd time on a trip which caused towing and car rental. Was told the shop would make it right with me. Haven't heard a word in over 2 months.

PG
Prince G.
12/12/2018 Category: Service
Prince said the business was expensive.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 12/19/2018

We understand that car repairs can get expensive. We have reviewed your account and everything we have done for you is at market value. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

10/03/2018
Took to long
Took an hour for a oil change
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 10/04/2018

I apologize for the long wait. We have some new staff and were having some computer issues. Quality is always our top concern. We took as much time as necessary to complete the job correctly but we should have explained to you why things were taking longer than they should have.

Ford Expedition
04/29/2018
This workshop is at a convenient location to me.
The repair to my vehicle was done in a timely manner. I did not appreciate the person who came over to tell me work was finished and asked for my card immediately for payment. He took my card away and then brought slip back for my signature. He could have waited until my break or until my shift finished. I have been going there for 4 years and they know I will pay when I pick my car up. The prices were always reasonable but now I find them super expensive for the repairs performed. They changed my radio station.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 05/22/2018

I apologize if I offended you by bringing you your paperwork and collecting payment from you at your place of work.
I did this for two reasons. I was trying to make it more convenient for you since you were at work, and it was almost noon and we close at 2:00 on Saturdays. Since you work next door it wasn't an inconvenience for me. I know that you offered to come over on your break or after work but I thought you were just being polite and not wanting to make me walk back and forth again. I did not think you were going to skip out on the bill or anything like that. I just wanted to make sure you were able to get your car back the same day without any extra inconvenience for you.

We always try and stay competitively priced with all of our repairs. We checked several of our competitors in West Fargo and found very similar prices. Although it was an expensive repair, our price on replacing your alternator with a New one was about $25 less than our competitors would have charrged for a Remanufactured option and $100 less than what they would have charged for the New option.

Resetting the radio was not intentional. The battery needed to be  disconnected to service the alternator. In the future we will use a memory saver device to the preset memory. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Travis

MIKE R.
01/03/2018
Checked my flat tire..and you took my tire off the rim
I thought your price for removing my tire off my rim to check for a flat was excessivly high in price..$15.00

NO work was done....plus I use to bring all of my business to you for 2 different vehicles. You should probably re think how you bill such a minor service.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 01/09/2018

Hi Mike,

We're sorry about your dissatisfaction with the bill. You were charged $15 to find the leak in a tire and to dismount it. Once dismounted, we found that the inside of the tire had been damaged from being driven on flat. We offered to sell you a tire but suggested that you may want to shop around since your tires were relatively new and we did not have access to that brand of tire. You agreed. We offered to put the tire back on the rim so it would take up less room in your trunk but you declined, so we vacuumed the ground up rubber out of your tire and gave it back to you.

When you stated that $15 was too much, we offered to charge you less but you said that was fine. After the transaction was complete, you again stated that it was too much and we offered to refund the full amount to your card but you declined that offer as well.

Thank you for your feedback. We wish we could have better resolved this issue for you.

DAVE and KIM S.
Nissan Armada
08/28/2017
You guys fixed the issue and it looks so much better. Thank you for making it right.

08/28/2017
Different
Had muffler and exhaust pipe replaced. They did a fine job except the chrome end piece does not look like the original that was on there. It looks like they just took a piece of chrome, cut it, and stick it on my vehicle....does my look attractive. Frustrating for a $400 job.
John B. from 13th Avenue Auto Repair responded on 10/04/2017

Hi Dave & Kim,

We apologize for this inconvenience. We were hoping that the after market part would be as decorative as the original. Hopefully we were able to correct the issue today and meet your expectations with the new part.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you in the future!

MICHAEL L.
08/01/2017
My
I got @ the garage @ about 9:26am to fix my car break and alignment .The receptionist told me that it will take approximately 1hour 45mins .I sat there for 6 hour without any body saying anything I realized that it too much so I walk to the counter and ask the lady @ the desk what was going wrong then she said I will check it up .later one of the workers came in and then she quietly ask him he went @ the back and came back to hand my keys and said everything is good only to find out there were still problemsome on the car